Mavic Gimbal Shake
2846 15 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maximeeso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657398 ft
United States

So my first Mavic Pro I could basically never fly in sport mode without it shaking, didn't matter if it was a calm day, windy day, if I was 50 feet up, or 350 feet up.

My second Mavic Pro I returned because I couldn't burn a single battery without the gimbal reset problem.

So now my onto third Mavic Pro I have put probably about 30 hours on. I used to be able to fly full speed sport mode without ever seeing any type of jello. Now, 30 hours in and it seems like once I get up to about 28-30 mph (sometimes slower) I'm getting hit with some fierce jello'ing for 1-3 seconds. I find that I'm constantly having to go slower and slower in sport to find that "sweet spot" where it doesn't occur as often.. Of course at higher altitudes I find that I have to go slower because there's greater winds aloft.

I guess what it boils down to is me not being sure if it's occurring more because of the time of the year (It's cooler, there has naturally been far more winds in the past few weeks than it was in the middle of the summer back when I returned my jello monster I had first).. I guess I just want to know if it's a "nature of the beast" type problem. If I hear from you guys that if you push it fairly hard in sport mode especially heading into the wind/while ascending you experience jello as well, I'll just count this as a nature of the beast problem and not push it as hard.

Thanks for reading.. Are there any Mavic owners out there that can push their Mavic as hard as they want in sport mode even with decent winds outside and never experience jello? Does anyone have any insight as to what part or parts lead to the jello'ing issue?

2017-11-1
Use props
maximeeso
lvl.2
United States

PS: I have checked the vibration plate and it is in the correct spot behind the L brackets and the rubberbands are also all intact and in the correct position. I have calibrated the gimbal and compass multiple times as well.
2017-11-1
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

maximeeso Posted at 2017-11-1 08:08
PS: I have checked the vibration plate and it is in the correct spot behind the L brackets and the rubberbands are also all intact and in the correct position. I have calibrated the gimbal and compass multiple times as well.

I just posted this in another thread as well, but I had something similar on my first Mavic.

It went straight back to the place I bought it from and my new one has been faultless.  I've had my new come up with high wind alerts and been in the air when it probably shouldn't have been and the gimbal was steady as a rock.  Same with sport mode too.  Looks like you've ended up with another lemon.
2017-11-1
Use props
maximeeso
lvl.2
United States

JelloMaster Posted at 2017-11-1 08:39
I just posted this in another thread as well, but I had something similar on my first Mavic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7piHCoTQhpk

Three lemons in a row. That's just absolutely excellent.

Sometimes I'm tempted just to sell this thing on eBay and hope that the Mavic 2 is a little more reliable.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you removed the gimbal clamp? How about flying it in normal mode? Is the footage from the SD card? If it happens when you are in normal mode when there is no wind, you may need to send it back, we will help to take care of it.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JelloMaster Posted at 2017-11-1 08:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7piHCoTQhpk

Good to hear things get resorted. Enjoy your flight.
2017-11-1
Use props
fans30192f1e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353120 ft
Ireland

I have the same problem since my first flight. I now have 8 hours flight time on my drone and the problem is as bad as ever and I am considering returning it to DJI for repair. Please advise on the best course of action for me to take, return to retailer for replacement or return to DJI for replacement or repair?

Please see the link below showing the extent of my problem, you can see how the gimbal frequently resets mid flight.
2018-1-10
Use props
laelae
New
United States

I received my Mavic a little over a week ago and after the 3rd day of use the same thing accured. iat anything over 30mph i get a constant shaking of the camera about every other second. it stops if i slow down to about 25mph. it did not do this  the first couple of flights as i tested top speed and became familiar with the drone. flights with shaking camera were in no wind conditions. i have caliberated gimbal and camera 2 times now. not sure what else to do.
2018-1-13
Use props
aerogmp85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1313625 ft
Russia

I have the same problem. Help, please, I do not know what to do. Constant jelly on the video. The video is shot in normal mode. Sports mode does not include. It does not depend on the weather, the force of the wind does not influence either. Quadrocopter on warranty. How correctly to arrive?
2018-1-14
Use props
aerogmp85
lvl.4
Russia

Up, please
2018-1-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think DJI Thor thinks the OP fixed this issue based on his reply to a different post, might be wrong tho.
2018-1-15
Use props
aerogmp85
lvl.4
Russia

The problem is not fixed at this time
2018-1-15
Use props
aerogmp85
lvl.4
Russia

Has anyone been able to solve the problem? Or just resigned?
2018-1-17
Use props
aerogmp85
lvl.4
Russia

This is very sad
2018-1-22
Use props
fansef1d16b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19780 ft

United States

My drone video shook like crazy last week during a flight with high winds. It was similar to this but a little worse.
2018-2-15
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

Are you running the low-noise propellers? Those also cause gimbal issues.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules