Delayed response to stick input
740 2 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I have flown my I2 many times over the course of the last eight months with no flight performnce issues at all.  The last time I flew it, however, the strangest thing started happening:
When directing the aircraft to descend there was a VERY noticeable delay in its response. If I continued to pull back on the stick the aircraft suddenly dropped down, as if trying to catch up to the command that it had momentarily ignored, and the landing gear came down. The app gave the verbal warning of landing gear activation.  When I rotated the RC's landing gear switch down, as though I wanted the landing gear down, but then rotated the switch back up the landing gear went back up and the aircraft flew normally. This happened several times in a row.

Although I had not seen it on this particular day, I had on my previous flight noticed the "MOBILE DEVICE CPU FULLY LOADED. PERFORMANCE WILL BE AFFECTED" message while flying.

I recently became aware, through this forum, that the Ipad Mini 2 has become obsolete for our purposes because of its processing limitations. Does anyone have an oppinion about whether my apparently now outdated Ipad mini 2 is the problem - or is it likely to be more than that?

(I know... I'll fork out more money for a later model Ipad, anyway.)

2017-11-3
Use props
KidIcarus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

I had the same thing happen but, delayed climb response.  And I have the ipad pro 9.7 with no warnings.
2017-11-3
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

KidIcarus Posted at 2017-11-3 07:24
I had the same thing happen but, delayed climb response.  And I have the ipad pro 9.7 with no warnings.

Well, when I flew the I2 today I didn't see any sign of ths problem again. Hopefully, it was just one of those transient issues that high-tech devices are prone to.

Update - 11/10/17
I've flown several times more and seen so sign of the delay in stick response at all. I've now upgraded to the Ipad Pro 10.5" and loaded the DJI Go4 app onto it. Things are looking good.
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules