Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse X7
3743 31 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Has anyone tried the new Zenmuse X7?  Will this be so much better than the X5S?  Seems to be $4000 with lens....  DJI is not shy with their pricing (as always).
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Zenmuse X7 is equipped with a Super 35mm image sensor and a DL-Mount that designed for aerial photography with four compatible lenses.
It is more professional than X5S. Here are some samples of X7, you may make a contrast: http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x7/info#downloads
2017-11-2
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 03:39
The Zenmuse X7 is equipped with a Super 35mm image sensor and a DL-Mount that designed for aerial photography with four compatible lenses.
It is more professional than X5S. Here are some samples of X7S, you may make a contrast: http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x7/info#downloads

Thanks Mindy!
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are very welcome, thanks for the interest in X7.
2017-11-2
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 04:18
You are very welcome, thanks for the interest in X7.

Hi Mindy, do you know the shipment date? Can't wait ;-) Regards, Gerry
2017-11-3
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Pricing ? The X7 is priced extremely low -It is a Super 35mm camera with a gimbal included
2017-11-5
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nilsblix Posted at 2017-11-5 06:13
Pricing ? The X7 is priced extremely low -It is a Super 35mm camera with a gimbal included

I thought most of the processing was done inside the inspire now, wouldn't that make it a gimbal with sensor and lens mount??
I feel the lenses are extremely expensive, if they can deliver super sharp images at 100% crop I would still consider the upgrade from the x5s
2017-11-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-5 14:58
I thought most of the processing was done inside the inspire now, wouldn't that make it a gimbal with sensor and lens mount??
I feel the lenses are extremely expensive, if they can deliver super sharp images at 100% crop I would still consider the upgrade from the x5s

Interesting point.

I never thought about the Cinecore processing being in the I2 itself along with the expensive licenses, and the SSD cards that are about two to three times that of what I paid for my computer's SSD cards that replaced my hard drives too.  You're right that is is just the sensor along with the gimbal which is priced far above what it should be, given that a lot of the electronics and extras are in the I2 itself and not contained in one cinema camera body as other makers sell.  Sort of expensive for a Super 35mm or cheaper APS-C/H camera for only a 4MP gain too.  If it were twice that megapixel count, I'd understand, but not with the current abundance of 24MP APS-C/H sized sensors.

Most prime lenses of the APS-C format and even full 35mm format average around $300-$700 for the f/2.8 variety.  Given they will only fit the X7 and likely no one else will make them, I'd also say they are overpriced by two fold at least.  Far more variety with the X5 series with the micro four-thirds mounts.

I'd guess the actual cost runs about 20% of the retail price to make it, plus another 55% for company, and 25% for retailer.  No doubt the X7 could have sold for $1,999 which would be $600 more than the X5S camera alone and might tempt some into the X7 seeing the $100 difference, less the proprietary f/2.8 lenses which might be better off half of what they currently ask for too.  As it is, it is way over-priced, imho, given much of the processing is already owned within the I2 itself, along with the expensive licenses and over-priced SSD cards too.

I'll wait to see what the reviews say, and maybe there will be some sales soon too for those interested.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-3 13:30
Hi Mindy, do you know the shipment date? Can't wait ;-) Regards, Gerry

Please forgive me for the late response, the estimated shipping date of X7 is 20-25 business days after payment confirmation.
Did you place an order?
2017-11-8
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy, do you know if DJI plans to add the x7 to the educational discount list?  I am purchasing my first I2, and am buying it without camera until I find out if I can get my discount.
Thank you!
2017-11-8
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 02:02
Please forgive me for the late response, the estimated shipping date of X7 is 20-25 business days after payment confirmation.
Did you place an order?

Hi DJI Mindy. Thank you for your feedback. Well, I placed the order at 2017-10-12 07:24:39.... and it is still not shipped (but approved). I can wait a couple of days for sure ... but you know ... on the other hand, I would love to work with the new X7 now ;-)
Have a great day.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-8 22:58
Hi DJI Mindy. Thank you for your feedback. Well, I placed the order at 2017-10-12 07:24:39.... and it is still not shipped (but approved). I can wait a couple of days for sure ... but you know ... on the other hand, I would love to work with the new X7 now ;-)
Have a great day.

I understand, hope you will get it soon and looking forward to hearing your experience about X7.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vfrailing Posted at 2017-11-8 07:46
Mindy, do you know if DJI plans to add the x7 to the educational discount list?  I am purchasing my first I2, and am buying it without camera until I find out if I can get my discount.
Thank you!

I think it will, but I'm afraid you will need to wait for several months.
2017-11-9
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-9 01:08
I think it will, but I'm afraid you will need to wait for several months.

Thank you for your response!
I suppose I will go ahead and pull the trigger, don't want to be without a camera that long.  I understand that the nd filter on the 16 mm can be disabled with DJI Go4?

2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vfrailing Posted at 2017-11-9 10:00
Thank you for your response!
I suppose I will go ahead and pull the trigger, don't want to be without a camera that long.  I understand that the nd filter on the 16 mm can be disabled with DJI Go4?

Have responded in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
You can enable or disable the built-in ND filter option in DJI GO 4, or you can set it as Auto and the app will automatically control the ND filter based on the light.
2017-11-10
Use props
westofparis
New
United States

I have to admit, these ship dates are driving me a little crazy. I place an order 1 month ago and I’m still waiting. I just now realized it’s 20-25(business days)....good lord, I have another half a month to go?? Absolute madness.
2017-11-10
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

westofparis Posted at 2017-11-10 04:29
I have to admit, these ship dates are driving me a little crazy. I place an order 1 month ago and I’m still waiting. I just now realized it’s 20-25(business days)....good lord, I have another half a month to go?? Absolute madness.

I just wish you guys would get the camera soon, I need to hear and see customer reviews before I purchase, I have been asking DJI for an aerial still dng shot from the x7 (not video) for a while now...would be good with each lens to see the quality of the images and lenses...
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

westofparis Posted at 2017-11-10 04:29

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please provide me the order number so I can check the status for you.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-10 14:46
I just wish you guys would get the camera soon, I need to hear and see customer reviews before I purchase, I have been asking DJI for an aerial still dng shot from the x7 (not video) for a while now...would be good with each lens to see the quality of the images and lenses...

I am looking forward to the feedback, too. Hope users can shoot more beautiful pictures with X7 and enjoy our drone.
2017-11-11
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-11 03:24
I am looking forward to the feedback, too. Hope users can shoot more beautiful pictures with X7 and enjoy our drone.

Yep me too but I still think DJI should at least give us a few dng stills from each lens for customers to browse, (especially from up in the air seeing as this camera is only made for aerial photography so far.) I am interested but I don't want to sell my x5s and bunch of lenses to be able to buy just the camera and then get in to $2.2k in debt for a lens that could be mush at 100% crop..
2017-11-12
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-12 14:08
Yep me too but I still think DJI should at least give us a few dng stills from each lens for customers to browse, (especially from up in the air seeing as this camera is only made for aerial photography so far.) I am interested but I don't want to sell my x5s and bunch of lenses to be able to buy just the camera and then get in to $2.2k in debt for a lens that could be mush at 100% crop..

I asked for the same thing and the answer was: "wait for independent reviews".
Same with the X5S a few weeks ago, before the X7 was announced.

2017-11-13
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-13 08:22

do you still need a dng from the x5s?
2017-11-13
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-13 08:22

unbelievable
2017-11-13
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-13 14:30
do you still need a dng from the x5s?

I got a few of them from fellow users but I would still be happy to get another one if that's not too much trouble

Now what scares me with this camera is the number of people who complain about misaligned sensors.
2017-11-13
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-13 15:35
I got a few of them from fellow users but I would still be happy to get another one if that's not too much trouble

Now what scares me with this camera is the number of people who complain about misaligned sensors.

my sensor is fine but not happy with the gimbal, horizon in always off once you turn... pain in the ass, and embarrassing for me when you have to hand over 360 panoramics to clients and have to blame your tools...
X5S sample DNG

2017-11-13
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

I had the same issue with the P4Pro. It's annoying with the stills but if the horizon is way off it makes it unusable for video. Did you try to have it repaired?
That's exactly why I am not too comfortable pouring a lot of money in these DJI cameras/gimbals.
2017-11-14
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-14 16:28
I had the same issue with the P4Pro. It's annoying with the stills but if the horizon is way off it makes it unusable for video. Did you try to have it repaired?
That's exactly why I am not too comfortable pouring a lot of money in these DJI cameras/gimbals.

I havent tried to get it repaired, there was a new firmware update and I am hoping it has fixed this..
2017-11-14
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-14 16:28

I havent tried to get it repaired, there was a new firmware update and I am hoping it has fixed this..
2017-11-14
Use props
industrialist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15226 ft
Germany

Hi,
is there a shipping date for Germany? I ordered an Inspire2/X7 in Mid-October
thx hs
2017-11-15
Use props
ICarrascosa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3356 ft
Spain

Good morning,

Deputy video review Zenmuse X7, I remember that there was another video review post but I can not find it, sorry if I repeat it.

2017-11-17
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Seems to be another video here:

2017-11-17
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>