Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+ live streaming
12967 9 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans808c3482
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi guys,

I have an Osmo+ and I am trying to facebook live stream.

However, in order to connect to the camera, I must be using the OSMO wifi, but on my app, the OSMO wifi doesn not connect to facebook (its not like normal wifi it only connects to the camera) so I have to use my usual router wifi in order to connect to the app - but this obviously deconnects the camera!

Am i being stupid or is there a simple fix?

All the videos i've seen online seem to suggest that the OSMO wifi connects to the facebook app automatically - but mine doesn't.

Many thanks,

Paul
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

What is the model of your mobile? I would recommend you use iphone to do the live stream.
2017-11-2
Use props
fans808c3482
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-2 03:14
What is the model of your mobile? I would recommend you use iphone to do the live stream.

Iphone 7+ but the phone isnt the issue as explained...
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have you turn on cellular data in your iPhone?
Since APP needs to connect to Osmo+ via WIFI, the wifi channel will be occupied.
The cellular data must be used to connect to Facebook to make live streaming.

Please keep us updated if there is further question.
2017-11-2
Use props
fans808c3482
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 20:04
Have you turn on cellular data in your iPhone?
Since APP needs to connect to Osmo+ via WIFI, the wifi channel will be occupied.
The cellular data must be used to connect to Facebook to make live streaming.

Hi Mindy,

So what you are saying is that it can only do the live streaming with 4g data usage?

Dammm, this will be expensive!
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans808c3482 Posted at 2017-11-2 22:38
Hi Mindy,

So what you are saying is that it can only do the live streaming with 4g data usage?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-11-3
Use props
ascendcam
New
United States

I just bought a new Osmo+ and am disappointed to learn that simultaneous connection between my iPhone and the Osmo+ and my phone and the internet cannot take place over WiFi because the iOS iPhone being connected to the Osmo+ over WiFi. 4G Cellular is not available or does not have a strong signal in a lot of places where I desire to live stream from. Is there a solution I am not aware of or will there be a solution to this problem in the future?
Thank you,
Chance
2018-1-10
Use props
NTJ
New

Canada

This is a big disappointment to me as well if it's true - the fact that it doesn't have some way to livestream through a wifi signal and will only work eating up my data plan. How is this desirable or useable for anyone?

Is there no solution, or not going to be a solution?

Can a DJI rep please speak to this?
2018-12-20
Use props
dark_passages
New
Netherlands

I found this device that promisses to be able to connect to Osmo and stream the video over wifi. (and some more options)
cosmostreamer . com / products / osmo /
Does anyone have experience with it?  
sorry this anoying forum does not let me post the url as 1 string :-( just remove the spaces.
2020-3-10
Use props
dark_passages
New
Netherlands

dark_passages@hotmail.com Posted at 3-10 02:38
I found this device that promisses to be able to connect to Osmo and stream the video over wifi. (and some more options)
cosmostreamer . com / products / osmo /
Does anyone have experience with it?  

They also have a windows app, that seems to work great since it can use my wifi to connect to the osmo and stream over the lan connection.
2020-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules