Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It's totally false and ignorant, nothing more to say. This guy has no clue at all and just want's to attract attention/views on his various media presences. We have had a new law only this year which entered into force on 1 October. The rules are very clear and fair in my opinion. It is true that many people might not know the details and easily feel offended when they see a drone flying. It is up to us to behave correctly and to respect the rules and also to pro-actively involve the general public. Whenever I fly somewhere and people pass by, I immediately inform them about what I am doing and that they do not need to worry. I also invite them to have a look at my display and explain the various features. I also explain to them the rules I am following. So far never ever any negative encounter, to the opposite, reactions until now have been very positive.
2017-11-2
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

El Diablo, you should know your own drone laws!
In my preparation to fly in germany, I did read about that now you have to ask every privat land- or houseowner / tenants ,   in case you wanna fly at/over his land/building.
In special with a video camera.
Thats why I have chosen to fly on public ground only
And that is in Singapore the case, in Thailand (yep, indeed, only no one knowes/cares about it yet), and elsewhere.

To the video:
The guy should have looked around, why this owner of the field probably dont wanted him to video something!
Aside that it is his lawful right to forbid flying on his ground, it seems a bit awkward!
But on the other hand, it was a german. Right?
(no offense ;-)
2017-11-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 2017-11-2 05:24
Well I've found this in the Mavic forum from the member Marsan:

If you're planning a trip to Germany with your drone, be aware that the drone laws in that country are getting even tougher starting 1st of October 2017.

With a simple Google search "Drohnenplakette" you will find a huge variety on the market at low rates that are conform to the new rules. The cheapest mandatory insurance you will find at DMO (Deutsche Modellsportorganisation) and yes, the flight altitude maximum is 100 meters.
P.S. And yes, there are already at least two discussions in this forum on the same topics ;-)

2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-2 05:40
With a simple Google search "Drohnenplakette" you will find a huge variety on the market at low rates than are conform to the new rules. The cheapest mandatory insurance you will find at DMO (Deutsche Modellsportorganisation) and yes, the flight altitude maximum is 100 meters.
P.S. And yes, there are already at least two discussions in this forum on the same topics ;-)

Thanks for the insight!
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Btw:
Is this guy in the video wearing colored lenses?
2017-11-2
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 2017-11-2 05:24
Well I've found this in the Mavic forum from the member Marsan:

If you're planning a trip to Germany with your drone, be aware that the drone laws in that country are getting even tougher starting 1st of October 2017.

Hey man,

yes Wachtberger is right, the guy in the video has no clue... it's completely wrong. However, it is your duty as a drone pilot to learn about the drone laws of the respecitve country you're flying in.

And yes, we're not allowed to fly higher than 100m above ground level.

Hope that helps,
Flip.
2017-11-2
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

In some case i have to confirm this guy is right!
From a diverent angle of view i had a lot of discussion about that topic!
The new drone regulations a very tough ones and i have a lot of research on that topic!
The first to know is the regulations for the nature reserve and all the kinds of places that fall under this regulation eg. Habitats Directive areas!
They are so wide spread and often not as good identified!
The next thing is the needed permission of the property owner! If you don´t have this permission you act criminal!
All this new regulatory makes the drone hobby less funny as it was years before, and i´m in the drone hobby since over 12 Years now.
I´m well aware of the fact that there are some  guys out there, that are responsible that the government had to react, but in my opionion
the overreacted!
So, when this guy says he is "p**d" i only can say that i feel like him!
2017-11-2
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Spookymike Posted at 2017-11-2 08:27
In some case i have to confirm this guy is right!
From a diverent angle of view i had a lot of discussion about that topic!
The new drone regulations a very tough ones and i have a lot of research on that topic!

There is always drone racing.  Taking aerial video and pictures of other people's property does seem to be a fading part of the drone hobby.  While other parts are taking off
2017-11-2
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-11-2 11:14
There is always drone racing.  Taking aerial video and pictures of other people's property does seem to be a fading part of the drone hobby.  While other parts are taking off

Aren't most of these drones flown under hobbyist rules?  Everyone pretending they are RC model hobbyists and not doing this professionally/commercially.  Therefore, the ideal place to fly, and wholly allowed by all countries, is at a RC model airfield.

Farmers object to drones flying over their property in the same way they object to me getting out my .60 size 72 inch wingspan Pulse XT radio control airplane and flying it on their property.  It is irritating.  Worst, if you allow it once just to be friendly, the mobs will soon arrive expecting to also be allowed to fly on your property.  
2017-11-2
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Having to ask permission to fly from someone else's property...clear government overstep!
2017-11-2
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

OneMatt Posted at 2017-11-2 11:41
Having to ask permission to fly from someone else's property...clear government overstep!

This is actually the case in the United States and Canada as well.

You can overfly anyone's property so long as the airspace itself is not restricted, but flying "from" (as in take off, land, or operate while on) private property is subject to the permission of the property owner.

P.S. The title of this post is click bait

2017-11-2
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Its just one incident with one farmer. The guy is just annoid that he was told off by someone.he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.I have been flying a while now and so far i met only people who are interested in what you are doing. probably everybody will encounter someday someone who sees droneflying as a nuisance. Then you just land the drone and go somewhere else.
2017-11-2
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Canada

TranceMist Posted at 2017-11-2 12:19
This is actually the case in the United States and Canada as well.

You can overfly anyone's property so long as the airspace itself is not restricted, but flying "from" (as in take off, land, or operate while on) private property is subject to the permission of the property owner.

Exactly. The official term is "trespassing", and it isn't new.

Also, funny that Tom would be all "god bless America" about this. In most states the farmer would have been justified to just shoot him, and a recent case made it that shooting down a drone above your property may also be OK.

I'd rather be TOLD to leave....
2017-11-2
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

And now he has  been told off once , he suddenly hates germany. Says something about his real character . Poor girlfriend
2017-11-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kind of comes of as whiney.  You have drone regulations, we have Trump.  Which would you rather have?
2017-11-2
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Angela merkel
2017-11-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really?  They're not even the same species.
2017-11-2
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank god , the darwin evolution theory  is not applicable here. Anyway i hope there will be an eu drone rule which make us droneflyers a little bit more happy .
2017-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-11-2 13:14
Thank god , the darwin evolution theory  is not applicable here. Anyway i hope there will be an eu drone rule which make us droneflyers a little bit more happy .

EASA governing body for aviation in Europe are at present developing a new set of regulations for drone flying throughout Europe a set of rules which would harmonize rules for flying in all participating countries.
These plans and discussions are at a very advanced stage and I would expect a set of rules will be put forward to all European aviation bodies in the very near future with the expectation that one set of rules for flying in Europe will be adopted sometime in 2018.

EASA are the benchmark for safety in aviation in Europe and their safety rules and regulations have been adopted and implemented by all aviation bodies in Europe .

I for one having attended many meetings and seminars regarding above think this will be a positive move for drone flying throughout Europe.
2017-11-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-2 13:34
EASA governing body for aviation in Europe are at present developing a new set of regulations for drone flying throughout Europe a set of rules which would harmonize rules for flying in all participating countries.
These plans and discussions are at a very advanced stage and I would expect a set of rules will be put forward to all European aviation bodies in the very near future with the expectation that one set of rules for flying in Europe will be adopted sometime in 2018.

This might be good news indeed, thank you for sharing!
2017-11-2
Use props
ku8az
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16647 ft
Czechia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-2 13:55
This might be good news indeed, thank you for sharing!

I wouldn't share your happiness. I suppose they will take the most restrictive rules from each country and make them obligatory for the whole EU. But I might be wrong, I hope.
2017-11-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ku8az Posted at 2017-11-3 08:55
I wouldn't share your happiness. I suppose they will take the most restrictive rules from each country and make them obligatory for the whole EU. But I might be wrong, I hope.

Always look at the bright side of life... ;-)
2017-11-3
Use props
ku8az
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16647 ft
Czechia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-3 08:57
Always look at the bright side of life... ;-)

Yeah, but... you know... we are still in the EU ;)
2017-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ku8az Posted at 2017-11-3 08:55

Actually having been involved in this process I can tell you EASA are very progressive and from what I know and what I’ve read and heard there will not be any further restrictions on drone flying in Europe and contrary to what you are thinking in my opinion EASA program will offer drone flyers more and easier access to flying.
2017-11-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-3 09:40
Actually having been involved in this process I can tell you EASA are very progressive and from what I know and what I’ve read and heard there will not be any further restrictions on drone flying in Europe and contrary to what you are thinking in my opinion EASA program will offer drone flyers more and easier access to flying.

This is what I'd call "the bright side of life" with regard to drone flying. Thank you for sharing Hallmark!
2017-11-3
Use props
ArnodePee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

2017-11-3
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

OK, but how are these categories set in Netherlans by mass, type of aircraft or Kinetic energy?

Where is the Spark C0?

In Croatia we have to ask for a permit if the aircraft has Kinetic energy more than 79 J (Joules).

Spark does not have that power, but I am affraid that someday I will have to explain that to the judges on the court. So if I see a cop...

I had a encouter with cops when filming an airport Zadar in 2015 in NFZ. I had permission from the "Tower LDZD" but nothing on paper. When they came to me and I was just landing. First question from them was "how long can you fly?" So I knew I was in the clear. (in 2015 I flown with Inspire1 and NFZ was incorectly marked, so I knew that job could be done) and cops were friendly then.

Today, if I see a cop I do not start rotors.
2017-11-3
Use props
ArnodePee
Second Officer
Netherlands

Micato Posted at 2017-11-3 11:19
OK, but how are these categories set in Netherlans by mass, type of aircraft or Kinetic energy?

Where is the Spark C0?

These are the proposals concerning European drone regulations
2017-11-3
Use props
ArnodePee
Second Officer
Netherlands

C0 = up to 250 grams
C1 = 250 / 900 grams
C2 = 900 grams / 4 kg
C3 = 4 / 25 kg
C4 = also up to 25 kg
2017-11-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-3 09:40

Are the germans good with that?
Like they are "good" with lots of other stuff, no one else want right now, in europe?
2017-11-3
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Canada

Those EASA rules are pretty clear, and the aircraft classifications makes sense.

If only the Canadian transport minister had bothered to do some reading....
2017-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OneMatt Posted at 2017-11-3 15:59
Those EASA rules are pretty clear, and the aircraft classifications makes sense.

If only the Canadian transport minister had bothered to do some reading....

Main difference here is, in Canada politicians got involved, where as EASA are a an aviation body and they have an interest in promoting aviation.
Politicians only interest is in getting votes so by curbing and trying to control drone flyers they are appeasing and sucking up to the majority,
2017-11-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-11-2 13:01
Kind of comes of as whiney.  You have drone regulations, we have Trump.  Which would you rather have?

Honestly?
That is a taff decission to make!
But the Germans have drone regulations AND Merkel!
How you wanna beat that, with only Trump?
2017-11-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ArnodePee Posted at 2017-11-3 12:35
C0 = up to 250 grams
C1 = 250 / 900 grams
C2 = 900 grams / 4 kg

If these rules become the official ones we should be very happy indeed.
@hallmark007: You and the others involved have done an excellent job.
2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-4 00:57
If these rules become the official ones we should be very happy indeed.
@hallmark007: You and the others involved have done an excellent job.

I believe that most European countries will adopt a very similar set of rules, we have at the moment many governments going around scratching their heads not knowing what to do with the sudden onset of growth in this market and those governments will only be to happy to let the aviation experts take over.
Incidentally EASA are also working very hard on a brand new concept for professional drone flyers it will be known as U Space it will be a dedicated space to professional drone flyers where you will have to be trained and carry a license to fly and work in. It’s very exciting and it also shows how progressive EASA are in developing drone flying. I do believe in the right hands there will be a good future for drone flying in Europe.
2017-11-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-4 04:03
I believe that most European countries will adopt a very similar set of rules, we have at the moment many governments going around scratching their heads not knowing what to do with the sudden onset of growth in this market and those governments will only be to happy to let the aviation experts take over.
Incidentally EASA are also working very hard on a brand new concept for professional drone flyers it will be known as U Space it will be a dedicated space to professional drone flyers where you will have to be trained and carry a license to fly and work in. It’s very exciting and it also shows how progressive EASA are in developing drone flying. I do believe in the right hands there will be a good future for drone flying in Europe.

I hope so too, thank you again. It is a great asset for this forum to have such a knowledgeable and (as we now know) also positively influental person like you as member. Please keep up your excellent work and advice.
2017-11-4
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-3 16:24
Main difference here is, in Canada politicians got involved, where as EASA are a an aviation body and they have an interest in promoting aviation.
Politicians only interest is in getting votes so by curbing and trying to control drone flyers they are appeasing and sucking up to the majority,

Indeed, but they are the ones who set the rules here. I would have hoped for more from our first astronaut. I guess he doesn't like a new generation of people being amazed by flight...
2017-11-4
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-11-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules