Should I get the Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 2?
3972 27 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I've been looking at adding a new drone to my collection recently but I'm struggling to decide whether to go for the Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 2.

Primarily would be used for pictures and video.

I've found these post that are pretty useful:

https://store.dji.com/guides/phantom-4-pro-vs-inspire-2/

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2017/11/01/dji-phantom-4-pro-versus-dji-inspire-2/

Leaning towards the Phantom for the price but would be good to know what people think after using both in the real-world.

Cheers,

Mike.
Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

26.32% (5)
68.42% (13)
5.26% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-11-1
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Love the phantom 4! I have both the Inspire 2 and the P4, the P4 is more portable than the inspire which means its great for taking with you!
2017-11-1
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I got the P4Pro just because it was that little bit more portable.

I know a few guys with the Inspire 2 and X5S though - and some of the footage they get is to die for.

If you're shooting professionally I'd say invest in the I2 without a shadow of a doubt.

But for lower level freelance jobs and hobbyist stuff the Phantom 4 Pro is great!
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The only real draw back to the Inspire series is size, & perhaps price for some.

If you have a transportation method for the bigger craft, and can afford to pick one up, I would say go for it.

But for the higher price, you could buy two Phantom 4, and have money left over for sd cards and other peripherals.

From a professional standpoint, the Inspire is still boss...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Professional Inspire 2
Enthusiast. P4Pro

2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-1 10:47
Professional Inspire 2
Enthusiast. P4Pro

A professional photographer could certainly utilize the Phantom 4 Pro.
But to a lesser degree than the bigger model.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I envy all you guys. I am still stuck with my P3A, but hope to upgrade at some point. Doubt that I will be able to go for the Inspire, but it would sure be a treat!
Hoping to win a lottery or something. LOL
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well, I already fear the P4P might be too big for me.
Even though I would love even a bigger sensor and better glass.
So yes, I would opt for the P4P, unless I would be making a living flying these things.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-1 11:57
Well, I already fear the P4P might be too big for me.
Even though I would love even a bigger sensor and better glass.
So yes, I would opt for the P4P, unless I would be making a living flying these things.

You need to correct the top line above, and replace the P4 with Inspire 2. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 12:03
You need to correct the top line above, and replace the P4 with Inspire 2. ;-)

Hahahahahaha.
No, that was exactly what I was trying to say!
Phantom size might be too big  for me.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-11-1 11:55
I envy all you guys. I am still stuck with my P3A, but hope to upgrade at some point. Doubt that I will be able to go for the Inspire, but it would sure be a treat!

The Phantom 3 Advanced is a very worthy drone. It has nothing to be shy or to feel negative about.
It does have plenty of ability and its video quality is actually quite awesome.

There will constantly be a new model, with exciting and inviting features.
But that doesn't take anything away, from your Phantom 3 Advanced...
Feel proud of what you have, & not worrying about what we don't have. Ah at least not yet!! haha

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-1 12:10
Hahahahahaha.
No, that was exactly what I was trying to say!
Phantom size might be too big  for me.

I stand corrected. Just not in a quiet corner... Haha

Eh, that's cool, if it's what you meant, so be it. Chuckles
Perhaps a "Tiny Whoop" would suffice. Wicked grin

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 12:15
I stand corrected. Just not in a quiet corner... Haha

Grinny as always
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ok, Halloween is done.  ;-)

Please remove the happy face. Hahaha
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4P .

Inspire is huge in my opinion and not so portable.
2017-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You haven't said what camera you intend hanging from the Inspire and that matters a lot.
If you went with the X4S, it's a great camera.
But it's identical to the camera on the P4 pro so you'd gain no photographic advantage for the extra expense and non-portability.
If you went with the X5S, you get a bigger sensor and lens choices but you still have the heavy and cumbersome Inspire + a lot more expense and lower flight times.
The simple question is:  Does the possible photographic improvement mean enough to you to justify the much higher cost and loss of convenience.
For a few users the answer will be yes.
But for most it would be no.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-1 15:11
You haven't said what camera you intend hanging from the Inspire and that matters a lot.
If you went with the X4S, it's a great camera.
But it's identical to the camera on the P4 pro so you'd gain no photographic advantage for the extra expense and non-portability.

That's the truth...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
TerryBrooks
New

China

There is no doubt that the DJI Phantom 4 Professional is one of the best of the company's products. It is really very cool and just as its name indicates, it is professional in many aspects.: 20-Megapixel CMOS Sensor, Five-Direction of Obstacle Sensing, Remote Controller & HD Video Transmission System and so on.

2017-11-1
Use props
jp90
New
Flight distance : 553510 ft
United Kingdom

Without doubt get the P4P unless you plan to do high end work or aerial filmmaking full time.

We shoot a lot of luxury resorts (normal filming as well as aerials) around the world and we've decided to "downgrade" from an Inspire 2 to a P4PO after playing around with a photographers P4P.

Being able to carry the P4P to many more places and set up far quicker means you can get a lot more shots with the P4P, Inspire 2 takes between 15 and 20 minutes to be ready to fly while the P4P is under 5.

On the last shoot we trekked through jungles getting some incredible shots on the photographers P4P meanwhile our Inspire 2 sat back in the hotel room!

Without doubt the P4P is more than good enough for most work unless the budget is very high in which you'd probably have a dedicated pilot and crew for aerials anyway. Many of the images we shot will appear in brochures and the client seemed more than happy considering the high standards they have.
2017-11-2
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-11-1 11:55

So envy.. But do remember that there are even a lot more who cant even afford a p3s..a p3a is really a great tool to get decent images n vids...but def a goal is better den none...1 day a company which appreciate your work m pay for it,u will have enoigh fund for a p4p or a + ...be happy bro..cheers
2017-11-2
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I'm leaning towards the Phantom now mainly for the transport and the price. I'll see how I get on before going all out with an Inspire 2.

I've heard people talking about the Phantom 5 quite a lot recently and seen a hand-drawn concept. Any ideas of expected release or just rumours?

Not sure whether to just wait for the release.
2017-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A hand drawn concept?

By who, Frank Wang, DJI owner... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-11-3 01:08

I'm leaning towards the Phantom now mainly for the transport and the price. I'll see how I get on before going all out with an Inspire 2.

Glad to know you have made the right decision. We will release on our website as soon as more new models are ready.
2017-11-3
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-3 01:24
A hand drawn concept?

By who, Frank Wang, DJI owner... ;-)

Haha!

I'd link to it but I know the mods might not be too happy!

It was on one of the big drone news websites so shouldn't be too hard to find.
2017-11-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Siambuddhas Gro Posted at 2017-11-2 23:32
So envy.. But do remember that there are even a lot more who cant even afford a p3s..a p3a is really a great tool to get decent images n vids...but def a goal is better den none...1 day a company which appreciate your work m pay for it,u will have enoigh fund for a p4p or a + ...be happy bro..cheers

Yes, I am fortunate to have my P3A. I shouldn't have sounded like I am unhappy, because I am not.
I am having the time of my life with this aircraft. It is always nice to dream about having the latest and greatest, that is human nature I think. No regrets here at all for me.

I honestly thought about buying a P4, but my P3A actually does everything I need, and I am comfortable with it. I think I will wait until whatever the next big thing is on this platform, but can't imagine what they could come up with. Like you said, the P3A takes some amazing video and I don't know if the 4K is really worth the price at this point. I'm sure the 20mp camera is awesome though. As far as the obstacle avoidance, I wonder if that somewhat takes some of responsibility away from the pilot. I mean just going out there flying around and not worrying that you can run into something is nice I guess, but I can see where some will not pay attention and get themselves into trouble just because they think the aircraft will avoid all troubles. Not saying that someone will actually be like that, but you know what I mean I hope.
Anyway thanks for you comments, and I will continue having fun with my P3A.
2017-11-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-11-3 01:08

I've seen lots of people asking about a Phantom 5 but no-one that had anything factual to offer.
.There have been a few complete hoaxes too.  If the one you've seen is called a P5X ... it's not at all true.

I haven't seen your hand-drawn concept but I would tend to distrust it as everything else has been fiction so far.
You haven't given enough of a clue to be able to find it but others have posted links to some of the hoaxes in the past without any problem.
So how about a link?
2017-11-3
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

All depends on the type of work that you do. the P4P is great light and easy to travel with. the Inspire 2 is fast, great Quilty of images and video, you can now add on the ZENMUSE X7.
2017-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-11-3 02:15
Haha!

I'd link to it but I know the mods might not be too happy!

Oh come in... Be a big boy, & take your medicine. Ha
You can PM me if that feels safer for you.

Put a condom on it...  Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules