Condensation in Lens
4365 19 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have only flew my mavic a few times and i`m getting Condensation  in my Camera, Can you Please suggest a way I can get Rid of it please,  Thanks .....
2017-11-3
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Are you using a filter?  If no, is it on the outside or inside of the lens?
2017-11-3
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No I`m not using a filter and it is on the inside , I have tried it at different times of day, it is clear before i turn Mavic on as soon as i take off  withen 10 / 15  feet it starts to mist up .
2017-11-3
Use props
Videolester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466624 ft
Canada

Mike245 Posted at 2017-11-3 15:49
No I`m not using a filter and it is on the inside , I have tried it at different times of day, it is clear before i turn Mavic on as soon as i take off  withen 10 / 15  feet it starts to mist up .

GENTLY warm the camera up with a hair dryer till it's REALLY warm but not overly too hot. The hot camera will allow the moisture to evaporate and escape from inside the camera after an hour or two, possibly sooner. I have done this with pro video lenses and DSLR cameras and it works. Just BE SURE you don't overheat the camera and cause any damage.
2017-11-3
Use props
Videolester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466624 ft
Canada

Mike245 Posted at 2017-11-3 15:49

This is usually caused by the camera being (or stored) in a damp/humid environment for awhile and then used in cold/colder environment. This will cause ANY trapped moisture in the unit to condense (fog up).
2017-11-3
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Condensation will occur when going from cold/dry to warm/moist air. As in the winter, coming in the house from outside, my glass fog up. What is the air conditions where you are having the problem. I can't think of a reason for moisture getting behind the lens. Pretty sure the lens is sealed againt dust and moisture.
2017-11-4
Use props
punkz
New
India

I have got the same problem...tried rice,kept under sun,silica......it seems no solution other than replacing ur cam
2017-11-4
Use props
punkz
New
India

Please help us out if some one has got any solution for this
2017-11-4
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I would chat with DJI about this if I were you, you should not be getting condensation on the inside of the lens. Out side yes, inside NO.
2017-11-4
Use props
punkz
New
India

I had contacted dji regarding this, but only thing they know is to ask us to ship the drone. I am from india where import export of drones is prohibited...took a risk to get this in...now am out of luck
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please leave the drone for a moment after powering on at the place where you are going to fly.
If the fog generates in the lens frequently and will not disappear, I suggest sending the drone in for repair. Thanks for the understanding.
2017-11-5
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you all for the Advice and help, Hi DJI Thor could you please confirm if the Camera is a sealed unit or could you please find out from someone at DJI that it should not be able to have any water enter the Camera therefore should not have a problem with condensation, I should not have to wait for it to warm up it should work straight out of the case, iv`e only flew it a few times and the last two times I have had to wait for the condensation to disappear, It is kept in my house in the case which is dry , I have another sports Camera which i take with me and don`t have any problems with that, Thank`s again...      
2017-11-5
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Thor this is a image of my lens , Thanks....
2017-11-9
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mike245 Posted at 2017-11-9 13:37
Hi DJI Thor this is a image of my lens [view_image], Thanks....

Hi Dji Thor, Could you please give me a answer to the above question about the Camera and if it is supposed to be sealed leaving the factory or not, I need to know for my house insurance, Thanks .....   
2017-11-18
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Mike245 Posted at 2017-11-9 13:37
Hi DJI Thor this is a image of my lens [view_image], Thanks....

I have the exact same problem to this, I cannot get rid of this spot of condensation. I will send a message to DJI also. My condensation spot is about 4x bigger.
2017-11-18
Use props
sparrott7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91827 ft
United States

I have the same problem with my Inspire 2 with X5S camera. Condensation inside lens - rendered my last 3 shoots completely unusable. Decades of experience with good slr and dslr cameras - the best lenses have tight seals so moisture doesn't get in lenses.
2018-1-10
Use props
liquidguru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232933 ft
Indonesia

I had/have the same problem. As I'm in Indonesia, but got the Mavic in the states, no chance to send for repair.

My solution is to use a filter on the lens (I use PolarPro). No more condensation.
2018-1-10
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
United Kingdom

liquidguru Posted at 2018-1-10 21:18
I had/have the same problem. As I'm in Indonesia, but got the Mavic in the states, no chance to send for repair.

My solution is to use a filter on the lens (I use PolarPro). No more condensation.

Hi, I still have the same problem , i`m going to send it back to DJI , i`m glad you have yours sorted out by putting a filter on the lens, I hope one day to get myself a set of filters the ones from the dji site.
2018-1-13
Use props
axmont
lvl.1
Ecuador

Am 5 months in S.America with an unusable Mavic.....condensation inside lens. Missed amazing shots due to condensation.  Hours wasted trying to solve problem.  I wish i would have got the Karma....go pro takes great shots.
2018-2-8
Use props
axmont
lvl.1
Ecuador

Am 5 months in S.America with an unusable Mavic.....condensation inside lens. Missed amazing shots due to condensation.  Hours wasted trying to solve problem.  I wish i would have got the Karma....go pro takes great shots.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules