Constant: No Positioning (ATTI)
5654 18 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys

Been having trouble using my Phantom 3 Standard in recent weeks.

Haven't been able to take off due to an error message of "No Positioning (ATTI)" and I'm not entirely sure how to combat this error message.
In fact; I have no idea what this actually means.

Normally if I can't take off it's because the compass needs calibrating, but that can be resolved there & then. This error message doesn't seem to disappear and it has followed me around in many locations.

Last night, rather foolishly, I decided to see what would happen if I decided to take off with that error message still appearing (as the option to take off was still actually there, I just didn't want to with that error message). It did not end well. The drone hovered to 1.2m and suddenly started veering off to the left quite slowly until it hit a fence and fell; luckily no damage to the drone or camera.

Anyway; has anybody else had this issue and knows how to get rid of it? Any advice and opinions are greatly appreciated.
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How many satellites are you showing and what mode do you have selected?
2017-11-2
Use props
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-2 07:15
How many satellites are you showing and what mode do you have selected?

I'm not sure how to check how many satellites I'm showing; where could I see it?

I have multiple flight modes enabled
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Look at the top of screen, a little to the right of center, You should have a symbol and a numerical indicator beside it.   
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Also, make sure your S2 switch is in the up position.
2017-11-2
Use props
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-2 07:33
Also, make sure your S2 switch is in the up position.

Really? I was told early on when I first purchased the drone that the S1 & S2 flicks should always be neither up nor down, just in the middle and not to be touched
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Try it in the up.
2017-11-2
Use props
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you; I will do later on today and will update you with how it goes.
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Hans Sanchez Posted at 2017-11-2 07:44
Thank you; I will do later on today and will update you with how it goes.

I have not flown mine in a while, sorry, It is the It is the S1 that needs to be up.
2017-11-2
Use props
Hans Sanchez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-2 07:48
I have not flown mine in a while, sorry, It is the It is the S1 that needs to be up.

Ok thanks! Is there any reason why that needs to be up? You suggested it helped; and I have no reason to doubt you, I'd just like to know what the S1 being in up does!
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Puts you in GPS mode   Sorry I confused you.
2017-11-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You really need to read your manual.  
2017-11-2
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Please do read the manual - front to back - 3 times, before flying again.
The swithces are very important and you should know how to use them.
You put yourself in ATTI mode which does not utilize the GPS function.
Have fun but be careful!

Switch 1 & 2

Switch 1 & 2
2017-11-2
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I wouldn’t advise switching off the GPS unless your 8n a wide open space with no obsticals, and remember the drone can pick up quite a bit of speed with the wind in ATTI mode.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Make sure it is in P mode and there are enough GPS signal, then you will get rid of the reminder.
2017-11-2
Use props
P3S_USAF_BLUE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65682 ft
United States

All the way up puts you in gps mode where your aircraft will hover in place. Middle is Atti, you don't want to fly on that mode unless you are an experienced pilot as the softest touch to the stick will have you flying quickly in that direction. Down is used for when you are at least 20 or so meters off the ground and can select smart flight modes on your screen.

As the others have said, read your manual. Watch some tutorial youtube videos as well. Fly smart and fly safe.
2017-11-2
Use props
Reynardi
New
Flight distance : 732 ft
Indonesia

Hi, why my Phantom 3 SE can not hover in the same place? it's always going to right or left, forward and backward
S1 = P mode, S2 in the middle position, GPS Signal 7
2017-11-2
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Reynardi Posted at 2017-11-2 20:23
Hi, why my Phantom 3 SE can not hover in the same place? it's always going to right or left, forward and backward

Try both switches in the full up positions. See if that helps. Otherwise it could be poor or weak satellite locks. Seven sats is pretty low.
2017-11-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Reynardi Posted at 2017-11-2 20:23

This is a P3S thread which uses straight GPS.  The P3 SE uses GPS/Glonass.  Moving around a little is normal, especially if you're not using VPS.  Variance is + - 1.5 meters.  Also, I don't know if 7 satellites is enough.  Also, I don't know why you'd only get 7 unless you were in a canyon or something.  
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules