1946 9 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the new phantom 3 will have these features in the DJI Pilot app, I'm assuming the Inspire 1 will as well?
2015-4-9
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I imagine it's possible. POI and Waypoints have been discussed before, but nothing recent.
2015-4-9
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

well, it will be the same app correct?
2015-4-9
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

I heard the p3 does not have waypoints, same story as the inspire.
2015-4-12
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.3
United States

The P3 does not have those features. They said they are going to release the SDK so that independent developers can develop them.
2015-4-12
Use props
xflight
lvl.1

Germany

But DJI uploaded a video on her youtube channel about the POI feature! There is really no way to use POI on the Inspire???
2015-4-14
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

xflight Posted at 2015-4-15 15:09
But DJI uploaded a video on her youtube channel about the POI feature! There is really no way to use ...

No, there isn't.
2015-4-16
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Why this misunderstanding everywhere ?

There will not be any waypoint - follow me or Poi for the Phantom 3 at launch.

DJI have a new policy on this - they will as for now not develop those features - they will let third party apps take care of it by releasing SDK.

Then we will have to pay for new apps ( that hopefully works ) - and we will for sure void our guarantee if we use those apps. Smart move DJI

I have been using third party apps on my phantom - they have been very buggy and they do not cover all what the DJI apps cover - so you end up using multiple apps - That is not safe at all.

I strongly believe that when this goes for the Phantom 3 - it will also be the case for the Inspire 1 - so do not hold your breath for DJI to release those features for the Inspire.

( I am not absolutely sure regarding the Inspire 1 -  after all the Phantom 2 has some of this features )
2015-4-16
Use props
javiervidao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1194193 ft
Spain

If you check the features section of the PH3, the waypoints (groundstation) are under the SDK, so, I think it is clear that DJI is not gonna develop it any more. It seems that they dont want to be responsible if you crash your drone while it was flying autonomously...and I kind of understand it
2015-4-16
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

javiervidao Posted at 2015-4-16 20:24
If you check the features section of the PH3, the waypoints (groundstation) are under the SDK, so, I ...

Yes I can also "kind of understand it" - I nearly ever fly my Phantom autonomously . But I am sort of missing the Homelock IOC function on the Inspire. Inspire have the course lock function but not the home lock. Its strange.
As for " follow me" - I do not miss it and probably will not use it.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules