Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
wind warnings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I keep getting wind warnings.  I thought this thing was supposed to fly in 22 mph winds.  At what wind speed do the warnings appear?  Local weather says windspeeds are 8-10 mph.  I know that the higher you get, the more wind there is.  Just curious.   Seems like I get this every time I fly.  
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you flying in the same areas, when you get that wind warning message?

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
fans689722dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

Yup, wind warnings every single time I fly. Very annoying if you ask me. This happened after some update. They need to fix this.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans689722dd Posted at 2017-11-1 14:15
Yup, wind warnings every single time I fly. Very annoying if you ask me. This happened after some update. They need to fix this.

Have you tried to move locations, to a much different place.

Perhaps it's just this spot, that brings this error. Not sure, but something has to fix it.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI have set the wind warning threshold value at 7 metres/sec = 15 mph.
The warning isn't telling you that you can't fly, it's just letting you know that the wind is above 7 m/s
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-1 14:22
DJI have set the wind warning threshold value at 7 metres/sec = 15 mph.
The warning isn't telling you that you can't fly, it's just letting you know that the wind is above 7 m/s

That makes total and complete sense to me.

It's only a polite warning, to be cautious p and aware...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

at 22 mph you're definitely going to see a lot of those warnings. The MP can still fly and hover in 22 mph winds but it'll move slow vertically and horizontally. If the MP has some kind of mishap, DJI will say well based on the analysis report, you did have wind warnings right? I fly in those kinds of windy conditions but don't venture too far out and I also adjust altitude whenever needed.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If you get caught in a strong gust, and the drone flips into ATTI mode, good luck.

I hope that your tracking device is activated...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 13:22
Are you flying in the same areas, when you get that wind warning message?

Yes...I have only flown near my house, never traveled anywhere to fly.   The farthest distance away from the RC I have flown has been about 4800 ft.  Today, I flew about 1500 from RC at about 200 ft. altitude and got wind warning.  
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-11-1 14:39
Yes...I have only flown near my house, never traveled anywhere to fly.   The farthest distance away from the RC I have flown has been about 4800 ft.  Today, I flew about 1500 from RC at about 200 ft. altitude and got wind warning.

Atleast you know that the wind warnings are actually a good thing.

As it gives you the information, allowing you to take notice, and use caution.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

A high wind speed warning will be shown in the app when the wind speed is higher than 7m/s for Phantom 4 Pro. We don't suggest flying the drone when wind speed exceeds 10m/s. Please keep the drone in a visual range when there is a high wind. Please note that the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.
2017-11-1
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 22:22
A high wind speed warning will be shown in the app when the wind speed is higher than 7m/s for Phantom 4 Pro. We don't suggest flying the drone when wind speed exceeds 10m/s. Please keep the drone in a visual range when there is a high wind. Please note that the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.

Thank you very much
2017-11-2
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 14:48
Atleast you know that the wind warnings are actually a good thing.

As it gives you the information, allowing you to take notice, and use caution.

This is very true.  When I get a wind warning, I usually start heading back to where I took off, staying as close to ground as possible but avoiding trees and power lines.  Thanks for the help.  
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-11-2 17:00
This is very true.  When I get a wind warning, I usually start heading back to where I took off, staying as close to ground as possible but avoiding trees and power lines.  Thanks for the help.

Many welcomes, bro.  It's my pleasure to share a positive experience with all who care to pay attention.
In this case, instituting RTH probably wouldn't be a good idea. Particularly, if your RTH height, would only elevate your current height, & possibly putting your drone  in harms way with the gusting wind.

Yes, very wise to bring her in, and hold off for a better calm day to fly.

Do you ever check your flight LOG just to see what's going on, in those flights?
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It might be something that interests you.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

even in 0 wind I get the warnings at all altitudes. very annoying to have to keep x'ing them off. any way to disable then?
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans589cba4b Posted at 2017-11-2 17:27
even in 0 wind I get the warnings at all altitudes. very annoying to have to keep x'ing them off. any way to disable then?

To disable helpful warning, even when they pop up unnecessarily It's a good thing.
It will help Keep you paying attention. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans689722dd Posted at 2017-11-1 14:15

You do realize you were answering my question for Vetteguy?

If you are having this same incidence then it is definitely a commonality for others here too.

Perhaps this is something that could be corrected within a future firmware update?

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 17:47
To disable helpful warning, even when they pop up unnecessarily I'd a good thing.
It will help you keep keep you paying attention. ;-)

no it's actually more distracting than helpful. I have an app which tells me the wind conditions and if it's questionable I don't fly. When I'm trying to get a cinematic complicated shot and the warning pops up it throws me off. Today gounr winds were at about 5mph and the message kept coming on about every 10 seconds while in flight. this is my 3rd p4p and they all do it.
2017-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans589cba4b Posted at 2017-11-3 12:41
no it's actually more distracting than helpful. I have an app which tells me the wind conditions and if it's questionable I don't fly. When I'm trying to get a cinematic complicated shot and the warning pops up it throws me off. Today gounr winds were at about 5mph and the message kept coming on about every 10 seconds while in flight. this is my 3rd p4p and they all do it.

Ok, I'm lost in space... But definitely Not throwing in the towel yet.

There must be a way to fix this false error message, besides turning off the parameter.
Try Flying indoors? No...not the answer.

We need to figure this out together, and soon.

RedHotPoker

2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules