8892 25 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_J3ns1rd
New
Flight distance : 10784 ft
United States

Hello all,

Switched recently to a Pixel 2 ruing Andrid 8.0.0. I am unable to get the app to connect to my Mavic Pro. I have tried updating the firmware on both the RC and the drone to the latest. The RC connects to and is able to control the drone. The app says disconnected. Tried uninstalling and reintalling the app. Same result. Cleared the app cache. Same result. Enabled USB debug. Same result. Enabled PTP. Same result.

At my wits end here and it is my fault for not testing prior to vacation in Maui. Now I am on the island and hesitant to use my drone until I get the app to connect. Any ideas?

B.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You install DJI GO 4, don't you? Had you tried to change another USB cable and plug it on the bottom port? Don't forget to unplug the side cable first. And if you have another device, please also try to test if it works on it.
2017-11-1
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

As Thor says, try using the bottom port and use the cable that came with the Pixel 2.
2017-11-1
Use props
fans6ba4c7b9
New
Australia

I am having the same issue,
I have upgraded from a Nexus 6P to Pixel 2 XL and I am not able to connect.

I have tried all the different startup sequences,

Phone first
Controller first
Mavic Pro First
Top port bottom port
Works fine on 6P running Android 8.0

Please help
2017-11-5
Use props
HamonRye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

I too have the new Pixel 2 XL and cannot link the DJIGo4 app to Mavic Pro. Worked fine on Pixel XL 1. Works fine on Blackberry KeyOne.
2017-11-7
Use props
willsiebert
New
Australia

I've been having the same problem. Did anyone have any luck plugging it into the bottom USB cable?

I rang them up yesterday, and they said that the pixel 2 is not a supported device which I think is a F***ing joke as it is meant to be the best phone of 2017. They said the developers are looking to potentially get a release out before Christmas but I am going on a trip next week and would love to use my drone.

I did have some luck manually enabling USB debugging but now it's decided to crap itself
2017-11-7
Use props
djiuser_KUA6RGZ
New
United States

willsiebert Posted at 2017-11-7 17:45
I've been having the same problem. Did anyone have any luck plugging it into the bottom USB cable?

I rang them up yesterday, and they said that the pixel 2 is not a supported device which I think is a F***ing joke as it is meant to be the best phone of 2017. They said the developers are looking to potentially get a release out before Christmas but I am going on a trip next week and would love to use my drone.

Yeah I have a Pixel 2 XL. I just tried plugging in the bottom port and unplugging the side cable and it worked. That being said, I only test flew it in my room for two flights of about 30 seconds each. I'd be interested to do a more extended test flight tomorrow. This is the first time I've gotten it to work.
2017-11-7
Use props
willsiebert
New
Australia

djiuser_KUA6RGZ Posted at 2017-11-7 18:41
Yeah I have a Pixel 2 XL. I just tried plugging in the bottom port and unplugging the side cable and it worked. That being said, I only test flew it in my room for two flights of about 30 seconds each. I'd be interested to do a more extended test flight tomorrow. This is the first time I've gotten it to work.

How did it go?
2017-11-10
Use props
thothsscribe
New
Flight distance : 4462 ft
United States

Hey, wasn't sure if this had been resolved yet.

Just tried to connect to my Phantom 4 (After a long time of not using it) and ran into a connection issue with my Pixel 2. It would not get any sort of connection. I did some stuff similar to you like clearing cache, redownloading the app, using the computer to apply drone updates, etc.

Finally I found a video that showed all you need to do is enable USB Debugging on the phone. You can either enable it manually through settings, about phone, tapping on build number until developer options is enabled, going to developer options, and enable USB debugging. Or, I noticed the little toggle in the  settings of the DJI app so that may guide you or just enable it much simpler. After that, connected perfectly. (have yet to fly it yet though).

Link to video:
2018-1-13
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I'm not sure you need to enable USB Debugging. But I think the default USB mode on Pixel 2 is "Charge only". If you change mode to for example MTP, I think it will work...
2018-1-14
Use props
DroneSC
New
Flight distance : 20482 ft
United States

I have a Pixel 2 and have had significant problems.  I finally found a solution which works every time I fly, although the app will crash about half way through flight.  However, I can just reenter app and it works fine without going through the whole process again... Sequence is:
2018-1-14
Use props
DroneSC
New
Flight distance : 20482 ft
United States

I have a Pixel 2 and have had significant problems.  I finally found a solution which works every time I fly, although the app will crash about half way through flight.  However, I can just reenter app and it works fine without going through the whole process again... Sequence is: (1) turn on airplane mode and restart phone, do NOT connect it to the controller.  (2) Turn on remote.  (3) Turn on Mavic.  (4) wait for remote and drone to fully connect to GPS mode.  (5) With airplane mode still on, plug controller into phone.  Hope that works for you!
2018-1-14
Use props
fans3d4bd840
New
Sweden

Same problem here with a Spark and Pixel 2. The DJI support just says go and buy an approved phone, perfect.
2018-6-20
Use props
fanscaed2ac6
New

Seems to point to a hardware issue, rather than software. They're all Android smartphones.
2018-7-7
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

DJI GO runs flawlessly on my Pixel 2 XL.
2018-7-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Works fine on my Pixel 2 XL here on latest DJI Go (and a much older one i keep purely because it doesnt have the bug where images no longer download in flight).

Procedure for me is RC on, drone on, plug USB into the phone (bottom port of RC) and select Go4 in the box that pops up.  Seems to work for me.  Ive had 1 app disconnect but im fairly sure its because i bumped the connector.  I don't use USB debugging, MTP mode or anything and have none of the silly "batter saver" or bloaty apps on.

2018-7-9
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11227 ft
Romania

Hi.
I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL with a Mavic Air.
I experienced casual disconnects when the drone was night in sight anymore and found out that fiddling with the small cable got it reconnected. It did this several times until I got enough and used the provided USB to USB C charging cable and connected the phone on the bottom USB port (I even left the other usb cable connected to the remote). Since then I've flown 4 batteries in a row without loosing signal.
(it may or may not have to do with developer mode on/off - sometimes I found it on other time off so cannot find a pattern there)
So, WHEN THE APP works, there is no issue with Pixel 2 XL phone, imho.

BUT my problem is not this: After 1-2 days of not using the DJI Go4 app, when trying to open the app it force closes showing that the app is stopped. (not even starting the app). I tried everything and it did not work (clear cache, clear storage, restart phone...). The only thing that works is: uninstall and reinstall the app.

I then found an .APK of the app thinking I can reinstall on the go...but after reinstall the app requires another 80MB of data to be downloaded and then asks you to login to their servers.

BUT this has again more drawbacks: if I use it in an area without GSN signal or internet I can only install it but cannot start the app. So useless again...

Has anyone encounter this also?

Now I don't know what to do...buy Litchi or a Nexus 7 II tablet?!? Either way....more money for something I already paid for!
2018-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Its possibly doze or other battery saving modes cutting in.
Have you tried changing Go4 to "not optimised" as far as battery management goes?

Also consider a phone factory reset and test to see if its that, it could be an errant app or something doing it (also on android make sure you never ever run those "battery saver" type apps).

Im using Go4 on my Pixel2XL without any issues at all (once i stopped using the DJI supplied cable).
2018-7-24
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Romania

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-24 01:29
Its possibly doze or other battery saving modes cutting in.
Have you tried changing Go4 to "not optimised" as far as battery management goes?

No battery saving apps here.  Also the battery was almost full every time.
Next time it does that I'll try what you suggested.
Thanks
2018-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Doze is built in to save power, you can exempt apps from it so maybe try that in the settings.
Id try a factory reset and try it as pretty much the first app installed.  If it still does it, its the phone.  If it doesn't its an app or some sort of resource management doing it.  Its the only real way to diagnose.
It does work on Pixel 2 XLs without issue so its likely software or a software conflict causing it.
What about an older version of DJI Go?
2018-7-24
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Romania

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-24 04:14
Doze is built in to save power, you can exempt apps from it so maybe try that in the settings.
Id try a factory reset and try it as pretty much the first app installed.  If it still does it, its the phone.  If it doesn't its an app or some sort of resource management doing it.  Its the only real way to diagnose.
It does work on Pixel 2 XLs without issue so its likely software or a software conflict causing it.

I did not try an older version. I recently reinstall it so i'm waiting the next "error". Then I'll try installing an older version and come back.
Now I changed it to "not optimized" in the battery management department.
2018-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Some of the older versions are less buggy (and better optimised) which might help.

Ultimately a phone factory default reset is the best diagnostic tool available.
2018-7-24
Use props
djiuser_3gx2hj23eTNT
lvl.1
United States

I have the pixel 2xl.

Airplanee mode.

When not near a WiFi connection I turn on airplane mode and in able to connect to problem.

When in my house and connected to my wifi I have no issues connecting with airplane mode off.
2018-7-25
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Romania

IronM Posted at 2018-7-24 04:20
I did not try an older version. I recently reinstall it so i'm waiting the next "error". Then I'll try installing an older version and come back.
Now I changed it to "not optimized" in the battery management department.

So, after 2 weeks after this modification, the app did not force close anymore.
I only flew once but opened (just for test) the app daily. Thanks for the guidance!
2018-7-31
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Romania

IronM Posted at 2018-7-31 22:19
So, after 2 weeks after this modification, the app did not force close anymore.
I only flew once but opened (just for test) the app daily. Thanks for the guidance!

Updated to Android 9 and the app crashes before start again
2018-8-6
Use props
IronM
lvl.2
Romania

IronM Posted at 2018-8-6 23:42
Updated to Android 9 and the app crashes before start again

Back with news. As I said, the app keeps crashing randomly.
Last weekend it did it again (in an area without gsm signal), both on my Pixel 2 XL and on a Pixel 1.
But I may found a solution: I used an apk extractor app. Got the .apk for DJI Go4 app and when it crashes I just install the extracted app over the existing one.
This way I don't loose my settings and I can do this even if there is no cell coverage.
Hope it helps others too!
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules