Battery won't work, or charge. Any help?
2291 15 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Hey everyone.

I've been searching on google for a few hours this morning but not really found any solution so thought I'd drop a note on here and see if anyone can help.

I havn't flew my drone in a few months and this morning went to charge the battery to take it out. It's been stored in a draw by my desk. I press the button to turn on the battery once and the first LED blinks and goes off. If I press once and then hold as you normally would the LEDs move upward as they do when fully charged. They then blink and the first LED blinks a few times and then go off.

When I plug the charger in the LEDs start moving up and down as if its charging, around 6 times then again the first LED starts blinking and off it goes.

Hope someone can help with this, thanks for taking the time to read through my issue.

2017-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You might try connecting to charger, plugging in charger, then when LEDs start moving, proceed to turn battery ON.  That might force a charge.

Be sure you know how to turn on the battery correctly.  

That's all I got.  Good luck.
2017-11-5
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Thanks Mark. I just watched the full video but it didn't help.

I turn it on by pressing one, then pressing and holding. This is correct?

When I plug the charger in, it looks like it begins charging with the lights moving, but then just goes off.
2017-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

It's shown in the video at the :32 second mark.  Press button, let go of button, press button and hold for 1-2 seconds, let go of button.  Battery should power up.  
2017-11-5
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Yeah done this, but doesn't seem to do anything.

Charger is in, and it looks as if its charging but then it just goes off and does nothing.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you upload a short video of this? We'd like to look into the exact status.
2017-11-6
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Sure Susan, thanks! Video is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgdspf ... 2012.40.40.mp4?dl=0
2017-11-6
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Hi Susan, did you manage to take a look at the video? Thanks
2017-11-6
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Hi Susan, any luck? Can anyone help with this?
2017-11-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

mynameisged Posted at 2017-11-8 05:22
Hi Susan, any luck? Can anyone help with this?

How long have you left the charger hooked up? It looks like the batteries have gone into hibernation. If you haven't, try leaving the charger hooked up for a least a couple hours, it might have to slowly keep re-trying until the battery comes to life a little more.

I hope Solentlife (Nigel) sees this post. He seems to have a lot of experience with these Lipos. Hope he doesn't mind me throwing his name out there. You might try sending a message to him.
I am sure there are others too, so I hope nobody else gets offended here, but I do think he could offer some suggestions.
2017-11-8
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Thanks Ricardo. I've had the charger plugged in continually for days now with no lights coming on at all. I'll try and message Solentlife thanks!
2017-11-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Hi ... no g'tee of success .... but if the battery has gone into Hibernation then all the suggestions above will just prolong it ...

Hibernation mode adds a twist to the switch on that often makes battery look as though its no use ..

When you switch it on ... LED's can do all sorts of sequences and then go out and you THINK battery is back to OFF ... but it is not. Hibernation mode is active and it needs you to to leave it alone after switching on ... for at least 5 minutes ... and then plug charger in - still without touching any button. The charger being a 'dumb' power brick keeps 'knocking on the door' till battery wakes up ... it can be minutes or can be hours.

The 'trick' here is the switch on and LEAVE it alone for at least 5 minutes - then plug in charger.

Page 4 of the Battery Manual ....

If the above doesn't work ?? Then sorry I have no other suggestion ...
EDIT :
Sorry .... my mistake - I was directed to the thread by PM and it didn't show P2 ...

Please disregard my post - I have no idea if P2 has same Hibernation mode ...

Nigel
2017-11-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Are you sure there is a hibernation mode for the P2 batteries?  My understanding is that hibernation mode didn't start until the P3A/P was released.  Do you have a link?  Thanks
2017-11-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry .... my mistake - I was directed to the thread by PM and it didn't show P2 ...

Please disregard my post before - I have no idea if P2 has same Hibernation mode ...

Nigel
2017-11-8
Use props
mynameisged
New
United Kingdom

Am I best trying to seek a replacement for this? Thanks for taking the time both of you.
2017-11-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-8 11:48

Please disregard my post before - I have no idea if P2 has same Hibernation mode ...

I hope you didn't mind me suggesting you Nigel. I was also unaware it was a P2.
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules