Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CAA Rule (UK) question
731 1 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks

Am i right in thinking that in the UK if you fly FPV with an observer, you can, in theory, fly to a height of 1000ft?
Reason for my question is this...

4) The person in charge must not fly the SUA:

a) in Class A, C, D or E airspace unless permission of the appropriate air traffic control unit has been obtained;
b) within an aerodrome traffic zone during the notified hours of watch of the air traffic control unit (if any) at that aerodrome unless permission of any such air traffic control unit has been obtained;
c) at a height of more than 1,000 feet above the surface (see Note 3);
d) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
e) over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
f) within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft;

Notes:
3) This does not remove the requirement (in paragraph 3(b)) for the competent observer to maintain direct unaided visual contact with the SUA throughout the flight. Therefore, the SUA can only be flown up to 1,000 ft if it can still be seen sufficiently for collision avoidance purposes.

What gives, i thought it was max 120m, not 300m??

PS, how do i sucribe to my posts, i.e. ge notifications on replies please?
2017-11-3
Use props
Wizzokartworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i have never seen this but the way it reads i would say you are right
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now