1866 20 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pleased to be able to share a trip to Greenland I took in August. Its a country of breathtaking landscapes that everyone should see. It will change how you view the world. Thanks to Solar Theory for the Music and Chris Martin for doing the color correction. Shot using a DJI Inspire 1 Pro with X5R and DJI Mavic Pro. For more aerial videos please go to sfdrones.tv

2017-11-1
Use props
圆桌骑士
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing. That's awesome!
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wow, the landscape is amazing especially with the music. Love the color, love the editing. Thanks for sharing.
It definitely will change how you view the world.
2017-11-1
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Great images! Where have you been exactly? In the Disko bay? Did you fly ATTI?
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, amazing footage
2017-11-2
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-2 03:48
Great images! Where have you been exactly? In the Disko bay? Did you fly ATTI?

I flew off fishing boats mostly... we would leave from Illuissat and go wherever they took me. Theres also some shots from Eqi Glacier.
2017-11-4
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, I hope it inspires you to go visit there.
2017-11-4
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-1 19:30
Wow, the landscape is amazing especially with the music. Love the color, love the editing. Thanks for sharing.
It definitely will change how you view the world.

Thank you... it for sure changed the way I view the world.
2017-11-4
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Very nice, congrats
2017-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-11-4 22:02
Thank you, I hope it inspires you to go visit there.

When the kids are older: for sure
2017-11-5
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-11-4 22:02
I flew off fishing boats mostly... we would leave from Illuissat and go wherever they took me. Theres also some shots from Eqi Glacier.

Thanks a lot. I have never been at the Eqi glacier myself but I suspected it could be the Eqi glacier.
Very nice. Have you been able to fly in GPS mode? I was in Qaanaaq in last april and the GPS was not usable. In Ilulissat it was better but still switched to ATTI from time to time. Now, I had a P4P, maybe the other drones are better.

Great footage in any case, it makes me feel like going there in summer time too!
2017-11-5
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-5 11:33
Thanks a lot. I have never been at the Eqi glacier myself but I suspected it could be the Eqi glacier.
Very nice. Have you been able to fly in GPS mode? I was in Qaanaaq in last april and the GPS was not usable. In Ilulissat it was better but still switched to ATTI from time to time. Now, I had a P4P, maybe the other drones are better.

I was sensitive to the airport whilst in Illuissat and avoided flying directly out from the harbor whilst there. Most of the flying was done off fishing boats. I flew both the Inspire 1 and the Mavic both in GPS all the time and never had an issues. The only issue I had was that the boats were often quite small and one day whilst landing the Inspire on a slippery fibreglass deck, the boat dipped at the wrong time and went sliding towards the edge. Thankfully I had really strong hiking boots on, I stuck my foot out into the props (dont recommend this) and whilst I shredded the props and prop locks, I caught the drone. This was towards the end of my visit and the Mavic got me the rest of the way. I got to say I love the Mavic for how portable it is... I had a job on in Scotland just before Greenland, otherwise I would not have taken the Inspire. I love the footage out of the Inspire but considering the expense of travelling with a big road case and the hassle and how good the Mavic can look, its not worth it.
2017-11-5
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-5 10:49
When the kids are older: for sure

Ahh yes.. I do not own any of those, which makes travel somewhat easier.  
2017-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-11-5 11:49
Ahh yes.. I do not own any of those, which makes travel somewhat easier.

Hahahahaha. We have three. Also great for travel, but they can't stand the sun too good.
So we will wait until they are older so they know they have to avoid the sun.
2017-11-5
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

sfdrones.tv Posted at 2017-11-5 11:46
I was sensitive to the airport whilst in Illuissat and avoided flying directly out from the harbor whilst there. Most of the flying was done off fishing boats. I flew both the Inspire 1 and the Mavic both in GPS all the time and never had an issues. The only issue I had was that the boats were often quite small and one day whilst landing the Inspire on a slippery fibreglass deck, the boat dipped at the wrong time and went sliding towards the edge. Thankfully I had really strong hiking boots on, I stuck my foot out into the props (dont recommend this) and whilst I shredded the props and prop locks, I caught the drone. This was towards the end of my visit and the Mavic got me the rest of the way. I got to say I love the Mavic for how portable it is... I had a job on in Scotland just before Greenland, otherwise I would not have taken the Inspire. I love the footage out of the Inspire but considering the expense of travelling with a big road case and the hassle and how good the Mavic can look, its not worth it.

That is amazing. Probably the GPS of the P4P is really bad then because another guy who was shooting there experienced the same issues with his own.
2017-11-6
Use props
msisrael
lvl.4
United States

This is beautiful.  Given the subject matter I thought I would refer you to this collection of drone videos from Greenland - enjoy!

Greenland Collection on AirVuz
2018-12-20
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

msisrael Posted at 12-20 08:22
This is beautiful.  Given the subject matter I thought I would refer you to this collection of drone videos from Greenland - enjoy!

Greenland Collection on AirVuz

Yes if you watch that collection, my video is the first 30 seconds or so.
2018-12-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning footage
2018-12-21
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't mind, what lens did you use with the X5R?
2018-12-21
Use props
sfdrones.tv
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 12-21 08:52
If you don't mind, what lens did you use with the X5R?

To be honest it was a while ago now and I don't really remember. I have 5 lenses for it but tended to use the 16mm the most. I have since Greenland not flown the Inspire 1 very much as I have an I2 with the X7 with all the lenses. I keep meaning to sell the I1 but never get around to it. Its a great platform,  its a shame to see it sitting there not being used.
2018-12-21
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules