DJI Go settings reset - cost me audio recording. Why reset?
489 3 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

So, after the latest update of DJI GO app on iPhone, I did a flight today, where I was speaking out comments about flight conditions and video condiguration while flying.

After coming back and reviewing the footage in the cache, I discovered that it was silent!

Upon reviewing the Video Cache settings, I noticed that:
- Maximum video cache capacity was reset from Auto to 2GB
- Clear cache automatically became disabled
- Record audio with cideo cache became disabled

In other words all my useful settings were reset to completely useless defaults!

(On a previous update, the app reset my C1 and C2 settings)

Why does DJI GO have to do this?

And if it really must reset settings, cannot it at least show a summary of which settings it reset (including from which value and to which value), so that we can go back and reconfigure the aircraft?

2017-11-4
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Settings are usually reset to factory after an update. This issue has been stated many times here. I always go through my settings after an update, and usually check them at least once a week anyway
2017-11-4
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-4 07:36
Settings are usually reset to factory after an update. This issue has been stated many times here. I always go through my settings after an update, and usually check them at least once a week anyway

It's the inconsistency of what gets reset and what does not that is a problem, and it times you may overlook one setting or another.

Thus my suggestion that the app should present a summary of the settings were affected.
2017-11-4
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Good Point. I have been tempted to screen shot my settings pages, since i can't remember how i have them all set up.
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules