One early morning
1189 21 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I went up early one summer morning to get some footage over my little hometown. I tried to get it in one sequence to get rid of all editing it's hard cause I make some movements a little hard even if I adjusted the parameters to low values to get it "fluent". It is of course a time saver if you dont have to spend time on post in any kind.

2017-11-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Good colours, very realistic. Which colour profile did you have it set to on the Mavic?
2017-11-3
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-3 22:31
Good colours, very realistic. Which colour profile did you have it set to on the Mavic?

Thanks Jenee 2, I'm having Cinelike and style -1 0 0 and that works for me since I don't want to do so much post. What I have realized is that the Mavic is really sensitive about the light so in the same conditions as here no problem.

Happy flying
2017-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Great job! Thanks for sharing with us! Have a nice weekend!
2017-11-4
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice footage, Mavic is King.
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Thank you very much MontFrooij,
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-4 03:04
Great job! Thanks for sharing with us! Have a nice weekend!

Thank you very much, and I wish you the same
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-4 03:21
Nice footage, Mavic is King.

Thank you very much, could't agree more

happy flying
2017-11-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done! great job.
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-4 08:24
Very nicely done! great job.

Thank you so very much,

Happy flying
2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job really nice, I always wondered if you could do something like that using waypoints save and then when the snow comes follow the same course and try to merge both videos, I’m sure you could do the same with a nighttime and daytime rules permitting. Bigger project maybe when we have more time.
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-4 10:31
Good job really nice, I always wondered if you could do something like that using waypoints save and then when the snow comes follow the same course and try to merge both videos, I’m sure you could do the same with a nighttime and daytime rules permitting. Bigger project maybe when we have more time.

Hi. Thanks Hallmark, that is actually a really good idea. I have only tested waypoints twice and using it like that is a challenge and could create very cool effects, i.e. mixing two exposures in the same area. Hope you will find the time and that you have a lot of good light.

Get the time during X-mas if you are in Sweden then

Happy flying
2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2017-11-4 11:16
Hi. Thanks Hallmark, that is actually a really good idea. I have only tested waypoints twice and using it like that is a challenge and could create very cool effects, i.e. mixing two exposures in the same area. Hope you will find the time and that you have a lot of good light.

Get the time during X-mas if you are in Sweden then

I will be spending Christmas and new year in Sweden this year my first time so really looking forward to it , will be bringing my Mavic and Spark with me so hope to get some footage of your beautiful winter.
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-4 11:23
I will be spending Christmas and new year in Sweden this year my first time so really looking forward to it , will be bringing my Mavic and Spark with me so hope to get some footage of your beautiful winter.

Sounds nice, I really hope we get some snow then. How do you think the Spark performs in comparison?

2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2017-11-4 11:35
Sounds nice, I really hope we get some snow then. How do you think the Spark performs in comparison?

It’s really not fair to compare, they are both very different.
Spark takes really nice sharp video but only in 1080 30 FPS so it’s a bit limited but quality is very good, it takes good photos 12mp no raw but again images are very sharp. It has lots of selfie type features and has a very good and simple program for doing 180 panos and now 360 pano and spherical these turn out really well and simple to touch up in photoshop CC.
It flys exceptionally well good speed in sport mode at just over 50kph . It’s really small very easy to carry around very easy to get started, one of the big benefits of flying it is everyone seems to love it you never get the impression that people are threatened by it you can fly it almost anywhere without any fuss, it’s great fun to fly. My opinion.
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-4 12:54
It’s really not fair to compare, they are both very different.
Spark takes really nice sharp video but only in 1080 30 FPS so it’s a bit limited but quality is very good, it takes good photos 12mp no raw but again images are very sharp. It has lots of selfie type features and has a very good and simple program for doing 180 panos and now 360 pano and spherical these turn out really well and simple to touch up in photoshop CC.
It flys exceptionally well good speed in sport mode at just over 50kph . It’s really small very easy to carry around very easy to get started, one of the big benefits of flying it is everyone seems to love it you never get the impression that people are threatened by it you can fly it almost anywhere without any fuss, it’s great fun to fly. My opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to write a little review.

Sharp video is sharp video even in 1080 so that sounds good, and if the photos are sharp also then it's really nice from that perspective. I have seen that it has a lot of "modes" have tried some of them on the Mavic and yes they are nice. I so would like to have some modes from the P4 Pro? also.

It seems like it's a fast little machine with good quality then. Must be good to have two machines from a battery perspective also.  It's so "fun" about this about feeling threatened I have still not meet someone that are "hostile" when I fly. It's actually the other way around, people come and wan't to have a look and a little chat.  Which is a way to calm people down about the danger with this Drone flying discussion, that pops up from time to time.

I have only good experiences in that area, knock on wood.

Once again, Thank you Hallmark.  
2017-11-4
Use props
Boston_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2854 ft
New Zealand

This is soo nice! What Camera Settings are you using?
2017-11-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Boston_H Posted at 2017-11-4 16:33
This is soo nice! What Camera Settings are you using?

Thank you very much Boston_h

I'm having Cinelike and style -1 0 0 4K 30FPS (Manual mode and shutter on 60-80) and for this occasion I also used the Polarpro ND filter 32 I think it was.  The PolarPro filter are in my opinion very good.
You can leave them on and they deliver very good quality I would say.

Happy flying
2017-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flybee Posted at 2017-11-4 05:30
Thank you very much MontFrooij,

You're welcome!
2017-11-5
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Hope your project to save up goes well so you can be airborne soon.

Have a continued nice sunday.
2017-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flybee Posted at 2017-11-5 11:42
Hope your project to save up goes well so you can be airborne soon.

Have a continued nice sunday.

Yes, I hope so too!
Thanks and likewise.
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules