5856 24 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lakshman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26532 ft
United States

Hello,
I purcahsed a DJI Pro Mavic from Amazon on November 2nd that arrived yesterday afternoon (Nov 3rd) around 1:00 p.m. CDT. When trying to purchase DJI Care refresh for it I get the following error (in red below). I literally opened the seal on the package at 5:00 p.m. CDT (US) yesterday and was receiving the error when I tried to purchase DJI care refresh.
When I called their support they said that since I hadnt activated the drone yet that error is expected and that I would be able to purchase DJI Care Refresh after I activate it and the serial number is recognized in the system.
I activated it last night around 9:00 p.m. (CDT) but still get this error. I can't call them today because they ar eonly open M-F and by the tme Monday rolls around the 48 hours will have passed.
I'm stuck..any assitance would be appreciated.
Your aircraft has been activated over 48 hours. You cannot purchase DJI Care Refresh.
Gimbal S/N can't be blank
Gimbal S/N You've purchased DJI Care for this aircraft before.

2017-11-4
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Sounds like someone had activated you MP, sent it back, it got repackaged and resold to you. That happened to me with a MacMini I bought from BB a few years ago. Thought it was new out of the box, but it wasn't. Bummer. I would send it back if I were you.
2017-11-4
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like someone already have activated your bird before you, it might have been used and re-package.  Contact customer service they might be able to help you.
2017-11-4
Use props
CalvinC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

If the drone is really brand new, after you’ve activated it. When you open the DJI go app, it will remind you that you have 48 hours to purchase the dji care refresh.
2017-11-4
Use props
Lakshman
lvl.1
United States

CalvinC Posted at 2017-11-4 08:21
If the drone is really brand new, after you’ve activated it. When you open the DJI go app, it will remind you that you have 48 hours to purchase the dji care refresh.

Yes I know. It did and gave me the same error when I tried to purchase Care refresh through the app.
2017-11-4
Use props
Lakshman
lvl.1
United States

Lakshman Posted at 2017-11-4 10:12
Yes I know. It did and gave me the same error when I tried to purchase Care refresh through the app.

And what makes you think that the drone isn't "really brand new"?
2017-11-4
Use props
Lakshman
lvl.1
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-4 07:32
Sounds like someone had activated you MP, sent it back, it got repackaged and resold to you. That happened to me with a MacMini I bought from BB a few years ago. Thought it was new out of the box, but it wasn't. Bummer. I would send it back if I were you.

thanks for the input. Thats quite possible I suppose
2017-11-4
Use props
Lakshman
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-4 08:08
Seems like someone already have activated your bird before you, it might have been used and re-package.  Contact customer service they might be able to help you.

thank you. I plan to do that Mon
2017-11-4
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lakshman Posted at 2017-11-4 10:19
thank you. I plan to do that Mon

Hope it works out for you.
2017-11-4
Use props
Aran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2726 ft
United States

I had the exact same issue yesterday but ordered via Newegg and contacted online customer support. They told me to send an explanation and a screenshot of the error to djicare@dji.com and just to be thorough I included a screenshot of my receipt from Newegg as well as a screenshot of the FedEx shipping page to prove I had only just received it when I said I had.

I got an email back within an hour that they had forwarded it to the department that handles that sort of issue and within a few hours it was good to go, and I got my DJI Care Refresh package bought just an hour before the first time I ran my Mavic face first into something and watched it take a dirt nap. A few scuffs cleaned up and a new propeller later and I don't need to use my first Refresh quite yet...
2017-11-4
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can still purchase the DJI Care but you'll need to send DJI, a couple of videos to prove the condition if you can't get the initial activation coverage.

This link might be helpful:

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2017-11-4
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Good thing you purchased through Amazon, If i were you I would return the drone back through A-Z claim since I don't want a pre-owned/activated drone for the money I paid to get a brand new, Order directly from DJI is much better
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide me with your serial number? Besides, for your case, please contact djicare@dji.com for a further help.
2017-11-4
Use props
Lakshman
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for all the inputs. This issue is now resolved and I was able to purchase Care Refresh. Took it out on my first flight..
What. A. Blast!
2017-11-5
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good stuff, glad you secured it...enjoy flying !  
2017-11-5
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Glad to hear. It is a Blast, isn't it. I always want to fly and airplane, this is as close as I came.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Lakshman Posted at 2017-11-5 10:09
Thanks for all the inputs. This issue is now resolved and I was able to purchase Care Refresh. Took it out on my first flight..
What. A. Blast!

Thank you for your feedback. Happy flying!
2017-11-5
Use props
fans944583bd
lvl.1
Canada

Lakshman Posted at 2017-11-5 10:09
Thanks for all the inputs. This issue is now resolved and I was able to purchase Care Refresh. Took it out on my first flight..
What. A. Blast!

How did you resolve the issue? I am getting an erro when buying dji care that this s/n has dji care refresh already. But when I called customer service they said it did not have DCR.
2018-2-16
Use props
fans398e584d
New
Flight distance : 645272 ft
Italy

fans944583bd Posted at 2018-2-16 14:44
How did you resolve the issue? I am getting an erro when buying dji care that this s/n has dji care refresh already. But when I called customer service they said it did not have DCR.

Same issue for me , serial was not recognized .
But source of problem was the fact that I was trying to activate one Care refresh for mavic pro with the SN of Platinum model   .
once I select the correct one all was ok ...
( note :   care refresh for mavic pro 119 eu ,   for platinum 149 ...this is the point )
2018-5-25
Use props
okiedrone
lvl.2

I just purchased mine and I get the same error message.. DJi support thru email has not been helpful at all .
2018-5-30
Use props
Jesús Rivera
New
Flight distance : 32828 ft
Mexico

Hi Lakshman, excuse me, how did you solve your issue? I contacted with DJI Care Support but they really are not giving to me a support
2019-1-1
Use props
fredguenther
lvl.2
United States

I had the same problem with a Phantom 4 RTK.  I activated it, and notified DJI and heard nothing for over a day and someone said to send an email to support and still heard nothing until the clock ran out on my 48 hours.
2019-5-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Would be nice to see Lakshman return and share how he resolved his issue.  I'm interested in finding out.
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fredguenther Posted at 5-14 11:18
I had the same problem with a Phantom 4 RTK.  I activated it, and notified DJI and heard nothing for over a day and someone said to send an email to support and still heard nothing until the clock ran out on my 48 hours.

Hi fredguenther, I see Gamora has replied your own thread, please keep us updated there if you have any further concern.
2019-5-15
Use props
djiuser_SceldiOYae2t
lvl.1

United States

Had the same issue using safari on my iPad.  Switched to Chrome on iPad and all worked fine.
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules