Can't Download Videos to Mobile Device
25656 13 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I'm trying to download videos and pictures from the Mavic Pro Platinum to my mobile device, a Google Pixel, using the DJI Go 4 app. After selecting the files and clicking the download button, I get the following error:

Failed to Download to Mobile
Files that cannot be viewed in mobile phone detected among your chosen project. View in a PC or Mac.

The files are in MPG format...

How can I transfer the files from the aircraft to my mobile phone?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
2017-11-5
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Are you talking about the SD card on the Aircraft? If so it's not possible. The SD card versions are NOT ment for downloading to the Phone.  
From the Aircraft you have to download to a PC or Mac as stated.
How ever you have "local" smaller copies on the phone if you have enabled that feature in the DJI Go App.
2017-11-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Yes I am...

That's kind of disappointing. I was hoping I'd be able to download them to the phone for further editing and uploading.

Guess I'll have to find another way to get them to the phone.

Thanks for your help.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please provide me with the screenshot of this message. Please note that resolution greater than 1080P are not able to download to your mobile device directly, and it can not be edited on DJI GO  editor. So if it is not about the format, you may need to export the original version to the PC. But cached version can be edited, you can enable "Cache During Recording" on General settings. Hope this help.
2017-11-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-5 22:35
Hi there, could you please provide me with the screenshot of this message. Please note that resolution greater than 1080P are not able to download to your mobile device directly, and it can not be edited on DJI GO  editor. So if it is not about the format, you may need to export the original version to the PC. But cached version can be edited, you can enable "Cache During Recording" on General settings. Hope this help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WYtJnoPHPSRUJDzH2

I'm using the resolution of the camera on the aircraft. It seems it would allow you to download whatever resolution the camera is capable of recording.

My understanding is the cache versions of the videos aren't as high a resolution.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-6 15:26
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WYtJnoPHPSRUJDzH2

I'm using the resolution of the camera on the aircraft. It seems it would allow you to download whatever resolution the camera is capable of recording.

Thank you for your feedback, you can not download the files because the resolution is greater than 1080P. You can try going to the gallery and find it in the corresponding folder to access the cache video.
2017-11-10
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-10 01:45
Thank you for your feedback, you can not download the files because the resolution is greater than 1080P. You can try going to the gallery and find it in the corresponding folder to access the cache video.

Thanks. I'll change the resolution and give it another shot.

Thanks for the help!
2017-11-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you give dji go4app permission to photos gallery then it auto saves to device any format 1080 , 2.7 or 4K I edit all the times from my iPad . You can’t download otherwise.
2017-11-12
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-10 01:45

The turned out to be the issue. I flew today and make sure the resolution was 1080. Files transferred with no issues.

Thanks for your help DJI Thor
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-12 10:15
The turned out to be the issue. I flew today and make sure the resolution was 1080. Files transferred with no issues.

Thanks for your help DJI Thor

Not at all. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-11-15
Use props
djiuser_KRzFCYvE5IGR
lvl.1

Indonesia

After ive download latest dji go4 , why i cant download video from my spark using dji go 4 anymore? Its only cache data .. 720 p .. my mavic pro too .. is it because my phone ? ( i use galaxy note 8 )
2018-2-26
Use props
77caneboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48251 ft

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 00:41
Not at all. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

So let me understand.  Are we saying there is no way to use all those cool DJI GO 4 video editing features if you shoot at greater than 1080 resolution?  What good is shooting at 2K o4 $K if I can't edit them?  I know I can download them to my PC or MAC but they don't have those editing features.  Seems like a big deal to me - one that is downplayed in every tutorial and manual that I've read.
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

77caneboy Posted at 2018-5-11 13:25
So let me understand.  Are we saying there is no way to use all those cool DJI GO 4 video editing features if you shoot at greater than 1080 resolution?  What good is shooting at 2K o4 $K if I can't edit them?  I know I can download them to my PC or MAC but they don't have those editing features.  Seems like a big deal to me - one that is downplayed in every tutorial and manual that I've read.

For Android devices, videos can't be downloaded edited if the resolution is greater than 1080P. If you had enabled cached during video recording, the cached videos will be saved on the editor.
If you want to edit 4K and output the 4K videos, you might need to edit them on the PC. Thank you for understanding.
2018-5-14
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>

Try to download these files with Sync for DJI app. This app works with all file types (4K/MOV/MP4/H.265, RAW, etc). Available for iOS and Android
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules