Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI app screws me out of an entire day
1405 21 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airmon
New
Flight distance : 3287 ft
United States

I just drove 40+ miles of off road trails ( through Capitol Reef NP ) to get to where I wanted to film, in the Fishlake NF. Everything worked FINE before I left, but when I arrived, the DJI app had logged itself out and I was UNABLE to use it since there was no internet access up here.
I had to drive ALL THE WAY BACK without shooting any video. Nothing.

An ENTIRE DAY AND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FREAKING WASTED!!!!! Next day, too windy. Lost the whole opportunity because of this.

DAMMIT, DJI, FIX THIS!!!!!!!
2017-11-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry to hear.

You might consider a P2V+ in such situations for emergency backup.  
2017-11-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good idea to make sure you're have logged in sometime soon before you leave.

2017-11-3
Use props
prite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432602 ft
United Kingdom

i use my phone internet access.. when needed when im out and about
2017-11-3
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would just fly without the GO APP and just go old school if I have travel this far to fly the drone.
2017-11-3
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-11-3 12:27
I would just fly without the GO APP and just go old school if I have travel this far to fly the drone.

With the latest firmware you can't do that.
2017-11-3
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

CraigR Posted at 2017-11-3 12:34
With the latest firmware you can't do that.

Hence my trusty old P3S, running on its old firmware with its own off the grid tablet since it came out of the box couple of years ago.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. For a planning flight, a fully pre-flight checklist is always recommended in advance. Alternatively, you can take another recommended mobile with DJI GO for backup.
2017-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 23:00
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. For a planning flight, a fully pre-flight checklist is always recommended in advance. Alternatively, you can take another recommended mobile with DJI GO for backup.

That's great advice DJI Susan. But not everyone can afford two appropriate devices.

What other words of wisdom could you suggest? I don't have a cell phone, or another device that could be utilized in a similar situation, so I would be in the same boat.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-3
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

How would a backup device help (assuming a person is rich enough to just have a spare device hanging around just in case)? The backup device would likely have the same problem as the main device.

Similarly, how would a pre-flight checklist help? What item should be added to the checklist (make sure device works in remote location before I get there doesn't seem workable)?

Edit: I'd like to also add that this issue is clearly not an issue with the mobile device making having a backup mobile device even more futile
2017-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I suppose you could fire everything up at home and see that it all works correctly, but leave your tablet on, during the trip out to the flight area.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-3
Use props
letacica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9685 ft
Croatia

I flew in June in area without any mobile signal, without any tinny possibility of internet. I had no problem at all.
2017-11-4
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

letacica Posted at 2017-11-4 02:51
I flew in June in area without any mobile signal, without any tinny possibility of internet. I had no problem at all.

The problem was not the OP couldn't fly in an area without internet, its that the app had logged out of his account and he had no way of signing in because of the no internet. I always carry my phone so if I'm in that situation I can use my phone as a mobile hotspot (assuming my phone has signal)
2017-11-4
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is a simple solution for this.
Dont force people to log-in into the App.
2017-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Skyclip Posted at 2017-11-4 11:33
There is a simple solution for this.
Dont force people to log-in into the App.

Good advice. I'll call Frank Wang and suggest just that... ;-)

I wonder if he's very busy today?? Chuckles

Yes, we need to get this stuff to work for everybody, at all times, and any location...
Except scuba divers, they have their own submarine drones.... Wicked grin

Isn't St.Maarten beautiful?

RedHotPoker

2017-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-3 12:14
Good idea to make sure you're have logged in sometime soon before you leave.

Why the large gape in the post above?

Did you over react? Hahaha
That just seemed like a large blank screen...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-4 12:15
Why the large gape in the post above?

Did you over react? Hahaha

Long winded blank, like somebody else we know, lol
2017-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hahaha, yes, always and all ways.

Maybe I should buy a lovely hot air balloon, and sail around the globe, on my own breaths.
image.jpeg
Just keep me talking, and we will get there...

RedHotPoker

2017-11-4
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-11-3 12:27

+1 That's why I have Litchi as a backup. Also, OP should know his system better.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-3 23:19
That's great advice DJI Susan. But not everyone can afford two appropriate devices.

What other words of wisdom could you suggest? I don't have a cell phone, or another device that could be utilized in a similar situation, so I would be in the same boat.

I do not have much wisdom. Personally, I like being accompanied to share the pleasure of flight, especially when taking a large drone with a long distance. That's all.
2017-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, it's great to fly in unison.. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-7
Use props
santofilme
lvl.2