6796 58 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxximus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10026 ft
India

Hello all,

I bought this spark 2 months ago and i have taken good shots and videos from it..still learning few stuff

I was recently shooting some video from my apartment and i found something weird,don't know but this is happening most of the time ..i am getting horizontal jerk issue from the video..the final video is taken from Sd card and before flying i make sure that everything is in place like gimbal calibration was good and compass calibration was good

Note the jerk movement from 0:02 ..some parts of the video looks jittery and shaking left n right i was pretty sure that there was no wind blowing that time of shooting and spark was also in normal mode..i am attaching the video here for you to see the issue

How can i solve this issue..i am yet to get the latest firmware released 2 days back and the dji go 4 app update which has not yet available to me..my dji go 4 app version is 4.1.8

i imported this from UK and i m from india and its not possible for me to send it back for repair..may be i can find someone who can fix it locally but before taking this step i would like to get assistance from you regarding the problem and some solution

I am scared now to fly this with this Video jerk issue

2017-11-1
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's really strange
2017-11-1
Use props
fansd4e0e3d8
New
Flight distance : 6736 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a new / different SD card?
2017-11-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would suggest you first update all firm- and software and then test/report again on the outcomes.
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

fansd4e0e3d8 Posted at 2017-11-1 04:56
Have you tried a new / different SD card?

no i recently bought a sandisk 32 gb class 10 card..but i doubt that sd card has anything to do with this
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Have you tried it with several SD cards?
Can you check the class of the card, and whether it's UHS?
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-11-1 04:59
Have you tried it with several SD cards?
Can you check the class of the card, and whether it's UHS?

yes its UHS..though i will try with a spare card i have and post results
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

(sorry, edited)
2017-11-1
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

It's SD card problem try a faster one...
2017-11-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

And this whole story is another good example that the headers of new discussions should be chosen more carefully. From the outset the case described here could not be a "Major Spark Issue" since otherwise the forum would be flooded by similar reports. Reading through the forum as first step helps a lot in most cases.
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-1 07:21
And this whole story is another good example that the headers of new discussions should be chosen more carefully. From the outset the case descibed here could not be a "Major Spark Issue" since otherwise the forum would be flooded by similar reports. Reading through the forum as first step helps a lot in most cases.

Very true indeed.
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anuvis Posted at 2017-11-1 07:03
It's SD card problem try a faster one...

To my eyes this does not look like a SD card issue. That would cause dropped frames and/or large artifacts.
This looks more like a unstable Spark or a gimbal that does not work properly.
2017-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

And this whole story is another good example that the headers of new discussions should be chosen more carefully. From the outset the case descibed here could not be a "Major Spark Issue" since otherwise the forum would be flooded by similar reports. Reading through the forum as first step helps a lot in most cases.

O.o.t:
I already got up and ready for a salute to Major Spark.

Maxximus, how many batteries do you have?
Same with any of them?
2017-11-1
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-1 07:39
To my eyes this does not look like a SD card issue. That would cause dropped frames and/or large artifacts.
This looks more like a unstable Spark or a gimbal that does not work properly.

I will insist that maybe is a memory card issue because the jitter is not affecting the whole screen image video....It o cures in random places in the video and not in the whole video.....
2017-11-1
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

agree this looks like a memory card issue, reformat the card and try again, try a different card.
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anuvis Posted at 2017-11-1 10:30
I will insist that maybe is a memory card issue because the jitter is not affecting the whole screen image video....It o cures in random places in the video and not in the whole video.....

Hope the OP will find a solution, whatever the problem is.
2017-11-1
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

Maybe not sd card but maybe is. remeber also that uhs faster cards sometime need more power to work and also has issues. But like was said - dont make topic like this before  u are sure - after this kind of "problems" few my friends  didnt buy spark cuz "it has only cons.."
2017-11-1
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

I really doubt this is an SD card issue.

If you look frame-by-frame, there an obvious fuzziness in specific localized horizontal areas.

It really looks like a vibration that both the gimbal and/or the EIS are unable to cancel.

I suggest the following:
  • Change all the propellers and try filming again to make sure its not a propeller balance issue.
  • Activate the Spark and hold it with your hand (by grabbing the sides) and start filming while moving the aircraft slowly side to side - obviously with the motors not operating. Check if the jitter is still present. A jitter absence here would eliminate a gimbal issue and point to something with the motors or the accelerometers.

Please report.
2017-11-1
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

looks like a vibration issue, usually causes what people refer to as "jelly screen" that makes the video look all distorted.  also it doesn't look like your gimbal is calibrated level
2017-11-1
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

I agree thinking itʻs the props, there could be an imbalance on one or more, leading to oscillation - vibration.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-1 05:11
yes its UHS..though i will try with a spare card i have and post results

Please tell me the current firmware of your drone. What is the app's version? Please keep us updated, if the problem still remains.
2017-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SD card issue?
Lets check the dji records on the phone, then!
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-1 07:41
O.o.t:
I already got up and ready for a salute to Major Spark.

i have 2 batteries and it occurs on both of them
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 18:54
Please tell me the current firmware of your drone. What is the app's version? Please keep us updated, if the problem still remains.

i am on android and app version is 4.1.8 and current firmware is 1.00.0700..the problem still remains and i am yet to get the new update
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

And this whole story is another good example that the headers of new discussions should be chosen more carefully. From the outset the case described here could not be a "Major Spark Issue" since otherwise the forum would be flooded by similar reports. Reading through the forum as first step helps a lot in most cases.

really sorry..i will be careful from now on...i was panicked when i saw these jitter occurring frequently and considering i imported this one and it was working fine before for 1.5 months without any issues(i didn't drop the drone and took good care of it..ensured full battery before flying)...and now i cant even send it back for repair coz dji dont have any service center in india..though i am wiating for the app and firmware update..as soon as i get i will post results
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

TexasAerials Posted at 2017-11-1 13:01
looks like a vibration issue, usually causes what people refer to as "jelly screen" that makes the video look all distorted.  also it doesn't look like your gimbal is calibrated level

today i will redo the  IMU, compass and gimbal calibration and see if anything changes
2017-11-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-1 20:58
really sorry..i will be careful from now on...i was panicked when i saw these jitter occurring frequently and considering i imported this one and it was working fine before for 1.5 months without any issues(i didn't drop the drone and took good care of it..ensured full battery before flying)...and now i cant even send it back for repair coz dji dont have any service center in india..though i am wiating for the app and firmware update..as soon as i get i will post results

I apologise if my post was a bit too "sharp". I sincerely hope you can resolve the issue soon!
2017-11-1
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-1 21:00
today i will redo the  IMU, compass and gimbal calibration and see if anything changes

I think you should try with new props. It really looks like Jello
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-1 21:00

Thanks for your support. Please keep us updated, if the problem remains, I would recommend you export the flight data and upload to the dropbox.
2017-11-2
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-2 00:13
Thanks for your support. Please keep us updated, if the problem remains, I would recommend you export the flight data and upload to the dropbox.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

will upload the flight data by today and post
2017-11-2
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-1 23:41
I apologise if my post was a bit too "sharp". I sincerely hope you can resolve the issue soon!

no man you were absolutely right..i usually don't post on forums so little inexperienced
2017-11-2
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-11-1 12:51
I really doubt this is an SD card issue.

If you look frame-by-frame, there an obvious fuzziness in specific localized horizontal areas.

i did tried the 2nd option before to check the issue and it was not showing any jerk or vibration during handheld usage..it only occurs when i am flying...

regarding the change of propellers i have 2 spares which came with flymore combo..the one marked i placed where it was supposed to be but is there any numbering, i should follow?
2017-11-2
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-2 03:40
i did tried the 2nd option before to check the issue and it was not showing any jerk or vibration during handheld usage..it only occurs when i am flying...

regarding the change of propellers i have 2 spares which came with flymore combo..the one marked i placed where it was supposed to be but is there any numbering, i should follow?

No numbers, just marked vs non marked.
2017-11-2
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

I think i know whats causing the jerk error in spark videos or plz correct me if i am wrong ..the main culprit is the screws which holds the camera to the gimbal( chk images attached)..1 screw is not at al present and 1 screws seems to be coming off and it might come off if i fly again..i dont know what to do ..how do i fix it? i don't have service center in india to fix this issue...i hope DJI officials can help me in someway so that i can fly this baby again..i feel my investment is fading very quickly and i am doomed and depressed..i am crying right now   i dont know what to do now..my annual family travel is coming in January and i think i cant use it if it's not fixed..i mainly bought it to shoot some family videos and stuff
Can someone post pictures of the exact same place near gimbal so that i can identify the exact issue

This video shows the screw which is not present and the other screw feels that it will come off any moment

IMG_20171105_184846.jpg
2017-11-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Here is a picture of mine, the gimbal is definitely attached to the metal bar above it, and it is more secure and doesn't bounce like in your video

spark gimbal - Copy.jpg
2017-11-5
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-5 06:15
I think i know whats causing the jerk error in spark videos or plz correct me if i am wrong ..the main culprit is the screws which holds the camera to the gimbal( chk images attached)..1 screw is not at al present and 1 screws seems to be coming off and it might come off if i fly again..i dont know what to do ..how do i fix it? i don't have service center in india to fix this issue...i hope DJI officials can help me in someway so that i can fly this baby again..i feel my investment is fading very quickly and i am doomed and depressed..i am crying right now    i dont know what to do now..my annual family travel is coming in January and i think i cant use it if it's not fixed..i mainly bought it to shoot some family videos and stuff
Can someone post pictures of the exact same place near gimbal so that i can identify the exact issue

Yep.
I looked at my gimbal and I would say, there is a little screw missing at your Spark
2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

are those red props you got on, are they after market?
2017-11-5
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

Have you considered the effect of crosswind on the gimbal?
2017-11-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Maxximus Posted at 2017-11-5 06:15
I think i know whats causing the jerk error in spark videos or plz correct me if i am wrong ..the main culprit is the screws which holds the camera to the gimbal( chk images attached)..1 screw is not at al present and 1 screws seems to be coming off and it might come off if i fly again..i dont know what to do ..how do i fix it? i don't have service center in india to fix this issue...i hope DJI officials can help me in someway so that i can fly this baby again..i feel my investment is fading very quickly and i am doomed and depressed..i am crying right now    i dont know what to do now..my annual family travel is coming in January and i think i cant use it if it's not fixed..i mainly bought it to shoot some family videos and stuff

Yes, that very much looks like the cause of the problem. But why are you depressed now? Finding the cause is the first step towards repair. I am sure that DJI support will find a way to help you. Just write to them directly and mabe notify also one of the moderators here. I am very optimistic that the issue will be solved before your family holiday.
2017-11-5
Use props
Maxximus
lvl.2
India

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-5 07:55
are those red props you got on, are they after market?

yes i bought this yesterday to check whether the jerk issue is coming from original propellers or not..but turned out its the gimbal screws.. will keep those red once as backup
2017-11-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules