suggestion for GO app
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

I like the tripod mode - but it would be nice to be able to run it with collision avoidance turned off. I do a lot of close proximity footage (through treetops etc), and most of the time at real slow speeds. Tripod mode response usually is a real good fit, but I found when I use tripod mode the CA is turned on, which is a real pain because I CA will stop you even if you are going to miss the object in front of the aircraft, eg, flying just over or beside it.  Because the stick response is way faster, almost like sport mode in fact, when CA is turned off, it makes it harder to maintain a real slow speed.
With regards to first suggestion - have the control response remain the same as normal P mode with CA turned on - as it is now when CA is turned off the P mode behaves very much like Sport mode - which is okay - but if I want fast aggressive control response I can just use Sport mode.  

Another nice thing would be leave the radar and audible warnings enabled with CA turned off - it's still nice to be warned when you are getting close to an object. My GO app actually did this before I did the last upgrade - apparently it wasn't supposed to, so maybe it was a glitch - but it was nice to have the warnings and radar pop up with the CA turned off.

Allow more expo on the yaw axis, or increase the follow lag in the yaw gimbal axix - getting smooth yaw is still pretty hard to do.

2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha CC,

Unfortunately, the solution for your Tripod problem lies with the P4 Pro - "Narrow Sensing".  Narrow Sensing allows the side InfraRed Sensors to open a "Door" so-to-speak and allow the P4 Pro to fly much closer than when Narrow Sensing is not enabled.  The C1 button can be toggled to enable Narrow Sensing.  Sorry, I guess the solution for you is to get a P4 Pro and BTW they are a really cool bird to fly in so many ways!

There is no way to safely implement "Narrow Sensing" in the P4 or P4 Advanced because they do not have the side sensors.  My P4 Pro can get withing 18 inches of obstacles.  Narrow Sensing is one of the reasons the P4 Pro is such a fun bird to fly.  The only thing I can think of to help the P4 and P4 Advanced handle close proximities better is the EXPO settings and you mention that already.

There are three settings that affect Yaw and your Yaw Axis.  EXPO, the Yaw gimbal lag and Yaw syncronous follow.  Figure them out and you will be well rewarded.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-1 14:53
Aloha CC,

Unfortunately, the solution for your Tripod problem lies with the P4 Pro - "Narrow Sensing".  Narrow Sensing allows the side InfraRed Sensors to open a "Door" so-to-speak and allow the P4 Pro to fly much closer than when Narrow Sensing is not enabled.  The C1 button can be toggled to enable Narrow Sensing.  Sorry, I guess the solution for you is to get a P4 Pro and BTW they are a really cool bird to fly in so many ways!

a P4P is on my wish list for sure, but for now the ability to turn off CA in tripod mode would suffice.  I've learned from flying LOS and watching the screen at the same time that things are really not as close as they seem in the screen - I've even thought about making little dry erase marks on my tablet to show actual distances when flying close to objects.

I'll check out the yaw settings as you suggest - I thought I had it set up to make yaw as smooth as possible but maybe I missed something.
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

cameracollector Posted at 2017-11-1 16:44
a P4P is on my wish list for sure, but for now the ability to turn off CA in tripod mode would suffice.  I've learned from flying LOS and watching the screen at the same time that things are really not as close as they seem in the screen - I've even thought about making little dry erase marks on my tablet to show actual distances when flying close to objects.

I'll check out the yaw settings as you suggest - I thought I had it set up to make yaw as smooth as possible but maybe I missed something.

Aloha CC,

BTW, the Yaw syncronous follow is a counterintuitive and strange one.  Work on that one for a while it does give good rewards, but it makes you work for it.

Have you tried to turn off both the obstacle warning and the obstacle avoidance?  Then run Tripod and see how it works.  After that, try turning on the radar again and see how it goes.  Sometimes if you bo back to the beginning, you get better results.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

I think with the latest GO app there is no option to turn the warning on without having the avoidance on. Although someone in another thread said it was always like that - I was sure I had the warnings still enabled while the avoidance was turned off.  Hence my suggestion in the OP

I will play with the yaw follow next flight  - thanks!
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules