Tablet For PH4
1958 24 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GunsnRoses_
New
Georgia

Hi guys, can you suggest me the best  choise of a tablet for my PH4?
Or maybe can someone give me some information
about

• [url=]

[/url]
  • [url=]

[/url]
  • [url=]

[/url]
  • [url=]

[/url]

ZTE Trek 2 HD K88 Wi-Fi GSM AT&T tablet?
2017-11-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2  (8" screen) running Android v7 (nougat) works for me, with Phantom 4 Standard.
2017-11-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha GunsnRoses,

The ASUS ZenPad S3 9.7" is also a very good option.  It is available for less than $300 US usually.  Look into the specs for any tablet you think about.  The DJI apps and firmware only get more demanding of your tablet as time goes on.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-4
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

This comprehensive list may help you out - http://www.droneriot.com/best-dji-go-compatible-tablets/
2017-11-6
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about Android with P4P . Seems to be a lot of freezes and crashes whereas the iPad doesn't.
2017-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-11-4 14:18
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2  (8" screen) running Android v7 (nougat) works for me, with Phantom 4 Standard.

I am considering the S3 (with pencil) as my new tab (replacing an old Note10.1) and use that for DJI Go4 also.
Do you have issues (I read some complaints about Samsung + DJI Go4)
And do have a sunhood?
2017-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansd77b4cd0 Posted at 2017-11-6 19:07
This comprehensive list may help you out  - http://www.droneriot.com/best-dji-go-compatible-tablets/

Thanks for that!
2017-11-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-6 23:52
I am considering the S3 (with pencil) as my new tab (replacing an old Note10.1) and use that for DJI Go4 also.
Do you have issues (I read some complaints about Samsung + DJI Go4)
And do have a sunhood?

Daag Montfrooj. In terms of performance, the only issue I have with the Tab S2 hardware is battery drain.  It does seem rather quick.  For the software (both DJI GO4  and Litchi) I have to go through the rigmarole (tiresome procedure) of clearing defaults and rebooting each time I connect the tablet to the RC.  Sometimes it works straight away, sometimes I have to fiddle about for upto ten minutes to get the two to talk to eachother.  Even when both have their batteries fully charged.  It's quite random and I'm unable to explain why.  Once that hurdle is overcome, everything is great.  As to the sun hood, I think it would be an advantage.  I usually manage to choose a shady spot if the sun is out, but even with the screen set to full bright it can be hard to see on the brightest days
2017-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-11-7 03:47
Daag Montfrooj. In terms of performance, the only issue I have with the Tab S2 hardware is battery drain.  It does seem rather quick.  For the software (both DJI GO4  and Litchi) I have to go through the rigmarole (tiresome procedure) of clearing defaults and rebooting each time I connect the tablet to the RC.  Sometimes it works straight away, sometimes I have to fiddle about for upto ten minutes to get the two to talk to eachother.  Even when both have their batteries fully charged.  It's quite random and I'm unable to explain why.  Once that hurdle is overcome, everything is great.  As to the sun hood, I think it would be an advantage.  I usually manage to choose a shady spot if the sun is out, but even with the screen set to full bright it can be hard to see on the brightest days

Thanks for your reply. That makes me wonder if I should go that route.
I usually don't like it when things are unreliable. Especially when you are in the process of creating something.
Right now I have no issues with my iPhone SE and DJI Go. Works all the time and no battery drain.
(only when I use the Filmic Pro app).
2017-11-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-7 04:25
Thanks for your reply. That makes me wonder if I should go that route.
I usually don't like it when things are unreliable. Especially when you are in the process of creating something.
Right now I have no issues with my iPhone SE and DJI Go. Works all the time and no battery drain.

If you have a setup which works reliably, I'd stick with that
2017-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-11-7 04:49
If you have a setup which works reliably, I'd stick with that

Not yet for a drone.
I can live with the small screen for my Osmo Mobile, but I think I will 'need' a bigger screen for drone shots.
Since I own a Samsung Note 10.1 (too old for Go4) and I use it every day for it's pencil (digital paper, no more paper in my suitcase) that is getting old and needs replacement, I am considering the S3.
Now that I also plan on buying a drone (probably P4A) I have the 'need' for a big screen.
It would be great if these two 'needs' can be combined so I don't need to buy two screens.
The iPad Pro is also on my list, but that is soo expensive and lacks GPS (at least the cheaper Wifi version).
Lot's to think about
2017-11-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-7 05:00
Not yet for a drone.
I can live with the small screen for my Osmo Mobile, but I think I will 'need' a bigger screen for drone shots.
Since I own a Samsung Note 10.1 (too old for Go4) and I use it every day for it's pencil (digital paper, no more paper in my suitcase) that is getting old and needs replacement, I am considering the S3.

Would the budget stretch to the DJI Crystal SKy dedicated monitor for DJI GO?
https://www.dji.com/crystalsky
A bit too pricey for me
2017-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-11-7 08:46
Would the budget stretch to the DJI Crystal SKy dedicated monitor for DJI GO?
https://www.dji.com/crystalsky
A bit too pricey for me

Yes, I am thinking about that also, but that would not allow for 3rd party apps and be rather costly (since I also need a new tablet).
Not sure yet.
So many choices and not so much budget ;)
2017-11-7
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-7 10:47
Yes, I am thinking about that also, but that would not allow for 3rd party apps and be rather costly (since I also need a new tablet).
Not sure yet.
So many choices and not so much budget ;)

The NVIDIA Shield K-1 works quite will with my P4, and it is less than $200.
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

boykintom Posted at 2017-11-8 02:54
The NVIDIA Shield K-1 works quite will with my P4, and it is less than $200.

Never heard of that, but looks nice.
Do you also have a mobile connected? Like for running DJI Go4?
2017-11-8
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a ASUS ZenPad S8 for a while.  Worked fairly well, but a bit glitchy in video at times.  I later got an iPad Mini 4 and never looked back.  Less glare on screen, better performance, no glitches..  Also much easier to switch between different P4 apps.
2017-11-8
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-8 03:40
Never heard of that, but looks nice.
Do you also have a mobile connected? Like for running DJI Go4?

When I run GO4, which is rarely since I much prefer Litchi, I use wifi to download maps and updates, but I can connect a mobile phone to the tablet by Bluetooth if I need to.  BTW, when I bought the Shield last November it was under $200 new.  However, it is apparently now out of production and used ones go for $200 or so, with new ones around $350.  I think if I ever need another tablet I'll go with the latest version of the Ipad.
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

boykintom Posted at 2017-11-8 13:47
When I run GO4, which is rarely since I much prefer Litchi, I use wifi to download maps and updates, but I can connect a mobile phone to the tablet by Bluetooth if I need to.  BTW, when I bought the Shield last November it was under $200 new.  However, it is apparently now out of production and used ones go for $200 or so, with new ones around $350.  I think if I ever need another tablet I'll go with the latest version of the Ipad.

Ok, and on what device do you run Litchi?
On the NVIDIA?
2017-11-8
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-8 13:49
Ok, and on what device do you run Litchi?
On the NVIDIA?

Yes, I run Litchi with very few issues on the NVIDIA Shield K1.  I set the video preview quality at 4Mbps and use channel 20 for video and have glitch free video reception almost everywhere I fly.  There is also very little lag with this setup.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you use the devices in the recommended list.
PH4.PNG
2017-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

boykintom Posted at 2017-11-11 01:20
Yes, I run Litchi with very few issues on the NVIDIA Shield K1.  I set the video preview quality at 4Mbps and use channel 20 for video and have glitch free video reception almost everywhere I fly.  There is also very little lag with this setup.

Good to know!
2017-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-11 02:34
I would recommend you use the devices in the recommended list.

I notice the latest devices are not listed?
Like iPad Pro 10.5 or iPhone 8 / X
Samsung tab S3.
Is that on purpose?
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-11 04:34
I notice the latest devices are not listed?
Like iPad Pro 10.5 or iPhone 8 / X
Samsung tab S3.

Please note that the new devices are not fully texted. And we will update the list if the performance is stable. If you have this device, you can use it and reflect the problems you meet.
2017-11-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-13 01:59
Please note that the new devices are not fully texted. And we will update the list if the performance is stable. If you have this device, you can use it and reflect the problems you meet.

Thanks for the update!
No issues yet
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-13 02:08
Thanks for the update!
No issues yet

You are welcome. Any question, feel free to talk.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules