Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Makes the News-Drones Over Washington DC Military Base
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

It appears some knucklyheads still haven't got the memos.  They are flying over Ft McNair in Washington and they have been found out be a company called DeDrone.  DeDrone is developing tracking and take down technologies against drones, I'm assuming to sell to the DoD.  They ID'd DJI & Parrot specifically as the some fo the offenders.
I'm guessing that based on where Ft McNair is that some goobers in a park close by are taking advantage of the airspace and flying where they should darn well know they cannot.  I feel for the drone owners in DC, but at this point everyone stateside should know you cannot fly there and expecially over a military site, although McNair does not exactly look like your typical installation either.
Read Article: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/31/ ... henderson-hall.html
2017-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yeah, I really don't think you can take much notice of a report like that, which is primarily designed to garner publicity for DeDrone. Some time ago, the 'enterprising' wannabes identified taking down drones as a new 'growth industry' and have been racing around like headless chooks trying to come up with a system to flog to the defence people who are seen to have bottomless pits of money. Taken to the extreme, it does not mean anyone is/was flying over Fort Myers.
2017-11-1
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-1 21:17
Yeah, I really don't think you can take much notice of a report like that, which is primarily designed to garner publicity for DeDrone. Some time ago, the 'enterprising' wannabes identified taking down drones as a new 'growth industry' and have been racing around like headless chooks trying to come up with a system to flog to the defence people who are seen to have bottomless pits of money. Taken to the extreme, it does not mean anyone is/was flying over Fort Myers.

While you may be correct, I couldn't say, I would also not be surprised if there are folks flying around there.  For all we know it could be military personnel themselves flying their own device, I guess not realizing that the no fly applies to them too.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-1 21:17

Fakes .news, created on a slow news day, perhaps...?

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 23:15
Fakes .news, created on a slow news day, perhaps...?

yea a lot of fake news here in good old usa.
2017-11-2
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope it is fake news because we don't need anymore negative publicity from these irresponsible copter owners.  
2017-11-2
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

"Awww, they aint gunna find us"... was probably the last thing they said before launching.  Our military has the largest budget of our tax dollars in our nation.  If they can find out that I ordered banana peppers on my online pizza order, they can most certainly ID a remote transmission flying around one of their military bases.
2017-11-2
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

repairman Posted at 2017-11-2 04:01
yea a lot of fake news here in good old usa.

Power Grid shutdown, ANTIFA riots and the rapture of Christians on November 4th.
-Why would they lie about such things?  It "must" be true...  
Welcome to the DISinformation age.  
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Fake or not, it still alters the perception.
2017-11-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You mean Ft. McNair?  

I live in the DC area.

This is hard to believe considering that the base is within the DC FRZ and also the DJI No Fly Zone.  I've never heard of a DJI drone getting authorization for this area.  It could be a P2 series with old firmware circa 2014, but it's kinda hard to believe this number.  But the fact that they are making news of the drone flying over the base seems laughable considering that it's much more of a violation to be flying that close to downtown - regardless of the location.  

2017-11-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-2 06:50
You mean Ft. McNair?  

I live in the DC area.

Yes, I made an error, not sure how Ft Myers ended up in my head, it is Ft McNair and I corrected my mistake.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah while it may be hard to believe I felt similar, but there are folks out there with older drones and ones that they did not update to the latest FW who can still fly in NFZs, making this entirely possible.  I agree that flying at all anywhere near there seems unlikely, that's why I was thinking it was someone on the Fort doing it.  Could even bee someone at the University testing drone ops or experimenting with them, that would be funny if so.
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-11-2 09:20
Yes, I made an error, not sure how Ft Myers ended up in my head, it is Ft McNair and I corrected my mistake.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah while it may be hard to believe I felt similar, but there are folks out there with older drones and ones that they did not update to the latest FW who can still fly in NFZs, making this entirely possible.  I agree that flying at all anywhere near there seems unlikely, that's why I was thinking it was someone on the Fort doing it.  Could even bee someone at the University testing drone ops or experimenting with them, that would be funny if so.

If you want to see a real fort, do a Yahoo search for Fort Edmonton Park!!

Yes, we are ready for an attack, by the indigenous peoples... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 12:40
If you want to see a real fort, do a Yahoo search for Fort Edmonton Park!!

Yes, we are ready for an attack, by the indigenous peoples... Chuckles

Well if you had better relations with your indigenous folk you wouldn't have to be so prepared Ha Ha
Although I didn't realize what budget constraints you Kanuks were under as far as defense dollars go
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-11-2 12:57
Well if you had better relations with your indigenous folk you wouldn't have to be so prepared Ha Ha
Although I didn't realize what budget constraints you Kanuks were under as far as defense dollars go

Hey, don't have to tell me. My step mother was an Eskimo woman from the NWT.

But besides that, yes, our history of treating the first Canadians with more respect has been a long time coming. Thankfully reparations are in the works. The native children who were essentially kidnapped by our government, and placed in residential schools was a tragedy. We can't  change the past history, but tomorrow becomes yesterday pretty fast, so the more we can do today to repair the deep hurt, is always better than nothing. But it's taking way too long...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 15:11
Hey, don't have to tell me. My step mother was an Eskimo woman from the NWT.

But besides that, yes, our history of treating the first Canadians with more respect has been a long time coming. Thankfully reparations are in the works. The native children who were essentially kidnapped by our government, and placed in residential schools was a tragedy. We can't  change the past history, but tomorrow becomes yesterday pretty fast, so the more we can do today to repair the deep hurt, is always better than nothing. But it's taking way too long...

Well I'm sorry to hear this, but yesterday is still yesterday and what then becomes important is that tomorrow is better than yesterday.  No amount of effort today will fix what was wrong yesterday.  Mankind's history throughout the world is full of ugly actions that should never have happened, why, because evil exists and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  However, generally speaking I believe the western world is better today than yesterday.  Yet not all of man today has learned what they should, which is why God is King and will return to set all straight...
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-11-2 20:01
Well I'm sorry to hear this, but yesterday is still yesterday and what then becomes important is that tomorrow is better than yesterday.  No amount of effort today will fix what was wrong yesterday.  Mankind's history throughout the world is full of ugly actions that should never have happened, why, because evil exists and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  However, generally speaking I believe the western world is better today than yesterday.  Yet not all of man today has learned what they should, which is why God is King and will return to set all straight...

Ok, cool. Not to make this a religious debate: But is that the loving God, that church professes.

With all the hatred and misery that surrounds this tiny planet, what happened to the Love?
All the food, but nations starving. All the wealth, but more poor than ever before. .??
I'm confused. Maybe the real answers are in the books of the Bible that were removed, in centuries past.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 20:11
Ok, cool. Not to make this a religious debate: But is that the loving God, that church professes.

With all the hatred and misery that surrounds this tiny planet, what happened to the Love?

Man is given complete control of his life and total say in their destiny...there in lies the problem...enough said
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-11-2 21:17
Man is given complete control of his life and total say in their destiny...there in lies the problem...enough said

Praise be unto the highest..

I'd like to fly my drone up to the pearly gates and get some real answers.

But yes, say no more. Nudge nudge, wink wink... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules