Panaromic stitching error .
6094 20 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Wondered if anyone experienced problem with panaromic stitching process ? (Not all panoramics but some )
Recently found when downloading from Spark and going through stitching process gets around 3 quarters way through process of stitching then it quits and comes out of dji go app .
Any solutions or ideas ?
Using an ipad mini over wifi connection .
2017-11-1
Use props
fansb2643324
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54006 ft
United Kingdom

Mine does the same stitching the new sphere mode,gets almost to the end then the app crashes. It does this every time and I have deleted and reinstalled the app no difference.
2017-11-1
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

stitching process even if quality is low in dji app, need  some "power in device". U should consider using third party software - even on pc computer sometime stitching standard 180 pano uses 100% of cpu for few minutes. There is no tablet/phone that can give such computing power and depend of pano size and merging difficulties your device can be to weak for it - sometime even if someone have 16gb of ram and 4ghz cpu on desktop  rendering  in lightroom or ptgui can take 10+ mins..
2017-11-1
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Panorama can be big and may requires a lot of CPU.
Personally, I don't use the DJI Go app to stitch panos. I use Microsoft Image Composite Editor. It does a great job at stitching panoramas ... and it is FREE
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/

I let the Spark do all the pictures, download the images and stiches with MICE.
The 46 pictures of a sphere panorama can generate images bigger than 100 MB when using highest quality.

too big for a phone or small tablet
2017-11-1
Use props
sircambridge-Ge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174 ft
United States

me too im getting crashes when stitching the sphere mode 100% of the time. i keep trying. deleted the app and everything. i have an iphone 6S
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that you are using devices in the recommended list. If the app crashes, you can try to clear the cache files of your phone and clean up the memory to have enough space for the pictures.
The situation was reflected to our engineers and they are working on that. The problem will be solved in next version of app.
2017-11-1
Use props
fansb2643324
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54006 ft
United Kingdom

I don’t have access to a pc so I only have my iphone6s. Please sort this as this was one of the features a lot of people were waiting for.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansb2643324 Posted at 2017-11-1 23:12
I don’t have access to a pc so I only have my iphone6s. Please sort this as this was one of the features a lot of people were waiting for.

Please try the solution mentioned above first and I believe that our engineers will solve this asap.
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

PS013 Posted at 2017-11-1 14:52
Panorama can be big and may requires a lot of CPU.
Personally, I don't use the DJI Go app to stitch panos. I use Microsoft Image Composite Editor. It does a great job at stitching panoramas ... and it is FREE
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/

Yep, if author doesnt have access to pc it can be problem. My 360 panos in jpg are 100+ Mb and when i tune it in photoshop and save project as tiff, my last was 1 GB size file.

@pr777 u should remember that app give u some features but quality of this pics is not as good as stitched on mac/pc.  Best example is merged file from app in 180 view - my panos on pc from lightroom are 12000px wide and as jpg even 70mb, same from dji app is if i remember fhd and 200kb size preview
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

medyq69 Posted at 2017-11-2 01:52
Yep, if author doesnt have access to pc it can be problem. My 360 panos in jpg are 100+ Mb and when i tune it in photoshop and save project as tiff, my last was 1 GB size file.

@pr777 u should remember that app give u some features but quality of this pics is not as good as stitched on mac/pc.  Best example is merged file from app in 180 view - my panos on pc from lightroom are 12000px wide and as jpg even 70mb, same from dji app is if i remember fhd and 200kb size preview

Yep, size matters!
I do not know, how the DJI editor is doing the 360/Spheres, but on the PC I get always BIGer pictures.
And for the 180 Panos it is really "a lot" bigger, as stitched with DJI Go App
2017-11-2
Use props
matteo pasqualo
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-2 01:34
Please try the solution mentioned above first and I believe that our engineers will solve this asap.

so... now we are in 19.01.2018.....did you fix the bug? because in 3 phone (samsung s8/s6 lg g4) and 1 tab (samsung tab s 8.4 lte) dji app start to stiching but after a while all become black and nothing happen.....
2018-1-19
Use props
sosatjax
lvl.1
Greece

same problem with dji go 4 and osmo mobile
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

matteo pasqualo Posted at 2018-1-19 06:44
so... now we are in 19.01.2018.....did you fix the bug? because in 3 phone (samsung s8/s6 lg g4) and 1 tab (samsung tab s 8.4 lte) dji app start to stiching but after a while all become black and nothing happen.....

Please tell me the version of your app. Did your phone have enough memory? Please ensure that your phone has at least 1 G memory. If the problem remains, please provide us the original pictures. You can upload them to the dropbox and post the link here.
2018-1-23
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-23 00:51
Please tell me the version of your app. Did your phone have enough memory? Please ensure that your phone has at least 1 G memory. If the problem remains, please provide us the original pictures. You can upload them to the dropbox and post the link here.

I have samsung S8 (DJI hates this phone i'm learning) and app most recent update. I'd say probably 20% of my sphere's actually stitch properly. They normally complete or say they are complete and they are so horrifically stitched as if it didnt take enough images to finish the sphere. I've pretty much stopped doing them now, the 46 images take quite some time to snap and i can just squeeze two of them into one battery use so i laugh it off
2018-1-23
Use props
matteo pasqualo
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-23 00:51

4.1.15.. all with 15gb of free memory. after unistall app and then reinstall, all now is fine in s8 and tab s.. just 1 question.. when dji release an update with a possibility to view pano pic in all my device? for now we have only 46 pic in the device where we can see stich only in the app without possibility to view in other device..when dji'll decide to create one spherical pano and then share where we want? the app is awsome for modify but not for share...
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WilfredFireStee Posted at 2018-1-23 04:41
I have samsung S8 (DJI hates this phone i'm learning) and app most recent update. I'd say probably 20% of my sphere's actually stitch properly. They normally complete or say they are complete and they are so horrifically stitched as if it didnt take enough images to finish the sphere. I've pretty much stopped doing them now, the 46 images take quite some time to snap and i can just squeeze two of them into one battery use so i laugh it off

Sir, please provide me the original pictures of your pano. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. I would help you forward it to our engineers.
2018-1-28
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 02:15
Sir, please provide me the original pictures of your pano. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. I would help you forward it to our engineers.

I appreciate that thanks. I will try and do that today.
2018-1-29
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-28 02:15

How do i download all the pano shots please?
2018-1-29
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WilfredFireSteel 8 Posted at 2018-1-29 08:30
How do i download all the pano shots please?

LOL

ALSO, just on going into all my "SPHERES" I now see that all of my awesome little planets are now completely FLAT images>?!?!??!?! This is just going from bad to worse what the hell!!!!!
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WilfredFireSteel 8 Posted at 2018-1-29 08:32
LOL

ALSO, just on going into all my "SPHERES" I now see that all of my awesome little planets are now completely FLAT images>?!?!??!?! This is just going from bad to worse what the hell!!!!!

Sir, please note that our SD card will save the original pictures of sphere photos and users can use these photos to stitch the sphere again. Or you can view it in playback and upload it to skypixel to share the link of sphere. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-1-31
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-31 02:55
Sir, please note that our SD card will save the original pictures of sphere photos and users can use these photos to stitch the sphere again. Or you can view it in playback and upload it to skypixel to share the link of sphere. Thanks for your understanding and support.

So, it used to stitch them for me and make nice spheres. NOW i have to use other apps and programs to do this for me if i understand right?
This was the way things were before you added the spheres / little planet feature so you have effectively removed half of the feature so need to research best 360 pano apps and find the best one to help me piece together the 48 images now I guess. Or just ignore the 360 pano that seems easier......
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules