Phantom 1 to Phantom 2 Experience
932 2 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tweety P2V2H33D
lvl.4

Australia

What happened to the customer service and support, firmware updates etc when the P2 came on the scene.

I am interested to know if there was an obvious decline in interest in the P1 when the P2 arrived and if so how soon did it have an effect.

How soon did the manufacture of the P1 cease?

I am concerned as a P2 flyer that the P2 has a long way to go as far as reliability, function improvements etc and with the P3 launch DJI will abandon any work on firmware updates and hardware improvements.

I wonder how many P1's were manufactured (are they still being manufactured?) and when will DJI cease P2 manufacture?

Regards

Guy

2015-4-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the P1 to P2 is anything to go by then is worry as well. DJI will leave you high and dry mate.  I love my Phantom but DJI after sales/customer service sucks!
2015-4-10
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

phantom 1 were still showing on DJI site a few weeks back as well as a "new fc40". It also seems they brought back a basic Phantom vision at 499

I thinks we are good to go for a long while, Likely to loose or crash before parts and stuff disappear no matter !

I tend to not worry about things that are far off in the future and enjoy what I have today.

It so much more fun that way!

have fun and fly!

Really think about the aftermarket support growing around these. I have never nor will I ever contact DJI for support.
Other than out of box failure I tend to self fix things, faster and less frustrating in long run than dealing with large customer no service
2015-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules