Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3A Gimbal Status 'Disconnected' but seems to work
1467 5 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robinby04
New
New Zealand

Hi guys,

I hadn't flown my P3A for quite some time, and last weekend decided to take it out for a spin. When I did this, I noticed my live feed was very delayed.
I researched how to fix this, and I found that if I took the whole camera/gimbal off the drone, disconnecting the 2 wires, and then connecting them back again, it should fix my issue.

I did this, and it seems to have worked, my live feed is back to normal. BUT when i go into the aircraft status in the DJI GO app, at the bottom, the Gimbal Status says 'Disconnected'.
I don't know if this was an issue before disconnecting the camera/gimbal or if it happened when I did the fix, but I can't get it to go away.

Everything seems to work, the gimbal is in the usual position, all lights are green, there are no warning messages, when I fly the drone the camera works just as normal and I can move the camera up and down as usual. I can even calibrate the gimbal, but the gimbal status still says Disconnected...

Any help on the matter? Should I be worried, should I just fly it regardless?

Thanks.
2017-11-1
Use props
Mxh666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46371 ft
Australia

Here is a link on the Phantom Pilots Forum with same same issue.

Looks like it is a software bug. I have the same message, but the drone flies normal and everything else is ok.

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... 25462/#post-1281587
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are aware of this issue, this is a false warning, the engineers are working on it now, will fix it in the next update.
2017-11-1
Use props
elmt136-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7946 ft
United States

I have the same problem the status in my phantom 3 said gimbal disconnect. that happen after did the last  update. so how long we have to wait for to fix this problem?
2017-11-3
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

My P3A says the same, "Gimbal Status Disconnected". Other than that message, everything appears to function normally.
2017-12-29
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Air/America Posted at 2017-12-29 13:04
My P3A says the same, "Gimbal Status Disconnected". Other than that message, everything appears to function normally.

The current DJI GO 3.1.23 has corrected the "gimbal status disconnected" error message.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules