Issue with Mavic Pro after crash, can't hover/stay at the same p...
797 3 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfd9ee432
New
Germany

Hello, as said my mavic pro had a crash and after that it can't hover / stay at the same place anymore, which sensors are required to do that? because the IMU & Compass are working fine. and are returning 'perfect' results, additional to that the propellers got damaged, could that be the reason for the issue? anyone knows how to troubleshoot what's the error? :&
my new propellors will arive in 3 days.

2017-11-4
Use props
DJEyeintheSky
lvl.1
New Zealand

Well, check the props! are they damaged? If they are that's the issue. If its drifting, I doubt your IMU is perfect. it would think its perfect, but to you, its not perfect. Whatever the IMU knows, it will assume is right. Calibrate the IMU on a very flat surface either through Assistant 2 or DJI Go.
2017-11-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Wait until you get the new props before flying. Again IMU & Compass calibration are done ONLY when the app says so not otherwise period!
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash. Does the drone hurt by the accident? To most of the cases that a drone can't hover, we will suggest calibrate IMU and compass and change the broken props, take care of the flight environment, avoid flying it when there is a strong wind.
But since the props are damaged, I will suggest you to send the drone in for an overall check, it may also because of the crash.
Please contact our support for a further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules