12Next >
5128 78 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse1e48bd9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16076 ft
United States

Hi, I first noticed the shaking in video once I put on a Panasonic 14-42mm lens. The shake is not noticable at 14mm but is very noticable at higher zoom levels. Also the Inspire 2 is not very stable in flight once the landing gear is up but I just thought it was due to all the windy days we were having here.  I tried a Olimpus 45mm an the same shake was in the video.  Today there was finally no wind so I went out to test it and that is when I noticed not only the same shake in the video, but also the entire Inspire 2 shaking when the landing gear is rased.  The drone flys very stable while landing gear is down but once rased it is shaking so much that the antivibration mount and gimbal have no way to correct it.  I have swapped out the propellers and the mounts with the extra mounts provided but still no change.  I found a threat on another forum of someone having this same problem along with a few other people commenting they have the same problem but noone with a resolution.  I have since gone back to see my previous footage with the stock 15mm lens and when zoomed into footage you notice a jello effect.  I have been using footage both shot on SD card and SSD.

Please help.
2017-11-4
Use props
fanse1e48bd9
lvl.2
United States

I did notice the shake is very noticable only in a hover and seams to almost go away when any remote input is applied.  Please help.  Video of shake:   Footage from X5S:
2017-11-4
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you checked to see if there is anything loose, arms motors etc.?
2017-11-5
Use props
Nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Well mine would be absolute stable in no wind conditions.
You should do a Compass and IMU calibration and see if that fix it. ( I am not one that calibrate those to often but in this case yes )

For the footage - I assume that you have balanced the camera properly - for the 14 - 42 that could be a pain - for the 45mm and the 15 mm it is easy but still important.

If this is not working for you - I am afraid this is a return to DJI
2017-11-5
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

@ Mark Guille,
Yes I have checked and rechecked for anything loose, even checked for loose motors, landing gear arms, props, prop mounts, with and without gimbal, Done IMU Calibration on a completely leveled surface with a bubble level, Done compass calibration multiple times in different locations miles apart, Recalibrated the Vision Positioning and obstacle avoidance sensors 2 times. Reinstalled the firmware with both the mobile app and the DJI Assistant on computer as well as reset drone to factory defaults.

@ Nilsblix
Yes I have all my lenses balanced with DJI balance rings. but the body vibration even happens when the gimbal is not installed. And if you put your hand on the drone when it is shaking you can feel just how harsh it is. I am amazed the footage isn't even worse then that.

I have submitted a ticket to DJI but haven't received a response past there automated reply that they received what I've sent.
2017-11-5
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

try different props
2017-11-6
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

are you on latest firmware, If so do a refresh in assistant 2 and if no better send it in, I have seen one other doing that and it was an FC issue.
2017-11-6
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

I have tried diferent props and even tried a friends foam pack props with no luck i also tried the spacer inder the spring under the prop mounts that made the props so snug they had no wiggle at all, but that had no effect on the aircraft shaking while landing gear is up.

DJI said it is a warenty issue because it has been there since I first took it out of the box so i have sent it off to them last week and hope for good news soon.
This is a terible time of year to be without that drone just for the 5.2K Raw files. Wish I still had my Inspire 1 Raw.
2017-11-12
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Also does anyone know how to balance the DJI props for the inspire 2?
2017-11-12
Use props
fans6255426d
lvl.1
United States

my inspire 2 is doing exactly the same thing.   video shows it hovering next to my mavic.   called DJI.  did the factory reset, firmware reinstall, followed by IMU and compass calibration.  No luck.   Others are complaining about the same issue
2017-11-12
Use props
fans6255426d
lvl.1
United States

fans6255426d Posted at 2017-11-12 12:01
https://vimeo.com/242468042

my inspire 2 is doing exactly the same thing.   video shows it hovering next to my mavic.   called DJI.  did the factory reset, firmware reinstall, followed by IMU and compass calibration.  No luck.   Others are complaining about the same issue

more on my previous reply....  I said mine is doing exactly the same thing.   However, my Inspire isn't "shaking" as much as it is drifting significantly when hovering.   Is that what you are experiencing, too?  It looks like that from the video you posted.
2017-11-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans6255426d Posted at 2017-11-12 12:01

Same here.  Wobbles and drifts.

Don't know if it is due to the VPS and it deciding whether or not to lower the legs for landing.  I've tried it higher up and it still throbs and drifts about.  Did all the standard calibration stuff along with a refresh of the current firmware (Since that's all we can go back to.).  Mine has hovered at 30 degrees too which seemed odd as no wind was around, but it just decided to park and sit that way.

Might be related to the P4 flight instability issues too.  The Mavics seems very steady though for some reason.

2017-11-12
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-12 12:57

Don't know if it is due to the VPS and it deciding whether or not to lower the legs for landing.  I've tried it higher up and it still throbs and drifts about.  did all the standard calibration stuff along with a refresh of the current firmware (Since that's all we can go back to.).  Mine has hovered at 30 degrees too which seemed odd as no wind was around, but it just decided to park and sit that way.

My guess is that if it were a prop issue or an issue with the camera then it would appear regardless of the landing gear position, not only when raised.  Check for any play in the arms and linkage when the gear is raised.  
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JeremyPCP Posted at 2017-11-12 11:44
Also does anyone know how to balance the DJI props for the inspire 2?

Hi, Jeremy, we apologize for the late reply and unpleasant experience with our product.
Since you have sent in the drone, our repair team will take good care of it and get it addressed.
Can you please provide me the case number? I will keep an eye on it, and if you need any assistance during the repair process, please let me know any time.

For propellers, there is no need to balance them.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6255426d Posted at 2017-11-12 12:21
more on my previous reply....  I said mine is doing exactly the same thing.   However, my Inspire isn't "shaking" as much as it is drifting significantly when hovering.   Is that what you are experiencing, too?  It looks like that from the video you posted.

We have just replied in your own thread, please keep us updated there, thanks.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-12 12:57

Don't know if it is due to the VPS and it deciding whether or not to lower the legs for landing.  I've tried it higher up and it still throbs and drifts about.  Did all the standard calibration stuff along with a refresh of the current firmware (Since that's all we can go back to.).  Mine has hovered at 30 degrees too which seemed odd as no wind was around, but it just decided to park and sit that way.

Whether or not landing gears raise is determined by the height data from different sensors during take-off. Whether or not landing gears lower is based on the ultrasonic sensor data.
But there is Hovering Accuracy even GPS is strong.
Vertical: ±1.64 feet (0.5 m) or ±0.33 feet (0.1 m, Downward Vision System enabled)
Horizontal: ±4.92 feet (1.5 m) or ±0.98 feet (0.3 m, Downward Vision System enabled)
A short video would be more convenient for us to analyze, thank you.
2017-11-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 00:13
Whether or not landing gears raise is determined by the height data from different sensors during take-off. Whether or not landing gears lower is based on the ultrasonic sensor data.
But there is Hovering Accuracy even GPS is strong.
Vertical: ±1.64 feet (0.5 m) or ±0.33 feet (0.1 m, Downward Vision System enabled)

Thanks Mindy for the hovering information.

So the video of the I2 hovering displayed above by fans6255426d (Post #10) is therefore normal given a horizontal of 10 feet and vertical movement of 3 feet per the specs you list.  Seems like a lot of movement though compared to his Mavic, but if that is normal operation for the I2 I guess I'll live with it.

Aside, it does seem the smaller the drone the better they hover.  Seems counter-intuitive.  Maybe being smaller they are more responsive like the FPV racer's drones where they fly them into their truck's open window and land beside them on the seat, but I dunno.

2017-11-13
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

I am very sorry for my absence. Life has been happening all week if you know what I mean. My DJI case number is: CAS-1195043-Y7D3M2

The problem i am really having is the shaky wobbly footage reguardless of the lense. My concern is that it is due to the shaky landing gear or motors while the drone is flying. When landing gear is down they vibrate heavely, then when gear goes up it turns to vilant fast shaking luke the drone is about to come apart in mid air. I have meat 2 other Inspire 2 owners now and have sean just how rock solid their drones are in the air, just as stable as my Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro, and even more stable then my Inspire 1 Raw was.  I did check over and over again for any loose or shaky parts on the drone and everything seams to be just as tight as theirs. My only conclusion is some kind of hardware issue with the logical flight board.

If your drone is as unstable as mine and shakes the way it does when its in a hover, just imagine how it would be in wind or while flying close to people, cars, buildings, weddings, or anything else. Now take into acount all the constant torque and stress to the motor mounts that are only glued onto the landing gear rail. How long do you think that glue will stand up to that kind of stress before your 15lbs drone hurts someone or damages something.

I absolutely love DJI produts, and have used every one of there drones and most other products since the launch of the phantom 2. They have only gotten better and i hope this can be fixed soon.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-13 06:39
Thanks Mindy for the hovering information.

So the video of the I2 hovering displayed above by fans6255426d (Post #10) is therefore normal given a horizontal of 10 feet and vertical movement of 3 feet per the specs you list.  Seems like a lot of movement though compared to his Mavic, but if that is normal operation for the I2 I guess I'll live with it.

We think fans6255426d's drone has some problem and we are collecting flight data for further analysis.
How about your drone? Does it drift just like that? We still need the video to verify, thank you.
2017-11-15
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Yes it does. But you guys allready have my drone. Hope you can fix it.
2017-11-15
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Just got an email saying DJI is covering the defect under warenty and will have my drone done within the next 3 days.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JeremyPCP Posted at 2017-11-16 19:02
Just got an email saying DJI is covering the defect under warenty and will have my drone done within the next 3 days.

Hope everything goes smoothly and you will get it back soon.
Please let me know if you need any assistance during this process.
2017-11-17
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Just got it in last night.  It looks from the serial number to be the same aircraft. I am very disappointed in the way they repackaged it.  When I sent it to DJI I had everything snugly placed in their corresponding areas of the stock foam travel case, then the case was double boxed and surrounded by 1.5inch sheets of corrugated studio foam.  What DJI sent back sounded like something heavy was clunking around in the box. When I opened it i found a signal cardboard box with no padding in it other then the travel case, and inside the travel case was my controller haphazardly flopping around causing many dents to the interior of the travel case.  When I took out the aircraft i noticed scratches all over the landing gear legs, the rubber plugs at the end of the aircraft legs were falling out, and the entire drove was covered in some kind of sand or large dust particles.  Im also surprised that they didn't replace the propellers I sent back with the drone as they are the ones DJI has said are defective.  I thought for sure they would have sent me the ones with the foam inside or whatever else they now have out.

I just took the drone out for 2 flights and both times was scared out of my mind.  The shake once the landing gear is up is even worse then before and twice it sounded almost like the front motors cut out as the whole drone almost went nose down before dramatically correcting itself (this was only about 8 feet off the ground with no wind).  This motion caused the drone both times to take up approximately 20 feet of lateral room just to correct itself while still shaking out of control.  Had I been filming a wedding or even landscape work this kind of action could cause it to hit a tree, building, or person.

So in total, not only did DJI trash my drone by adding scratches all over it, they also trashed the travel case internal, Neglected to replace the propellers they themselves say are factory defective, and whatever they did do caused the drone to be even more unstable and dangerous.  So now I am invested in about $10,000 of equipment that is not only completely useless and dangerous, but it has almost no resale value thanks to whatever they did to it.  I have now gone from disappointed to very upset.

Please DJI this has to be fixed ASAP.  I need something that works and justifies my investment.
2017-11-26
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Oh and I forgot to add.  The drone is not only taking up about 20 feet of lateral movement but  about 8 or more (was trying to throttle up to keep it from crashing into the ground) of vertical movement.  And all of this movement was happening in a hover about 8 to 9 feet off the ground with no wind and between 21 to 23 satellites locked.
2017-11-26
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

fans6255426d Posted at 2017-11-12 12:21

While watching your video it looks like your landing gear feet are shaking just as mine are.  Mine was flying just like yours before I sent it back for repair.  Now that I have it back  instead of it driving around within a 5ish foot area horizontally and vertically, it is drifting about 20 feet horizontally and over 8 feet vertically along with almost going nose down randomly as if the front motors are cutting out (thats what it sounds like) and trying hard to correct itself.  The shake in the landing gear feet looks worse also.  All of this seams to stop once the landing gear is lowered.

Im now waiting on another reply from DJI.
2017-11-26
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

I forgot to add some photos of the damages to the over $6,000 drone and travel case.
2017-11-27
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

I understand some people may not care too much about the damages, but when I have had an unusable product from day one, and now the first damage to it was from the manufacturer who it seams rather then fix it just scared it up, it makes me upset.  Not to mention that it completely drops the resale value should I deside to upgrade down the road. I take alot of pride and care in keeping all my drones in top condition.  I have never had a scratch on my Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, or Mavic Pro and I have had them all since they launched.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JeremyPCP Posted at 2017-11-27 02:19
I understand some people may not care too much about the damages, but when I have had an unusable product from day one, and now the first damage to it was from the manufacturer who it seams rather then fix it just scared it up, it makes me upset.  Not to mention that it completely drops the resale value should I deside to upgrade down the road. I take alot of pride and care in keeping all my drones in top condition.  I have never had a scratch on my Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, or Mavic Pro and I have had them all since they launched.

Jeremy, I'm so sorry for the repair quality and unpleasant experience with our repair center, the issues have been escalated to local team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you with explanation and further resolution, appreciate your patience.
We apologize again for the trouble caused. Hope the problem will get sorted out soon.
2017-11-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Jeremy, some of those scratches look to be from some fixture that holds or aligns the drone via the motor mounts on the legs, maybe some sort of vice to hold it while working on it.  DJI should cover the clamps if that is the issue, or wrap the mount with tape prior to clamping it. The foam is going to get messed up over time as it is, and even mine when new had dents where someone pushed to hard someplace to pack it or UPS got brutal somewhere (Friend has a gated front door/patio enclosure and his delivery driver throws stuff over his six foot fence!).

However, the flight being worse post repair isn't good if it is drifting 20 feet.  Way beyond what the GPS should hold it at.  Mine dances about a bit by maybe a foot to two, but not 20 feet.

Good luck!
2017-11-27
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

DJI just emailed me another shipping label to send it back again. I hope this time they make it right. Ive never had a problem with DJI drones before and ive owned every one they habe made other then the matrice line and its predecessor.
2017-11-27
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

I dropped off my Inspire 2 for the second time this morning. UPS said they should receive it by Wednessday. I hope DJI can take care of it and have it back to me fixed very soon.

I just want to reiterate, I know other people that also have Inspire 2s and they don't have any of the problems we are having. One refuses to update his firmware since the day he got it (I'm waiting to hear back on what firmware he is using). and another that updates to the latest firmware as soon as it is released.  Both of their Inspire 2s hover flawlessly just like my mavic pro and exhibit none of the problems that mine (and a few others) is facing. I have also seen 2 other people who I have asked to show me theirs in a dead hover and again they are rock solid.  So my only conclusion as yet is that maybe DJI made a bad batch or two?

DJI please please get this right.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JeremyPCP Posted at 2017-11-27 23:21
I dropped off my Inspire 2 for the second time this morning. UPS said they should receive it by Wednessday. I hope DJI can take care of it and have it back to me fixed very soon.

I just want to reiterate, I know other people that also have Inspire 2s and they don't have any of the problems we are having. One refuses to update his firmware since the day he got it (I'm waiting to hear back on what firmware he is using). and another that updates to the latest firmware as soon as it is released.  Both of their Inspire 2s hover flawlessly just like my mavic pro and exhibit none of the problems that mine (and a few others) is facing. I have also seen 2 other people who I have asked to show me theirs in a dead hover and again they are rock solid.  So my only conclusion as yet is that maybe DJI made a bad batch or two?

Jeremy, we apologize again for the unfortunate experience, once the drone arrives in facility, the repair team will take care of it, if you need any assistance during this process please keep me updated any time.
2017-11-27
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

I appreciate all your help Mindy. I have always had a good experience with your company and its products. No one is perfect. I am just impatient right now. lol.
2017-11-28
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

So I just got my drone back from DJI tonight. It still has all the same nicks and scars all over it and the box.  It is night time here so I wouldn't even be able to fly it until tomorrow morning. It looks like nothing was even done to the drone.  Why didn't all the damage DJI did to it get fixed like I was assured it would be? What did they even do with it? I am very upset now, and of course DJI is closed for the night.
2017-12-5
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

JeremyPCP Posted at 2017-12-5 19:25
So I just got my drone back from DJI tonight. It still has all the same nicks and scars all over it and the box.  It is night time here so I wouldn't even be able to fly it until tomorrow morning. It looks like nothing was even done to the drone.  Why didn't all the damage DJI did to it get fixed like I was assured it would be? What did they even do with it? I am very upset now, and of course DJI is closed for the night.

Hi Jeremy,

I'm a new owner of I2.  Reading your posts, sorry to see the trouble you have faced.  When DJI return your I2 each time, is there a letter of any kind attached to explain what work they have done to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Rob
2017-12-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Sorry to read this.  I really don't understand why DJI service is so bad.  Bad firmware maybe, or they really need some better techs who take some pride in their work to be done right the first time and not batter things up on the bench and needing to be sent in again.  I've seen this occur at the local car dealership's service department too where I know the tech I want working on my car, and the one to avoid at all costs.

Good luck on the third attempt.  Fingers crossed for ya.

2017-12-6
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

I also have the issue of loose props causing heavy vibration and a wandering drone. DJI customer support have refused to admit that the loose props are a design defect.

I'm really angry about this. I'm down a $10k drone as I have no confidence whatsoever and so I feel your pain!

I'm very scared to send in the drone too given your very bad experience with them - I pride myself in the condition of my equipment and if someone else scratches it I would be livid too.
2017-12-6
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

There is no list in the box or on their website of what the have done to "fix" anything. They did tell me 2 seperate times In writing that they were going to replave the props but keep sending me back the exact same props. They also told me on the phone and in writing that they would fix or replace my drone because of all the damage they did to it the first time they had it but they sent it back unchanged. And now im still waiting for a responce. Im really ticked off
2017-12-6
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Now im on the phone with DJI and they are saying that my case was never escalated and i only sent the drone back the second time for it not flying correctly but didnt say anything about the damage they did to it or the defective props. When in emails from them and a voicemail from them they acknowledge reading this very forum thread, and acknowledged the damages to the aircraft and and the faulty props. They are also telling me that they never said it was an "escalated repair case" but instead a "normal repair". And that all they did was took it out for a test flight and it flew normal. Good god if this is normal they shouldnt be swlling them.
2017-12-6
Use props
JeremyPCP
lvl.2
United States

Now im on the phone with DJI and they are saying that my case was never escalated and i only sent the drone back the second time for it not flying correctly but didnt say anything about the damage they did to it or the defective props. When in emails from them and a voicemail from them they acknowledge reading this very forum thread, and acknowledged the damages to the aircraft and and the faulty props. They are also telling me that they never said it was an "escalated repair case" but instead a "normal repair". And that all they did was took it out for a test flight and it flew normal. Good god if this is normal they shouldnt be selling them.
2017-12-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules