Tahoe 200.mi Trail race- video footage
888 10 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Just finished up editing Mavic and Osmo footage from filming the Tahoe200 trail race. Lots of locations, trail running, and hiking to film the runners along the 200.mi course over the 3.5 days. I missed one location I really wanted to hit because one night I was sent on a rescue mission to locate the retrieve a lost runner 10.mi out in the wilderness, they were safe, but I didnt catch the sunrise the next morning haha. Mavic and Osmo worked great for the job, small enough to carry in my trail pack with other essential gear, though, it would have been nice to have the osmo x-something instead of osmo+ for the higher quality footage it can capture, next time

2017-11-1
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

amazing scenery
2017-11-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful scenery
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great job!
And beautiful landscape
2017-11-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Great shooting of some true hard bodies.  Remember, Lake Tahoe is ~5000 feet above sea level, so those folks are also dealing with some real thin air.
2017-11-1
Use props
Bastien Flies
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545236 ft
France

Good job! Like the music too The video seems slightly choppy on my screen in some parts, especially in the beginning, can't tell if that's because of the shutter speed of the fps... Where you using any filters?
2017-11-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video of Tahoe, really nice living 30 mins away from this place (I'm in Reno not Canada as stated in my location).
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wow, this is really great job, I like it. Thank you for sharing.
2017-11-1
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Thanks all! This was my third filming of these 200+ mi multi day races, definitely learned a lot in the process when compared to commercial shoots or general scouting/reference gathering.

Bastien- yes, I was shooting with various nd filters when filming, never without, the choppyness that you are seeing, not sure what that may be from at the moment.

StanfordWebbie- Yeah, well, that's not too thin yet ; ) haha, but the elevation is something that is a factor in the whole run. After a while, its a mental race/ battle, at some point many runners start to hallucinate from sleep deprivation and other factors.  I have ran trail and photographed at 16,700ft, didn't have a drone at the time, but really curious how it would fly at that elevation haha.

2017-11-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I don't think it's allowed to make videos of torture......... That run looked hard.
2017-11-3
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-11-3 04:49
I don't think it's allowed to make videos of torture......... That run looked hard.

Yes, but its an adventure, a multi day vacation for some of us , where food is taken care of, we just get to run through the wilderness. Of course, there is the other side that goes along with it, its rewarding, and pushes people to their limits. There is a group of runners that completed this race, another 200 prior, and a 240.mi all within three months.

Funny, the location with the snow, that runner was near the finish, about 2 miles, they thought I was someone pushing a hot dog stand, and they were running through a city, which is why they have pacers/runners who stay with them near the end, because its likely they will be hallucinating a bit. I keep the drone pretty high near the end, imagine what some may think it is if they hear it too near, a giant killer wasp!
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules