Photography & Video must haves
808 9 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Looking for some help from the photo/video gurus.  I'm headed to Exuma next week and plan on shooting as much video and pics as I can.  I'll be taking my Mavic, 2 batteries, my and my iPhone X pending everything with that goes as planned.  My question is I've been thinking about filters for the Mavic, a gimbal for my phone for stable shots and video, and also a third battery for the Mavic.  I've spent too much money lately so what do you think will give me the best bang for my money.  I feel like 40min of flight time per day is probably okay but let me know your thoughts on how I could acquire the best results!

Thanks!

2017-11-1
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

3 batteries minimum
Good filters is a must .....   Bought these off Amazon ...... https://sophiacastleton.blogspot ... it-set-for-dji.html
Extended legs could be an advantage if you are unaware of what the ground landing areas is like. ....... I got the Hensych ones for around £12.99 on amazon, great addition and the drone can be packed away in the MP flymore carry pack with them on.
2017-11-1
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I agree wit Bigga J about the number of batteries and filters. Those are "must have".
2017-11-1
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya batteries and filters for sure.
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

'as much video and pics as I can '...
Maybe change that goal to: The best video and pictures I can.

Back to your question:
I've just purchased a Osmo Mobile for ground shooting. Not sure if it will fit the iPhone X, but it gives great stable shots from the ground and (if you buy the DJI Case) is easy to carry around.
Of course much depends on your planning. Are you travelling a lot and how? (foot, car etc.)

2017-11-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Agree with the batteries and filters.  Don't get the leg extensions.  I have them and never use them.  They don't give you enough clearance to make a difference.  Instead, I also have and often use the landing pad.  About the same money, but much more useful.   I got mine at Amazon.  Name is:
SKYREAT Foldable Flag Style Drone Landing Pad Parking Apron for DJI Mavic Pro Phantom 3 4 Inspire 1 2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 8_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-11-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Extra MicroSD cards
Take your old iPhone as a backup in case the X acts up.
I'd download Hangar 360 for navigable panorama shots -- it's free and works well.
A lens cleaning kit -- you'll mostly use the brush for dust but flying near the ocean can result in saltwater spray.
Insurance in case your Mavic goes in the drink.
Backup Lightning cable

Have fun!
2017-11-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-1 12:12
Agree with the batteries and filters.  Don't get the leg extensions.  I have them and never use them.  They don't give you enough clearance to make a difference.  Instead, I also have and often use the landing pad.  About the same money, but much more useful.   I got mine at Amazon.  Name is:
SKYREAT Foldable Flag Style Drone Landing Pad Parking Apron for DJI Mavic Pro Phantom 3 4 Inspire 1 2

Agreed I also purchased extension and never used landing pad a must. 3 or 4 batteries and a multi charger.
2017-11-1
Use props
fans1597f4b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113215 ft
United States

ND filters for sure. I use PolarPro, Regular ND and polarizing. Wouldn't fly without them. (Maybe not at night
2017-11-1
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Handy is mobilelite wireless g3 kingston + mobile drive. So you can backup you dronefootage ( if you for example are out in the field on holiday) after each flight. As if it crashes , you night lose all your footage , then at least you got the latest on file. Thats what i am doing. Its also small , so you do not have to carry your laptob with you.
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules