Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO PRO Lighting
1510 3 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there,

I am a real estate photography which recently begun doing short videos for my clients with the Osmo pro. I have noticed (particularly in new houses) on occasions, I get horrible horizontal banding when the lights are turned on. I understand this is because of the cheap LED lights use low-frequency PWM.

I was looking at alternative lighting solutions. Shooting is daytime, indoors. Lighting varies depending on the home.

Lastly, it's a small part of what we do, so trying to keep this on a budget.

I came across the Sony HVL LE1 LED Light;

How would this go with the Osmo pro? And what can my expectations be as far as how good the lighting will be with this modest setup? OR

If members recommend something else of a similar budget?

Thanks very much,
2017-11-3
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

Hey there! So firstly I would suggest focusing video on the natural lighting in the house. You can look at the orientation of the house. For example, Sun rises East to West and Noon and find the best time for the best lighting. There are several apps to do this. UAV forecast and SUNSEEKER are two good weather app examples. Secondly, if you wanted to go with an additional light for your Osmo Pro I would focus on lenses that have a low (wide) aperture. If you wanted a light I would not suggest the SONY HVL LE1 it's wayy overpriced. You can get about 5 Neweer LED panels for the price of that one.

Neewer offers a few options, but the Neewer 160 LED panel is a cheap, compact, and portable option. They come with diffuser panels but you can also get a mini soft box diffuser for it. In terms of setting it up you'd need a universal mount here is a great option . DJI offers a universal mount, but its pretty small and limited. With the one, I linked you can attach it to a tripod, or have multiple led panels or led panels and a mic. Imagine two universal mounts, on the left and one of the right providing an equal balance of lighting. I also found this Neewer 216 LED Panel which is $8, but provides a more powerful light. I think the 216 or the 160 panel coupled with the mini softbox I think will serve you well. check out the reviews if you have any additional questions. Hope I helped, and let me know if you need any additional help.
2017-11-3
Use props
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Felipe Olvera Posted at 2017-11-3 20:18
Hey there! So firstly I would suggest focusing video on the natural lighting in the house. You can look at the orientation of the house. For example, Sun rises East to West and Noon and find the best time for the best lighting. There are several apps to do this. UAV forecast and SUNSEEKER are two good weather app examples. Secondly, if you wanted to go with an additional light for your Osmo Pro I would focus on lenses that have a low (wide) aperture. If you wanted a light I would not suggest the SONY HVL LE1 it's wayy overpriced. You can get about 5 Neweer LED panels for the price of that one.

Neewer offers a few options, but the Neewer 160 LED panel is a cheap, compact, and portable option. They come with diffuser panels but you can also get a mini soft box diffuser for it. In terms of setting it up you'd need a universal mount here is a great option . DJI offers a universal mount, but its pretty small and limited. With the one, I linked you can attach it to a tripod, or have multiple led panels or led panels and a mic. Imagine two universal mounts, on the left and one of the right providing an equal balance of lighting. I also found this Neewer 216 LED Panel which is $8, but provides a more powerful light. I think the 216 or the 160 panel coupled with the mini softbox I think will serve you well. check out the reviews if you have any additional questions. Hope I helped, and let me know if you need any additional help.

Thanks, Felipe. You've been very helpful. I think that sounds like a better option.
2017-11-5
Use props
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

I purchased as you suggested. Great Idea. Works well
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules