Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
please
1994 13 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CommunalWheat9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419314 ft
Belgium

this morning
2017-11-2
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

First :

The P3S is bad for control once automatic landing starts for low battery. I have had this a number of times and it usually means Drone will land where it is vertically.

Second :
My observations have shown that point of no cancel happens at about 13 - 15% battery and NOT at 10% as supposed to.
Point of absolute landing and no control is 10% and cannot be set lower.
I read your post and I must be honest and say that you are taking big risk with flying anywhere public with such low battery reading. I would not wish to be near any people with battery less than 30% which is the usual low battery warning level.

It is well to understand that as the battery voltage / charge drops - the AMPS go up to keep the WATTS up to meet control commands. This means that the battery rate discharges faster when low than when at high charge state. Therefore when you approach lower battery levels - you should be on finals to land out.

Sorry but the DJI system is not really at fault. The fault is flying too long and too low on battery.

It cost me my P3S as many know here. My battery dropped to about 14% on a return and it auto-landed. During the descent - there was nothing I could do to stop it, I could not even alter the point of landing ... she went into the river.

Lesson learnt.

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
CommunalWheat9
Second Officer
Belgium

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 08:29
First :

The P3S is bad for control once automatic landing starts for low battery. I have had this a number of times and it usually means Drone will land where it is vertically.

hi , thank you for replying to me post ,
you have right i took big risk flying so far of me in a public place and i will never do it again

You can in the settings select the % of battery left for ' critical battery warning ' i selected 10%  so it was not 13-15% for me , that was 10%.

Im not saying its the DJI system fault , i just wont they give the control of the aircaft to the pilot not to a software developper ,

And you probably know , too keep healthy battery you need to take them to 8% every 20 time you charge your battery , i will be honest , i didnt tried to take the battery to 8% but i do it sometimes , i remeber in the previous upate whe could control the aircaft from 100% to 0% and that should not be changed ; here is a youtube link about how that was before ,

thank you and have a great day
2017-11-2
Use props
jcaerialstudio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171040 ft
United States

I try not to fly my drone when kids are around me for safety issue (or any "people") so I always perform hand launch and hand catch my drone. Furthermore, I think it's good to have a habit of start bringing your drone back when the battery hits 20%. It's better to film less than losing or breaking the drone. Happy filming!
2017-11-2
Use props
CommunalWheat9
Second Officer
Belgium

jcaerialstudio Posted at 2017-11-2 09:09
I try not to fly my drone when kids are around me for safety issue (or any "people") so I always perform hand launch and hand catch my drone. Furthermore, I think it's good to have a habit of start bringing your drone back when the battery hits 20%. It's better to film less than losing or breaking the drone. Happy filming!

yes fore sure but like i said me phone as crashed and i had no control on the aircraft a few moments..
2017-11-2
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

a) DJI themselves have stopped advising 20 cycle and deep discharge. It is not good practice for ANY LiPo.

b) It makes no difference setting low battery to 10% ... because CRITICAL battery is already at lowest possible setting of 10%.

c) P3 initiates landing at just over 10%.

The P3S is not as controllable in this auto landing as the P3P and P3A ... and as I found - it basically ignores you.

If the Phone / GO shuts down - then just go back to manual RC ....

RTH kicks in ... so AC starts to fly back ... once it gets in sight and you know what its doing - STOP the RTH by using S1 switch toggled back and forth a number of times - then land it yourself.

People make mistake of panic and trying to get GO back operating ... when all they need is to understand S1 S2 switches and manual flight.

And please people - don't go flying to extremes of battery if there is any chance of spectators !! We don't want you to have terrible incident on your conscience ....

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
CommunalWheat9
Second Officer
Belgium

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 10:30
a) DJI themselves have stopped advising 20 cycle and deep discharge. It is not good practice for ANY LiPo.

b) It makes no difference setting low battery to 10% ... because CRITICAL battery is already at lowest possible setting of 10%.

thank you for helping , i didnt knew the S1 swithc can change the RTH , i saw a video few months ago and the guy explained that the S1 swittch was for reconect the aircaft in flight when if the RC was turned off and turned on again
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

When battery warning prompted, you can cancel the RTH at your end, while when Critically Low Battery Level Warning appeared, the drone will begin to descend automatically as the battery level only supports to land from the current altitude. More details, I would recommend you to check the user manual.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.4.pdf
2017-11-2
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

So to say...always foreseen the unforeseen.. Fly back earlier den never..cheers.
2017-11-2
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-2 22:45
When battery warning prompted, you can cancel the RTH at your end, while when Critically Low Battery Level Warning appeared, the drone will begin to descend automatically as the battery level only supports to land from the current altitude. More details, I would recommend you to check the user manual.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170623/Phantom+3+Standard+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf

Yes but in his case the Critical Battery was set to 10% so why would the AC start landing at around 13-15% if the Drone worked he would have had time to bring it across the river onto dry land. Very unreliable software in this event. And it doesn't matter many users have posted the same issue using the Go4 App as well.
2017-11-3
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-3 01:35
Yes but in his case the Critical Battery was set to 10% so why would the AC start landing at around 13-15% if the Drone worked he would have had time to bring it across the river onto dry land. Very unreliable software in this event. And it doesn't matter many users have posted the same issue using the Go4 App as well.

Please do not mix up my River incident with the OP's..

But setting Battery warnings ... I think OP has confused two warnings :

There is LOW BATTERY WARNING which is default at 30% but user adjustable. It just gives a warning via APP when it hits it but flying continues ..

There is CRITICAL BATTERY WARNING which is default at 10% and also user adjustable but not less than 10%.

Why 10% ? 10% is generally regarded as the lowest you should push a LiPo and not damage it seriously. It still allows reasonable power draw -BUT will only give short time before zero. Watts / Volts / Amps and all that.

My P3S and my P3P are set at default Low / Critical of 30 and 10% ... they in my view are reasonable settings. I try to land at 30 - 35% which ensures I have a LiPo pack at good to store level.

My P3S has shown on a number of occasions when pushed to low battery that at 13 - 14% Auto Land initiated ... and I could not cancel or adjust landing point - even though manual and GO give me option to ...

Back to OP ... I hope he does not mind my saying this  - but he did not appreciate the use of S1 and S2 as well as flying to too low a battery level. Seems he felt that setting LOW to 10% (he says Critical - but that is already at 10% by default) - he felt he would get some extra flight time. Sorry but that does not happen.

Summary :

Low battery warning is to tell you to sort yourself out and go home ! Fly more at risk !

Critical warning is that it will land whatever you do as battery is so low as to be unsuitable for any further flight.

S1 and S2 switches are there for direct Controller command to RTH and Cancel as well as the on ground functions when not flying. S1 and S2 are the saviours when Go / LItchi shut down / lock up ... and need to be understood.

Nigel
2017-11-3
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-3 02:04
Please do not mix up my River incident with the OP's..

But setting Battery warnings ... I think OP has confused two warnings :

I always bring it home when I get "Low Battery Warning" as well, What are the S1 & S2 switches on the P3's, not familiar with these, or are you referring to what I  know as C1 & C2?
2017-11-3
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-3 02:24
I always bring it home when I get "Low Battery Warning" as well, What are the S1 & S2 switches on the P3's, not familiar with these, or are you referring to what I  know as C1 & C2?

S1 and S2 are the toggle switches on top of the STANDARD controller. Being Chinese - they are RIGHT to LEFT numbered ... S1 is right top ... S2 is left top.

Page 23 of the P3 Standard Manual.

C1 and C2 are the press buttons on the back of the PRO and ADV controller .... completely different items.

The RTH button left lower face of the Pro controller - Press and Hold till RTH initiates, gives similar to the S2 switch RTH on the Standard which needs to be toggled a couple of times.
Press the RTH button on Pro again and RTH cancels - similar to multiple toggling of S1 switch on Standard.

Nigel

2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-3 01:35

Critically Low Battery Level Warning  is the one calculated by the Main Control, instead of the one you set.
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules