Refurbished Mavic
1544 3 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dedelen
lvl.1
United States

Just purchased a refurbished Mavic Pro from Amazon through DJI as the dwaler. Does anyone have any experience with this and know if there is anything I need to watch out for, or do specifically to make sure that I have no problems with my drone, or with a refurbished unit in general?
2017-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A refurb is usually when a brand new drone has been returned by it's original owner due to a fault. DJI replace it with a brand new unit and keep the broken one which is then fully restored to it's original condition and sold as a refurb at a substantially reduced price (I've seen 30% discounts on refurb Mavics). When you receive it check everything over carefully and follow the same preflight checks and updates that you would do normally as refurbs have the data cleared too. I've never bought a refurb myself but you shouldn't experience any more issues than if you bought brand new - some apparently have the odd mark or scratch but generally they are as good as new. The only thing I'm not sure on is what type of warranty/return policy it has.
2017-11-3
Use props
fansdf099539
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40863 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-3 13:10
A refurb is usually when a brand new drone has been returned by it's original owner due to a fault. DJI replace it with a brand new unit and keep the broken one which is then fully restored to it's original condition and sold as a refurb at a substantially reduced price (I've seen 30% discounts on refurb Mavics). When you receive it check everything over carefully and follow the same preflight checks and updates that you would do normally as refurbs have the data cleared too. I've never bought a refurb myself but you shouldn't experience any more issues than if you bought brand new - some apparently have the odd mark or scratch but generally they are as good as new. The only thing I'm not sure on is what type of warranty/return policy it has.

I bought a refurb Phantom 4 from DJI at a great price. Item came looking brand new. Worked without a problem

Most of the refurb items are damaged drones that are then fixed till new condition and sent back with an R in the serial number. They can still get the warranty and refresh if needed as DJI considers them new.

I have heard of many people buying a refurb without an issue.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The refurbished units enjoy the same warranty as brand new units. I would recommend you purchase it from the official store: https://store.dji.com/
2017-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules