19438 34 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there, has anybody connected goggles yet to the Spark and if so can you still get the Phone/Tablet to be used for viewing.
or Just use the Controller as was and just view via the goggles.
Thanks for your time, bye
davawt

Updated ( 4/1/18 )

see my other post near the Bottom for FULL info and Photos....( Post #28 )

davawt

2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that if you connect your spark with goggles, your mobile won't show image.
2017-11-1
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 22:47
Please note that if you connect your spark with goggles, your mobile won't show image.

Hi Elektra
Thank you for the information,
Bye davawt
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davawt Posted at 2017-11-2 00:22
Hi Elektra
Thank you for the information,
Bye davawt

You are welcome.
2017-11-2
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Elektra,

Update, ( 6/11/17 )
Just did some testing and they work with the Spark, Inspire 1.v2, and the Phantom 4 Pro.

( Inspire ) The best yet is the Inspire 1 you can set these to view the camera functions from a second RC and of course you can zoom and take video and photos from the second RC, I am talking about using the Inspire 1 HDMI port on the second RC, full control as a camera controller with the Goggles for your view and usual setup on controller first controller for pilot with iPad. ( No spotter Needed )
( Spark ) Very good view from the Goggles and you can still have the IPhone/iPad for the pilot to control the Sparky, set the iPad up as WiFi to the controller is does that by its self, then using a Apple adapter Lightning to HDMI you can view just as the pilot sees.( No Spotter Needed ) The Goggles can be used to control the Spark if you just use the OTG and the Goggles and RC ( Spotter Needed )
( Phantom 4 Pro ) I am sorry but really had no time to try this properly yet as the weather and other things have got in the way, But it does work, but for us in the UK (EU) we only have a USB port so really only used as a Pilot item, ( Spotter Needed )
I am still trying this out with the Goggles and iPad connected via the Apple Adapter to get HDMI Goggles ( Viewing ) and the iPad for the Pilot to see as usual, I will get back to you when I have a chance to give that a good try.
Well worth the money and the time testing, they are great.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davawt Posted at 2017-11-7 08:17
Hi Elektra,

Update, ( 6/11/17 )

Thanks for your positive feedback. Hope you have more fun with spark.
2017-11-8
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-8 23:14
Thanks for your positive feedback. Hope you have more fun with spark.

HI Electra,

The positive feedback from Above is not using the iPad as per DJI recommendations.

Here is the reality. That I would really like fixed please.

DJI Sell the OTG adapter for the DJI Goggles to allow the connection to the Spark.

Unfortunately in using the OTG cable for the Goggles the Spark is limited to 30m Height. It behaves like it is not connected to the remote and is being operated by hand gestures.

This is a PITA for flying FPV.

If you set up your Smart device to connect via Wifi and then connect the OTG cable the Wifi connection drops out as the Wifi is no longer being broadcast.

I will start another thread with a request to fix this and other Spark Bugs.

p.s. All FW is up to date.

Cheers Brian

2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 2017-11-9 00:27
HI Electra,

The positive feedback from Above is not using the iPad as per DJI recommendations.

Before connecting goggles, please ensure that you log in the DJI account through app. Then do not turn off your spark and connect it with your goggles.
2017-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-9 02:02
Before connecting goggles, please ensure that you log in the DJI account through app. Then do not turn off your spark and connect it with your goggles.

I did this. But will try again as per your suggestion. (its nighttime here so cant test till tomorrow)

I tested by connecting the Spark and RC with my iPhone 6S plus Wifi Connected.

Checked the max alt in the app was 120M

Then Disabled Wifi and BT on the 6S Plus. and connected via the OTG cable.

Checked the max alt and it was set to 50M. Changed to 120 but it just reverts back.

Disconnected the OTG cable from the 6S Plus and connected the goggles via OTG.

There is no way to check the max alt in the goggles menu that I am aware of, so I flew the Spark directly up. It stopped at 30M with a Max alt reached warning.

I will try as you suggest in the morning and advise.

I will use one of my CrystalSky screens to connect to the spark and then swap the OTG cable over.

For a future update can you ask your engineers if it is possible to implement a screen shot to the SD card on the goggles function?

It would make reporting issues with the goggles much easier. Same for the Crystal Sky.

There are 3rd party apps that allow you to do this on IOS and Android.

Cheers Brian

2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 2017-11-9 02:20
I did this. But will try again as per your suggestion. (its nighttime here so cant test till tomorrow)

I tested by connecting the Spark and RC with my iPhone 6S plus Wifi Connected.

Thanks for your suggestion and I'm looking forward to your feedback. Hope the problem will be solved. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-9 02:58
Thanks for your suggestion and I'm looking forward to your feedback. Hope the problem will be solved. Thanks for your support.

Here is the results.

You can get it to work by following Elektra's instruction. Here are the steps I performed.

Start RC controller with nothing Connected. Start Spark, Start CrystalSky.

Once the green light is on the Spark RC controller. Connect the CrystalSky via the OTG cable.

Once connected check the altitude distance in in the application.

Start you Goggles and wait for the them to display main screen.

Remove OTG cable from CrystalSky and connect Goggles via OTG.

You can then fly to the Spark to the settings performed in the CrystalSky.

I few 3 batteries and checked three time.

You have to go through the full procedure every time.

If you swap a battery on the Spark and leave all else switched on it reenables the limits again.

So it works but I think you need to make it a lot simpler. And not have to go through the cold power down and restart of everything for every battery change.

I had a ball flying FPV up and down the street in Sports mode.

The Spark with the DJI goggles is just fantastic with this process working. I highly recommend you give it a try.

Cheers Brian

p.s. Elektra I assume that flying with the googles does not update your flight records and flight distances. Something else that needs to be fixed.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 2017-11-10 13:25
Here is the results.

You can get it to work by following Elektra's instruction. Here are the steps I performed.

Glad you solve it. Thanks for the feedback. The flight records will be saved in goggles and you can use DJI assistant 2 to export the data. But it can not reflected in your app. Your demand will be forwarded to our engineers and hope this feature can be added in the future.
2017-11-10
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

感谢提出的建议,目前googles飞行记录暂时还不能和DJI GO联系起来,我们可以排入后续优化计划。
后面可以
2017-11-21
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neonadler@hotma Posted at 2017-11-21 05:00
感谢提出的建议,目前googles飞行记录暂时还不能和DJI GO联系起来,我们可以排入后续优化计划。
后面可以

Sorry, I don't have any idea what you are saying, I only read / write english.
bye
davawt
Update:----
If you copy the whole text from the post into google, then Translate the page you will see the answer to the problem.
Thanks you, neonadler.

2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davawt Posted at 2017-11-21 09:45
Sorry, I don't have any idea what you are saying, I only read / write english.
bye
davawt

Goggles dose not support saving flight record now. But our engineers will consider this idea and optimize it in the future. Thanks for your attention.
2017-11-22
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can use my tablet and view in goggles with my my mavic platinum but I can't do that with my Spark. I wish I could.
2017-11-22
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2017-11-22 17:52
I can use my tablet and view in goggles with my my mavic platinum but I can't do that with my Spark. I wish I could.

Hi there,
Don't use the Cable to connect the Tablet to the Controller let it use Wifi, ( This happens auto )  that way you can connect the Goggles to the controller via a OTG cable and the Goggles USB cable, works perfect for me. You still have control via the tablet and controller and a mate can use the goggles to see the same view, you need to set the HD area in the menu of the Go 4 app to get HDMI output to the Goggles. and maybe set the HDMI settings on the Goggles.
bye
davawt
2017-11-23
Use props
bobmason
New
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-11-7 08:17
Hi Elektra,

Update, ( 6/11/17 )

No 1080p Livewiew with Spark and Goggles. Goggles can't display those wonderful 1080p Liveview HD images with a Spark. Only Smooth mode (720p). According to DJI Support, the engineers are supposedly working on an update. I've returned mine
2017-12-15
Use props
bobmason
New
United States

Spark doesn't support Liveview HD (1080p) so you can't get those high resolution views the Goggles are famous for. DJI support says they are working on an update.
2017-12-15
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bobmason Posted at 2017-12-15 09:19
Spark doesn't support Liveview HD (1080p) so you can't get those high resolution views the Goggles are famous for. DJI support says they are working on an update.

Sorry about the delay, Bob
Very good info, thanks for that, thats what I like about this Forum everyone helps if they can, bye
davawt
2017-12-22
Use props
JonnyT
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I’ve just received my DJI Goggles today that I intend on using with my Spark.

I’ve ordered the DJI OTG cable so that I can connect my Goggles to the Micro USB on the RC, however I’m trying to work out if it’s also possible to use or view images on my iPad Mini 4 while using the Goggles so another person can see the footage? I understand that when OTG is used you can’t connect wirelessly to the iPad?

If this is possible, please can someone advise me of what I need to do / connections I need to follow and if I need any additional cables?

Thanks
2017-12-29
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JonnyT Posted at 2017-12-29 11:28
Hi,

I’ve just received my DJI Goggles today that I intend on using with my Spark.

Hi jonnyT,  Sorry I have tried different connections and have found No Way to use both the Goggles and another display.
Sorry for late reply been very busy, bye
davawt
Updated 4/1/18
See my updated info and instructions down this list of posts

2017-12-30
Use props
JonnyT
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That’s a shame!

Thanks anyway davawt.
2018-1-1
Use props
midwest Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21841 ft
United States

Hello, I have been trying for two weeks to connect my new spark and goggles. I ordered the OTG cable with the drone and goggles. I have watched dozens of videos of people showing how to connect by just plugging the goggles into the controller and there is the video. I can fly fine and see video with my phone or controller/phone. I have not seen any live video in the goggles, just the menus with disconnected error in the upper left. All the videos I found are around 6 months ago. I cannot find any that confirm that the spark still works with the goggles since the required mid December firmware update. Has anyone connected goggles to the spark with all firmware current? Does anyone know what might be wrong?  thanks for your comments.
2018-1-1
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

midwest Mike Posted at 2018-1-1 19:36
Hello, I have been trying for two weeks to connect my new spark and goggles. I ordered the OTG cable with the drone and goggles. I have watched dozens of videos of people showing how to connect by just plugging the goggles into the controller and there is the video. I can fly fine and see video with my phone or controller/phone. I have not seen any live video in the goggles, just the menus with disconnected error in the upper left. All the videos I found are around 6 months ago. I cannot find any that confirm that the spark still works with the goggles since the required mid December firmware update. Has anyone connected goggles to the spark with all firmware current? Does anyone know what might be wrong?  thanks for your comments.

Hi Midwest Mike,
Don't connect goggles just turn them on - next goto goggles menu and reset in tools menu area,
then read and follow the info below, I am still testing this but have it work at this setup.
Give it a try, I think the reset on the Goggles and the Live View are important, do both these before connecting and starting the RC and Drone.

(30/12/17)  ( Spark ) Very good view from the Goggles, but you cannot still have the Phone/Tablet or any display with the DJI Goggles for the pilot to control the Spark, ( Spotter Needed ) The Goggles are used as the display for the Spark if you just use the OTG and the Goggles and RC to control Spark ( Set Goggles to Live View in the Goggles Menu )
Still testing this (30/1/17)
2018-1-2
Use props
midwest Mike
lvl.2
United States

davawt Posted at 2018-1-2 14:59
Hi Midwest Mike,
Don't connect goggles just turn them on - next goto goggles menu and reset in tools menu area,
then read and follow the info below, I am still testing this but have it work at this setup.

Thank you for your reply. I tried to get it working until the battery died. I reset the goggles, went into the live view. I had to answer yes to connected to aircraft. Spark and controller were still off at this point. I started the spark and connected to the controller. Still no video but one time it did say weak GPS when I unplugged the OTG cable and reconnected it. I will try again with a fresh charge. I think I understand the main idea, but it is not totally clear to me the steps to follow.  MM
2018-1-2
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davawt Posted at 2018-1-4 05:34
Hi MidWest Mike,
The following is the only way I can find to connect the Goggles and The Spark. This way you will have HDMI on the Goggles and still have your view on the iPhone \ iPad as Usual.
I think the last updated FirmWare has altered or Stopped OTG connection. So Now you will need a Apple ( Lightening to HDMI cable ) a bit costly I think but all works and Tested Today Friday ( 04/01/18 )

Hi MidWest Mike,
The following is the only way I can find to connect the Goggles and The Spark. This way you will have HDMI on the Goggles and still have your view on the iPhone \ iPad as Usual.
I think the last updated FirmWare has altered or Stopped OTG connection. So Now you will need a Apple ( Lightening to HDMI cable ) a bit costly I think but all works and Tested Today Friday ( 04/01/18 )

( All Photos now uploaded (see below )
(1) iPad uses Wifi to connect, Goggles use HDMI Cable from the Goggles box.

(2) Connect the NEW Apple HDMI to Lightening Adapter Cable to iPad and Fit iPad to the Controller.
(3) Turn on Spark Remote Control and iPad.
(4) Turn on Spark Aircraft
(5) Goto WiFi on ipad in (Settings) and select your Spark from the list, this may ask for a password, which is on the bottom of the controller.
(5A) Start DJI GO 4 app
(6) Connect the Goggles to the HDMI cable adapter, you should now have a Display in the Goggles and on the iPad.

All Working ? it should be, I have had it all working several times, Good Luck Mike and all the Best for the New Year.....
bye
davawt

Firmware List

Firmware List

Lightening Connector

Lightening Connector

Lightening to HDMI Cable

Lightening to HDMI Cable

Apple Cable Outputs

Apple Cable Outputs

WiFi on iPad

WiFi on iPad

iPad Display

iPad Display

Goggles Display

Goggles Display
2018-1-5
Use props
midwest Mike
lvl.2
United States

davawt Posted at 2018-1-5 04:00
Hi MidWest Mike,
The following is the only way I can find to connect the Goggles and The Spark. This way you will have HDMI on the Goggles and still have your view on the iPhone \ iPad as Usual.

Hello Davawt, thank you for the very clear instructions and pictures. Since you proved the goggles still can work with the new firmware I am sure I can get video once I get some new cables. I will proceed down that path and thanks again. mike
It does sound like video will be connecting to the spark via apple/wifi and limited to that range. That means I will be staying within sight range and won't be doing distance testing where I would probable just loose it anyway. That is a good thing.
2018-1-7
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 22:47

Hi Electra,
Thanks to the New Firmware and a Apple HDMI to Lightening adapter you can now have Both the Goggles and the iPad/iPhone view at the same time.
Please see Post #28 for full details and photos to follow, works perfectly, I have tried this out several times and everything works fine. DJI Spark & DJI Goggles are GO....
bye
davawt
2018-1-8
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

midwest Mike Posted at 2018-1-1 19:36

Hopefully by now you have a solution.  Just got my OTG cable from DJI yesterday, so trying to configure the Goggles with my Spark today.  The only way I can seem to make them work together is to first start up the Spark/controller and log on with my iPhone connected to the controller via a lightning-to-micro USB cable, signing on to the GO4 app, then disconnecting the iPhone and plugging in my Goggles.  If that is truly the right way to use Goggles with Spark, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.  Hopefully you have a better way to connect Goggles with the Spark.  Also, my live view is sluggish and stuttery, to the point where I really can't use the Goggles to navigate.  Any suggestions?
2018-1-20
Use props
midwest Mike
lvl.2
United States

Maxheadspace Posted at 2018-1-20 15:15
Hopefully by now you have a solution.  Just got my OTG cable from DJI yesterday, so trying to configure the Goggles with my Spark today.  The only way I can seem to make them work together is to first start up the Spark/controller and log on with my iPhone connected to the controller via a lightning-to-micro USB cable, signing on to the GO4 app, then disconnecting the iPhone and plugging in my Goggles.  If that is truly the right way to use Goggles with Spark, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.  Hopefully you have a better way to connect Goggles with the Spark.  Also, my live view is sluggish and stuttery, to the point where I really can't use the Goggles to navigate.  Any suggestions?

I agree with your statement " stupidest thing I've heard of" but that is exactly what I have been doing for my last dozen or so flights. It takes me a couple minutes of precious Spark battery time to go through the routine. I am using my Samsung phone with the DJI GO4 app to unlock flight restrictions.  The good thing for me is it works great. Video is clear, very little lag. Although not advised, I can run the entire flight with only the goggles and gimbal head control. I do have an issue of not having sport mode with the goggles connected. Max speed is about 5-6 m/s.
2018-2-18
Use props
Kidologist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4415722 ft
  • >>>

midwest Mike Posted at 2018-2-18 18:27
I agree with your statement " stupidest thing I've heard of" but that is exactly what I have been doing for my last dozen or so flights. It takes me a couple minutes of precious Spark battery time to go through the routine. I am using my Samsung phone with the DJI GO4 app to unlock flight restrictions.  The good thing for me is it works great. Video is clear, very little lag. Although not advised, I can run the entire flight with only the goggles and gimbal head control. I do have an issue of not having sport mode with the goggles connected. Max speed is about 5-6 m/s.

This is all so fascinating, I realize this thread is a bit old, but my DJI Googles arrived today, I set them up, connected my Spark and went out and flew immediately - no issue. I found this thread because as silly as it is, I was disappointed that I don't get my experience points (Growth of Value) in the DJI GO 4 App as I'm in some competition with some friends to hit 1,000,000 and I'm just over half way there. So I was hoping to see how to use BOTH the iphone/ipad AND the googles. Hoping the lightening/HDMI Apple adapter pictured above is the solution!

Enjoyed watching a movie tonight in my Googles, too cool!
2018-4-16
Use props
Kidologist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4415722 ft
  • >>>

This is a helpful, but confusing thread. I almost wish I hadn’t bought the Goggles until I get a Mavic, with Spark it is a PAIN, but here is what I have learned since my last post above.

There are TWO methods you can use. Each has pros and cons, and both should be fixed by DJI.

Option 1: Fly with Goggles connectedvia OTC directly to RC. DOWNSIDES: No Plan B if something goes wrong, you have to dirch goggles and fly back manually with eyes] sight, if you dont see drone, ops, and no map placement to find it. Plus, no log or experience points in app for those who enjoy that, since the dji app isn”t used.

But!!! For it to work, you must FIRST connect with app, be logged in and take off. THEN switch to Goggles. (This is described above), otherwise your range will be limited as you are considered an unidentified operator. Its a pain and you waste some battery life.

Option 2: Fly HDMI. This enables ypu to get log and points, have mobile device as backup, you can flip up the goggles and switch to mobile devoce control, which you likey re more comfortable with. If anything goes wrong, you”ll have your map and return to home as usual. Downside is that the display tends to flicker a bit as there are dual displays, and the goggles mirror your mobile devoce, so its not as large or as immersive.

Both work - with option 1 the experience is better visually but more stressful. Option 2 is a little clunky visually, but I‘ve found it better overall, and likely safer too. Keep in mind you cant use the OTC with your device because you need the mobile port for the goggles for HDMI, and splitters have not worked in my testing.

Hope this helps. With both methods, you cant
2018-7-18
Use props
Aylok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19436 ft
Australia

Hi,
I found these goggles are very disappointing. The small wedge screwed to the top to cover my forehead broke off as the screw was fixed through very thin plastic that was even thinner where it broke (the washer shaped plastic rim around the small screw). It does not fix to my head well at all and moves around causing great flying risks. The head tracking is far too latent and over shoots, and the video is of poor quality and it pixilates and jumps when flying. The light shroud actually blocks the view of the very corners of the screen which is disappointingly small and not an immersive experience at all with no peripheral views, and light enters from the sides of the shroud ruining the visuals. There is also reflection within the screen from the video. The whole experience is similar to Cardboard VR using a phone screen close to your face, very disappointing. The menu and touch-pad is also difficult to use while in flight. I have bought several accessories for them which I will now have no use for, as I am going to return these goggles for a refund. This product is very overrated in the DJI adds. Not sure what everyone is going on about it being an immersive experience, more like looking at your phone screen very closely in cardboard goggles except they are more like having an over sized welding helmet on your head. Love my other DJI products but found these to be a big let down. Anyone on here disagree ? : )
2019-1-2
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aylok Posted at 1-2 19:35
Hi,
I found these goggles are very disappointing. The small wedge screwed to the top to cover my forehead broke off as the screw was fixed through very thin plastic that was even thinner where it broke (the washer shaped plastic rim around the small screw). It does not fix to my head well at all and moves around causing great flying risks. The head tracking is far too latent and over shoots, and the video is of poor quality and it pixilates and jumps when flying. The light shroud actually blocks the view of the very corners of the screen which is disappointingly small and not an immersive experience at all with no peripheral views, and light enters from the sides of the shroud ruining the visuals. There is also reflection within the screen from the video. The whole experience is similar to Cardboard VR using a phone screen close to your face, very disappointing. The menu and touch-pad is also difficult to use while in flight. I have bought several accessories for them which I will now have no use for, as I am going to return these goggles for a refund. This product is very overrated in the DJI adds. Not sure what everyone is going on about it being an immersive experience, more like looking at your phone screen very closely in cardboard goggles except they are more like having an over sized welding helmet on your head. Love my other DJI products but found these to be a big let down. Anyone on here disagree ? : )

Hi Aylok,
I have moved on during this year, I only have DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Now. I can't really say what they where like but I did have them for a while so must have enjoyed using them.
All the very Best for the coming year Aylok, and Safe and Happy Flying, bye
davawt
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules