IPhone X not working with DJI GO4 / Mavic
685029 685029 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLAM
lvl.1
United States

Same symptoms here, on both my new iPhone X and my 6s Plus running iOS 11.1 and 11.2 beta.  Aircraft is effectively bricked.

DJI, please address.

2017-11-5
Use props
TheEldar
New
Flight distance : 192946 ft
Germany

Same here with iPad Air, iOS11,1 and the newes FW for Mavic and RC
2017-11-5
Use props
fans2e6e16ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Issues here as well. iPhone X, iOS 11.1, Mavic Pro updated with DJI Assistant to the latest firmware on aircraft and control both. DJI Assistant removed and re-installed, and re-registered.

Connecting phone to remote and powering on remote and aircraft, the remote and aircraft connect and control fine. The DJI Go software just shows "disconnected." This occurs using both the side and bottom USB ports on the controller.
2017-11-5
Use props
MarkyC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 525302 ft
United Kingdom

My Iphone X worked fine for the first couple of flights now I am suffering the same fate as others on here, I hope DJI sort it quickly.
2017-11-5
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634245 ft
United States

So I understand this forum focus on the the iPhone X but just for troubleshooting I tried an iPhone 6s and everything worked like a charm with 11.1.

This must be an issue with iPhone X.

I even wiped the iPhone X to factory settings. Deleted every app I could and downloaded DJI Go 4.  Still NO LUCK!

I really hope DJI fixes this ASAP.
2017-11-5
Use props
sydneysiderj
New
Australia

I’ve emailed DJI Australia and this is their response:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support Australia.

We appriciate you for reporting this issue to us immediately. We feel bad about this unfortunate situation you're encountering right now regards to your DJI Go application that is now working on your new iPhone X. We always value customers, no worries we are very glad to assist you.

Try to Uninstall and Reinstall the Application DJI Go 4. However, we don't have any update yet regards to the compatibility between iPhone X and DJI  Go App.

We do understand your concern. As of the moment, we don't have any update regards to the compatibility between iPhone X and our Application. It has not yet been tested for a recommendation. Once it is available to be used for our DJI products it will be updated from our website.

No worries, we will forward this suggestion to our software engineers for review. So they can communicate with Apple. Your comments and suggestion are important to us.
2017-11-5
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

sydneysiderj Posted at 2017-11-5 15:57
I’ve emailed DJI Australia and this is their response:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support Australia.

Thanks for making the call.  They must have not tested anything with the iPhone X yet. The iPhone X did just come out 3 days ago. DJI must not be one of the elite to test out new products that Apple puts out.

You would have thought that since DJI application is more Apple based they would have sent DJI a demo device like they did 100's of youtubers.

Im really hoping they find a fix for this ASAP.

Thanks again sydneysiderJ for sharing.
2017-11-5
Use props
Andriusfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10799291 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here. App freezes...
But first flight was successful
2017-11-5
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

How did you all fly your drone before you got the iPhone X ?
I knew it wasn't going to work so I kept my iPhone 6s for that reason.
2017-11-6
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Are any of you able to get into the General Settings and click About in the GO4 app?  I have attached my version numbers for reference.  

Settings

Settings

Settings

Settings
2017-11-6
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

It seems as if there is ALOT of users having iPhone X issues. Youtubers are posting now.
2017-11-6
Use props
TheEldar
New
Flight distance : 192946 ft
Germany

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-6 00:42
How did you all fly your drone before you got the iPhone X ?
I knew it wasn't going to work so I kept my iPhone 6s for that reason.

the Problem is not only on iPhone X bacause i have a iPAd Air with iOS 11.1. and it has the same Problems like iPhone X.
2017-11-6
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Clearly 11.1 is working for some of us and not others so there must be something hardware/cable related going on as well as requiring a completely fresh installation of the Go4 app.  My iPhoneX with 11.1 is still functioning just fine.  I've tried using both the side slot and lower slot and both work fine too.
2017-11-6
Use props
sydneysiderj
New
Australia

anthonyb Posted at 2017-11-6 12:12
Clearly 11.1 is working for some of us and not others so there must be something hardware/cable related going on as well as requiring a completely fresh installation of the Go4 app.  My iPhoneX with 11.1 is still functioning just fine.  I've tried using both the side slot and lower slot and both work fine too.

What is a clean remove of DJI Go 4 app?
I think there are quite a few options but I’m wondering which one would work:
- deleting the app from home screen
- removing the app and data from iPhone storage setting
- use 3rd party file manager tool to remove (not sure how)
2017-11-6
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

Trying and trying I get nothing but this. I tried swapping out cables. I currently have a twitter thread open with DJI but they seems to be lacking on communication.

Here is a screen shot of what I get. I can't use any of the functions on screen.

2017-11-6
Use props
fans428ee8fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698268 ft
United States

Thank goodness I’m not alone., although I’m sorry for everyone’s same problem.

I got my phone Friday. I had one brief flight – which seemed to be fine. So, I traded in my 6 Plus.

I’m on iOS 11.1 and app ver. 4.1.16. I share all your listed problems. I’ve reinstalled, etc. the app freezes or boots me out.

Let’s all be sure to contact DJI and express our displeasure.
2017-11-6
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

sydneysiderj Posted at 2017-11-6 14:25
What is a clean remove of DJI Go 4 app?
I think there are quite a few options but I’m wondering which one would work:
- deleting the app from home screen

I had to remove it from storage settings and then synced it again once I reinstalled it.
2017-11-6
Use props
fans428ee8fd
lvl.1
United States

Tue 7:46 am: I just tried disabling Face ID to see if that was the problem. It wasn’t.
2017-11-7
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having same issues as the original poster with my iPhone X. Just updated the app to the very latest this morning. First it was having issues logging into my DJI account. Finally got in and then it was showing only like 3 or 4 buttons on the right side of screen (camera controls) and nothing else. Rebooted several times and finally got it to start the firmware update to the latest firmware on my Mavic Pro. After firmware update, app was still having freezing issues (entire app finally showed up but would immediately freeze and I couldn't press anything on screen. Had to force close.) After messing around with it for awhile, it appears that if you boot up the app BEFORE turning on the drone/controller and then letting it connect that all was finally well. Definitely a process!
2017-11-7
Use props
fans428ee8fd
lvl.1
United States

I just received answer from DJI Support. To paraphrase, “not all smartphones work with the DJI GO 4 app.

That’s a stupid answer. The iPhone X is the hottest selling smartphone on the market – and that’s their answer?

You folks need to email us.support@dji.com and demand that they fix this freeze up problem – quickly.
2017-11-7
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

fans428ee8fd Posted at 2017-11-7 12:22
I just received answer from DJI Support. To paraphrase, “not all smartphones work with the DJI GO 4 app.

That’s a stupid answer. The iPhone X is the hottest selling smartphone on the market – and that’s their answer?

I totally agree. This is someone at DJI not caring about looking into this. There is no way that there app won't be compatible with the iPhone X.

Im emailing now. *Please everyone else take 5 min and email "us.support@dji.com" and issue a ticket.
2017-11-7
Use props
syagan
New
United States

Same issue here, just emailed them to the email address you guys provided. Let's hope everybody does so they fix it quickly.
2017-11-7
Use props
SLAM
lvl.1
United States

This isn't 100% their fault.  iOS 11.1 introduced numerous issues.  In my case, it also won't connect to my Alpine car deck via USB.  It's not unlikely Apple issues an update that fixes this as a by-the-way before DJI fixes it in an app update.

That said, DJI does need to acknowledge this and work to help their customers out.
2017-11-7
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I'm sure their development team is waiting on backorder to get a physical device for testing along with a heap of other people.
2017-11-7
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

imwhitey Posted at 2017-11-7 07:19
Having same issues as the original poster with my iPhone X. Just updated the app to the very latest this morning. First it was having issues logging into my DJI account. Finally got in and then it was showing only like 3 or 4 buttons on the right side of screen (camera controls) and nothing else. Rebooted several times and finally got it to start the firmware update to the latest firmware on my Mavic Pro. After firmware update, app was still having freezing issues (entire app finally showed up but would immediately freeze and I couldn't press anything on screen. Had to force close.) After messing around with it for awhile, it appears that if you boot up the app BEFORE turning on the drone/controller and then letting it connect that all was finally well. Definitely a process!

So I decided to try your recommendation of turning on the Mavic Pro up and controller 1st. I then launched the application to see all the functions on the screen. Once I plug the cable in everything froze up. All functions were accessible before I plugged the iPhone X into the controller. Once I plugged it in; it locked up. Then the application crashed after 20sec.

I then decided to try the USB option with the same scenario. (Turn on Mavic and controller, launch the application) and same issue. Then again crashed after 20sec.

I don't understand why DJI doesn't acknowledge this issue on twitter etc. This is a major flaw.

Going on day 4 and I'm starting to have anxiety.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

The AppStore clearly states that the app supports the iPhone X. It says “works on this phone” and if you expand the list you see the iPhone X listed. I’m checking every day hoping to see an update that will fallow me to fly with my phone as the display.
E71BC635-BEB8-40C7-AE39-53073E483A49.png
C264CDB1-7EDD-4BA4-83DA-E32579E5EA68.png
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, our engineers are aware of this case, will do the best to get it resolved soon, please wait for the update. For now, if it is convenient, please use another mobile device temporarily.
Thank you so much for your support.
2017-11-7
Use props
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2386772 ft
Australia

Thanks Dji Thor that took from fri last week to get a response how long will the app update take!!!!!!
Said on the Dji web site that the iPhone X was supported that’s why I sold my iPhone 7!!!!!! Thanks Dji.
2017-11-7
Use props
fansca962cd2
New
Italy

Hi guys, this is the answer from support:

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We are constantly working to improve your DJI experience and your input is crucial to doing so.

This concern was already been forwarded to our R & D Department for future product enhancement.

Once a new update is released it will be posted on our website and on the DJI Go App itself.

Please bear with us on this matter.
Best Regards,

Cristian
DJI SUPPORT
2017-11-8
Use props
fansc5535df1
New
Flight distance : 12451 ft
United States

The app was just updated. Can someone confirm that the Mavic pro now works with the iPhone X
2017-11-8
Use props
HOTROD
New
United States

I'm having the same issue last night with my updated iphone 6 plus.  it work on my updated ipad pro but not on the iphone 6 plus.  I've tried everything from hard reset to deleting the dji go app and reinstalling it.  Does the DJI company have anything to say about this or fix.  This is ANNOYING AS F#@$%
2017-11-8
Use props
fansc5535df1
New
Flight distance : 12451 ft
United States

The update fixed mine. It now works with the iPhone X, although it is not optimized to fit the entire screen yet. Baby steps...
2017-11-8
Use props
fans428ee8fd
lvl.1
United States

SOLUTION! SOLUTION!

Hats off to the guy on here that suggested this: The problem, as he stated, was our not accepting the latest sterns and Conditions. However, none of us were presented the chance to accept them.

His solution-
• Delete The DJI GO 4 app
• You MUST then do a Hard Reset of your iPhone. On the iPhone X, do so by pushing Vol. Up button, then Vol. Dn button, then push and hold the Side button until you get the Apple logo

Restart your phone, go to the App Store and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app. Accept the terms – and you’re set.

You can plug into the RC either way. You don’t need to be in Airplane mode. You’re iPhone X has plenty of RAM and CPU.

CHECK ALL YOUR SETTINNGS, as some may have changed. You will lose flight records, but if you’ve been diligent sync them to DJI, you can do a full sync to recover them locally.

Any questions, email me at douglasmkinney@earthlink.net
2017-11-8
Use props
Andriusfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10799291 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansc5535df1 Posted at 2017-11-8 07:16
The app was just updated. Can someone confirm that the Mavic pro now works with the iPhone X

Yes, Mavic now works with the iPhone X;)
2017-11-8
Use props
Reecey_87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222884 ft
United Kingdom

Latest app update fixed mine. I can now use my iPhone X without the app crashing and now shows all of the controls again.
2017-11-8
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft
United States

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-11-5 12:13
Agonzarn thanks for sharing your order of power up / connection. I’ll try this.

I just connected via WiFi for the first time and flew that way for the first time. I’m not crazy about flying with virtual sticks on the screen but at least it was something.

So is the issue OS 11.1 or the iphone x? .... or both?
2017-11-8
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft
United States

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-3 13:53
Yeah I found it doesn’t work with the iPhone X yet. I’m keeping my old 6s+ around for that reason

I think the iOS version is the issue.  I received my X yesterday with v11.01 and did not update to 11.1 because of posts I saw here.  Everything seems to work ok.  I also didn't update the GO app yet when I saw the update today.  Im going to sit tight before I update either of them since everything works fine for now.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

Still not working for me.
2017-11-8
Use props
BRAD S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113586 ft
United States

iPhone X  works perfectly with my Spark on WiFi, but still shows disconnected even with all the latest updates and hard resets etc
2017-11-8
Use props
sydneysiderj
New
Australia

Works for me on iPhone X, no crashes anymore, but after every 3 minutes, the iPhone X will lose connection from the controller and I will have to unplug and plug the mini USB cable so that it’ll start connecting again. Does anyone experience the same?
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules