Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Signature required
3445 8 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I need to order props and batteries and other stuff, but looking to buying somewhere else due to DJI always requires a signature for delivery.  Why do i need to sign for $10 worth of props?  I can see signing for the drone, but props and other misc things? c'mon DJI is there any way to change this?

2017-11-5
Use props
AEM74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

It's because of the batteries you ordered. I don't know if they require it when you just order other stuff that don't have batteries, but I know that's why they require the signature. No way around it with FedEx here in the US.
2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AEM74 Posted at 2017-11-5 12:06
It's because of the batteries you ordered. I don't know if they require it when you just order other stuff that don't have batteries, but I know that's why they require the signature. No way around it with FedEx here in the US.

I'm actually here in US(Ignore the Canada) I have ordered batteries and required sig and on a separate occasion I have ordered a pair of props and fed-ex required sig, but fed-ex delivered some wheels and tires(two sets of 4)  in the same address without sig required and also UPS, Fed-ex, DHL and even USPS delivered stuff without signature required.  Other people on here have had the same questions about DJI that I know of.
2017-11-5
Use props
AEM74
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-5 12:24
I'm actually here in US(Ignore the Canada) I have ordered batteries and required sig and on a separate occasion I have ordered a pair of props and fed-ex required sig, but fed-ex delivered some wheels and tires(two sets of 4)  in the same address without sig required and also UPS, Fed-ex, DHL and even USPS delivered stuff without signature required.  Other people on here have had the same questions about DJI that I know of.

Sounds like DJI just blankets every shipment with signature to save time on sorting through which needs one. I know for a fact the signatures are required due to the LiPo batteries and they are considered a hazard by every major shipping company in the US at least.
2017-11-5
Use props
AEM74
Second Officer
United States

AEM74 Posted at 2017-11-5 13:16
Sounds like DJI just blankets every shipment with signature to save time on sorting through which needs one. I know for a fact the signatures are required due to the LiPo batteries and they are considered a hazard by every major shipping company in the US at least.

Scratch this. I actually went ahead and dug through an old DJI thread and found it it's to prevent theft and people telling FedEx that they left their $1000 drone on their doorstep and had it stolen. Seems like that's why they just blanket everything with a signature.

Looks like the best way to do it is to leave a note with your signature and tracking number stating you can just leave the package at the door. Some people had success with that.
2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-81994-1-1.html
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is because the parcel is sent from DJI instead of the items in the package. So you need to sign it.
2017-11-5
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just received a package from DJI via Fed Ex...I left a signed note to leave package at my door...guess what...they actually left the package.  
2017-11-7
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
  • >>>
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-7 18:15
Just received a package from DJI via Fed Ex...I left a signed note to leave package at my door...guess what...they actually left the package.

Impressive, I would have to try that next time
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules