Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibration Sensor problems..DJI Assistant 1.1.6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cistec7
New

Australia

I have recently updated my DJI Assistant to Version 1.1.6 and all went well till I saw a Abnormal software on my RC when loading up, it also says Calibrate vision sensors with DJI Assistant...So I attempted with no success so I went online to see why the error came up and see if I could fix it?, I could see this might not be an easy fix going by some of the forums and blogs. so I will list all the fixes I tried and if any body can tell me what to do even DJI suppot it would be very much appreciated.

1) Updated Assistant software to current version to go on Win 10 x 64 PC ..installed good
2) Did the steps to link PC and drone (Turned off RC before linking)
3) Started DJI Assistant and my P4PRO came up and I opened it and went to calibration.
4) Started calibration and it seemed to work because it went through the full process and hit 100% It then came back with a input monitor size says inncorect screen size???????  like "display size calculation failed please input correct display size and recalibrate"

I then tried all the fixes people were saying worked:

* Reinstall the software and set monitor to 1600x900 ...NOT WORKED
* Turn off digital Signature reinstall software set monitor to 1600x900 not worked
* Checked drivers in device driver win 10.
* No film over sensor
* There are to many fixes to mention tried but no luck and I know this is an issue with DJI software!

Funny thing was I returned to my FHD monitor setting 1920x1080 and it went through the full process never failed! but still came back right at the end resize monitor or something ???

Can Support help? but remember I have tried most rccomended fixes. I am willing to have many fixes sent to me to try because I have 5 hours invested so far.

Thank to anybody that helps.
2017-11-4
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have exactly the same problem. Also in Win 10-64 bit. I have invested at least 15 hours and tested everything without being able to even start the calibration (button greyed). 3 computers, fresh downloads, etc etc. HELP us please.
2017-11-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

What size monitor do you have. Just wondering if it is an odd size or curved.
2017-11-5
Use props
cistec7
New

Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-5 23:06
What size monitor do you have. Just wondering if it is an odd size or curved.

Hi Jenee

Just A BenQ  27" set 1920x1080 everyday use . Set to 1600x900 for calibration. Is it the monitor or software??? I really wish DJI would come up with a plan or work around ...I have 3 drones and was looking to purchase the Inspire 2 this year.  DJI have been very good we me in the past and addressed a few issues pretty quick so I am hoping they read this post and contact me. I will send them a email again.

cheers
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. Is there any chance to change to another PC and try again?
2017-11-6
Use props
cistec7
New

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 01:55
I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. Is there any chance to change to another PC and try again?

Hi Susan

Very much appreciate your contacting me. I did try my laptop with same outcome but will try on another PC monitor.

So you think its a monitor problem? will any monitor do so long as its set at 1600x900? are there any other important steps  you can outline before I proceed.

cistec7

2017-11-6
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

cistec7 Posted at 2017-11-6 01:55
Hi Jenee

Just A BenQ  27" set 1920x1080 everyday use . Set to 1600x900 for calibration. Is it the monitor or software??? I really wish DJI would come up with a plan or work around ...I have 3 drones and was looking to purchase the Inspire 2 this year.  DJI have been very good we me in the past and addressed a few issues pretty quick so I am hoping they read this post and contact me. I will send them a email again.

I have a similar monitor and I don't change the resolution. It is set to the default of 1920x1080. I had to do a calibration on one occasion and it went through ok.
I would leave the screen resolution on 1920x1080. Are you doing the calibration at the correct distance from the screen. From memory, the first part is close and the second part is further away. I think you are getting a generic message which isn't referring to the actual screen resolution but rather the running of the calibration which is why I mentioned the importance of getting the correct distance from the screen.
2017-11-6
Use props
cistec7
New

Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-6 20:40
I have a similar monitor and I don't change the resolution. It is set to the default of 1920x1080. I had to do a calibration on one occasion and it went through ok.
I would leave the screen resolution on 1920x1080. Are you doing the calibration at the correct distance from the screen. From memory, the first part is close and the second part is further away. I think you are getting a generic message which isn't referring to the actual screen resolution but rather the running of the calibration which is why I mentioned the importance of getting the correct distance from the screen.

Hmmmmmmm I will try again, but from memory I must have attempted 15 times close and far but I did not keep a record of distance specifics. I cant understand it really, it goes the full 100% calibration then right at the the end the screen size error comes up. But thanks for the tip Jenee 2...will get the drone out again and do it all again phew! fingers crossed.
2017-11-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

cistec7 Posted at 2017-11-7 00:51
Hmmmmmmm I will try again, but from memory I must have attempted 15 times close and far but I did not keep a record of distance specifics. I cant understand it really, it goes the full 100% calibration then right at the the end the screen size error comes up. But thanks for the tip Jenee 2...will get the drone out again and do it all again phew! fingers crossed.

It is important to line up the box at the start as this determines the distance from the screen. Then it is important to keep the phantom in the same position and just tilt the nose to follow the boxes. Same applies when you have to rotate it 90 degrees and turn it backwards. At the end when it is doing the calibration, keep the drone steady or sit it flat on the desk.
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

cistec7 Posted at 2017-11-6 11:32
Hi Susan

Very much appreciate your contacting me. I did try my laptop with same outcome but will try on another PC monitor.

My Win10 64-bit laptop consistently had issues running a VPS calibration, although the error I'd keep getting is "Frame Alignment Error" and the calibrate button would be greyed out.
Overcome by:
Having the monitor as 1920x1080.
Doing a clean install of Assistant 2 after rebooting laptop with driver signature enforcement disabled. That's because the Vision driver used for two-way communication between VPS and Assistant 2 is not installed otherwise (when you see the black DOS window open near end of installation, you should still be prompted as to whether you want to install those drivers or not - you say Yes).
Don't reboot and run the Assistant 2 as Admin (right click on the desktop icon and select that option).
Ignore any error but now at least you can click on Configure.

So, I always run Assistant 2 with driver enforcement off and in Admin mode. Fiddly, but it works for me. This has been an issue for many versions now, so why DJI don't get the Vision drivers properly signed I don't understand.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cistec7 Posted at 2017-11-6 11:32
Hi Susan

The resolution is different in various PC. Generally, the screen should be no less than 12.5 inch, and I would recommend to adjust to 1920x1080.
2017-11-13
Use props
cistec7
New

Australia

Just a update on the calibration..I changed monitors and did the steps and it worked!  The resolution on the new monitor was set to the same resolution as the failed monitor 1920x1080?  so it looks like it was a monitor problem ...well in my case it was! Also you really need to follow the steps and click the promts, i must confess I missed some and had to start again.

Hope this helps and thank you to all that replied to assist me.

cistec7
2017-11-19
Use props
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180958 ft
New Zealand

I have downloaded the assistant, the assistant recognizes my aircraft and I have updated my aircraft in the Firmware Update section (it now shows as current).  However when I go to the calibration section and hit calibrate, other than showing the two camera pictures bottom left of screen all I get is a blank white screen, (no dots or squares etc.).  I have tried everything, downloaded the assistant three time now and still I'm getting nothing.  At times I get a message that the controller is not connected, does it have to be, and now I'm getting a message that it doesn't recognize the screen size, I'm using a 27" Mac and I've entered this info. My Mac is using OS High Sierra Version 10.13.3

Just downloaded the assistant to my Macbook Air and was advised that only monitors from 12.5" to 27" were supported.  Experimented by changing the 11.5" screen to 12.5" and the calibration went through, but when I'd completed the process it told me that the screen size wasn't supported.  Now back to the Mac 27" but once again it's saying it doesn't recognize the size and whatever I try it's not letting enter the 27 inch.
Since the Macbook trial my aircraft won't allow me to turn it off, battery lights are just scrolling through from left to right and pushing the off button does nothing.

What little hair I have left I've started to pull out.  
Thanks.  Laurence.
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules