What does beginner mode do besides restrict altitude and slow speeds
16452 19 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

I'm currently onl beginner mode but want to know what all will be affected once I stop. I know I'll be able to fly higher and faster, anything else? Just want to be prepared so I'm not caught off guard
2017-11-2
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Doesn’t it restrict distance too? Don’t think you’ll have any issues anyway, although sport mode can be a little more challenging/tricky, especially in tighter spaces.
2017-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should make sure all your settings are correct for you, RTH input your height and if you need to set where you want craft to return to I.E. homepoint etc. , you can set your limit height to 120 metres this is standard height for regulations in your country, make sure to do all changes while AC is turned on .

And yes fly higher further faster and you can use all of other options I.E. tap fly active track etc etc, sport mode. Be careful fly safe and enjoy.
2017-11-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Clearly, you have not read the manual.  Flying without doing that is equivalent to flushing $1000 down the toilet.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Agree with Hallmark007. In addition,  when the drone is in the Beginner mode, you can't start the motors if the GPS signal is not strong enough. But if you disabled the Beginner mode, you can start the motors even though the GPS signal is weak and the drone is in the ATTI mode, so it is very important to check the GPS signal before take off.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Remember also if u start using other flight modes specialy Sports-Mode the faster u fly more distance u need to allow for the Aircraft to safely come to a stop.Start slower and get used to each mode and its limits before going full throttle.Always fly safe.
2017-11-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beginner mode sets a maximum radius of 30M that the drone can be flown around the pilot - that’s horizontal and vertical. It sets a max air speed of around 15MPH, reduces the RC stick sensitivity and won’t allow you to take off until a home point has been recorded by GPS. You also will not be able to use sport mode or the intelligent flight modes. It is designed for first time flyers to learn the absolute basics of flight within the safest settings. Only disengage beginner mode once you have flown a couple of times and feel confident to go further, faster and higher and know all the basics.
2017-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’d also suggest burning your first battery by using the inbuilt VR simulator in the app then head outside and use beginner mode. Switch out to manual flight, gradually increasing your range then move up to the intelligent flight modes and finally Sport mode - you don’t get into a car for your first driving lesson and drive down the motorway at 100MPH... same principle with drones: small and controlled steps and after a month or two you’ll be recording 4K video doing a point of interest 400’ up before turning around and flying back manually at 40MPH in Sport mode and you’ll think nothing of it. You have a lot to learn before then though and the manuals and tutorials are also a good place to start!
2017-11-3
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

When you come out of beginner mode it warns: "Flight Speed and sensitivity will be substantially improved" - so one assumes control sensitivity is changed?
2017-11-3
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Here are a couple of screen shots

On

On

Off

Off
ON.jpg
OFF.jpg
2017-11-3
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-3 02:19
I’d also suggest burning your first battery by using the inbuilt VR simulator in the app then head outside and use beginner mode. Switch out to manual flight, gradually increasing your range then move up to the intelligent flight modes and finally Sport mode - you don’t get into a car for your first driving lesson and drive down the motorway at 100MPH... same principle with drones: small and controlled steps and after a month or two you’ll be recording 4K video doing a point of interest 400’ up before turning around and flying back manually at 40MPH in Sport mode and you’ll think nothing of it. You have a lot to learn before then though and the manuals and tutorials are also a good place to start!

What did you mean by "I’d also suggest burning your first battery by using the inbuilt VR simulator in the app"?
2017-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm guessing you've already used a battery but as a general rule it is a good idea to use the simulator that is in the academy section to familiarise yourself with the basics of flight before heading out.
2017-11-3
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

It's clear OP hasn't read through most of the manual. I can't say that I have read the entire thing, but I read through most of the manual and everything that was critical to controlling the AC and different modes the AC and the RC have. OP, go back and read through the AC and RC parts at the very least before you destroy your AC or other people's property.
2017-11-3
Use props
Boston_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2854 ft
New Zealand

It makes a geo fence, above and across to you and restricts your mavic to go past the geo fence...There's a new update out recently that makes it more precise.
2017-11-4
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

AEM74 Posted at 2017-11-3 09:46
It's clear OP hasn't read through most of the manual. I can't say that I have read the entire thing, but I read through most of the manual and everything that was critical to controlling the AC and different modes the AC and the RC have. OP, go back and read through the AC and RC parts at the very least before you destroy your AC or other people's property.

I've only had this for like 3 days now lol, I read some of it but haven't gotten a chance to read the whole thing yet. I make sure to take all the measures to make sure I'm not destroying anything, but it's a learning process. Thank you though!
2017-11-5
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

rshah921 Posted at 2017-11-5 09:46
I've only had this for like 3 days now lol, I read some of it but haven't gotten a chance to read the whole thing yet. I make sure to take all the measures to make sure I'm not destroying anything, but it's a learning process. Thank you though!

I mean it's best to read through it before first flight just as a precaution. The MP is pretty easy to fly and get used to but it's best to be prepared before first flight.
2017-11-5
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Another suggestion: go through the posts on this forum, pertaining to different problematic scenarios, like "gimbal gone wild", "ATTI mode"/"Compass error", loss of video feed/app disconnect. Read up on what the best case of action is in each of the cases, so that you are at least prepared if/when that happens and do not panic.
I read the manual twice before I even received the bird, and then scavenged the forum for all kinds of scenarios/tutorials - it saved me on a couple occasions already.
2017-11-5
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-11-5 13:13
Another suggestion: go through the posts on this forum, pertaining to different problematic scenarios, like "gimbal gone wild", "ATTI mode"/"Compass error", loss of video feed/app disconnect. Read up on what the best case of action is in each of the cases, so that you are at least prepared if/when that happens and do not panic.
I read the manual twice before I even received the bird, and then scavenged the forum for all kinds of scenarios/tutorials - it saved me on a couple occasions already.

Definitely will do that! Thank you for the tip!
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_GNEl0bt94nFK
New

Latvia

Does anybody know, how to switch off "beginner mode"?
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_jLSGypV1nBBV
lvl.1

Israel

A CW Posted at 2017-11-3 02:12
Beginner mode sets a maximum radius of 30M that the drone can be flown around the pilot - that’s horizontal and vertical. It sets a max air speed of around 15MPH, reduces the RC stick sensitivity and won’t allow you to take off until a home point has been recorded by GPS. You also will not be able to use sport mode or the intelligent flight modes. It is designed for first time flyers to learn the absolute basics of flight within the safest settings. Only disengage beginner mode once you have flown a couple of times and feel confident to go further, faster and higher and know all the basics.

you gave the best answer
2020-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules