Is covered flight distance wrong ?
1779 13 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

I just noticed that in some flights where I'm NOT been moving around (i.e. takoff and landing at same place) the reported covered flight distance is smaller than twice the maximum range that I'm reaching (according to the app). Obviously, this is not possible, either the displayed distance to aircraft is wrong, or the total covered distance is...

e.g. I have a flight were I'm going 1400 m away at some time, and the total flight distance is 2500 m. Of course, I'm talking of a flight where the drone came back to start point, so covered distance could not be less than 2800 m. It's not an isolated flight, I have other examples.

Do you see this behaviour too ?

2017-11-1
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have never paid particular attention to this and simply took the given data as correct. But since you raise the question, I shall monitor during coming flights and report back. Hopefully many others will do so too.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

What is the model of your device? If you use Android phone, please sync your flight record and check the distance again. As the flight distance of Android version of app is based on the total flight time of flight records in the cloud.
2017-11-1
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 20:08
What is the model of your device? If you use Android phone, please sync your flight record and check the distance again. As the flight distance of Android version of app is based on the total flight time of flight records in the cloud.

I'm not talking about the total distance of all flights, I'm talking about the distance of a single flight vs. the max distance to RC reached within the same flight.
You should have guess otherwise my explaintations (2 x max range must be equal or lower to covered distance)  did not make any sense...
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-1 22:25
I'm not talking about the total distance of all flights, I'm talking about the distance of a single flight vs. the max distance to RC reached within the same flight.
You should have guess otherwise my explaintations (2 x max range must be equal or lower to covered distance)  did not make any sense...

I see. How about the connection between RC and drone during the flight? Please tell me the version of your app and the mobile you used.
2017-11-1
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I will try to monitor that too as Wachtberger said, I hope others will do the same, I might check on previous flight records to see if there is something wrong there.
2017-11-2
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-11-2 02:47
I will try to monitor that too as Wachtberger said, I hope others will do the same, I might check on previous flight records to see if there is something wrong there.

I see it mainly on very straight flight (flights where I do some range test after firmware updates usually)
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-2 03:02
I see it mainly on very straight flight (flights where I do some range test after firmware updates usually)

Please keep us updated after the test. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you watched the flight distance?
There is a "distance" (Bird-RC) and a travel distance.
There you should see, if, when and why the travel distance moves under the 2 x max. distance.
I just checked on my few "straight flights", over long distance.
Looks good  to me
2017-11-2
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-2 03:34
Have you watched the flight distance?
There is a "distance" (Bird-RC) and a travel distance.
There you should see, if, when and why the travel distance moves under the 2 x max. distance.

Thanks for the idea... the covered flight distance in the summary page (where all flight records are displayed) is not the same as the one I got when reviewing the flight.
The second one looks good, but the first one is not displaying the same value and is shorter
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-2 03:46
Thanks for the idea... the covered flight distance in the summary page (where all flight records are displayed) is not the same as the one I got when reviewing the flight.
The second one looks good, but the first one is not displaying the same value and is shorter

Which means, the flight record is assumingly right, only the summary in the overview is/shows less
Mmhhhh!
I just saw, looking for your case, that the Travel Distance is growing b/c of the drone stays in xx m distance, but is ascending/descending.
Only not in the Pythagorean theorem way
But, of course, the traveled distance is always bigger as the two single go/back flights
2017-11-2
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

I just received a 4.1.15 update (on Android) and after upgrading and synchronizing flight logs, I now have good values in the summary page...
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-2 05:22
I just received a 4.1.15 update (on Android) and after upgrading and synchronizing flight logs, I now have good values in the summary page...

mmhhh!
so it is solved
2017-11-2
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-2 05:22

Nice, going to check if i have my update too
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules