Broken Inspire 1, even after repair.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeGeN
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

Recently I have updated my inspire to the newest firmware. Imidiatly after the update I noticed that its has been losing video feed. And then the screen went blank. Talked to the support, explained that everything started to happen after the update. I was told to send it for repair and that it was going to be coverd since it happened after the update. Once my Inspire got there I was charged $400, $200 for one board, and another $200 for labor -_-.... really ? 3 hours to change one part.... Anyway. I had some free time yesterday to check it out, and it still DOESN'T work. Gimball gets disconected now and I'm $400 lighter for NOTHING. Who do I have to talk to get it fixed, not just charged for nothing.?
2017-11-5
Use props
fans4ab7e8dc
New
Flight distance : 138386 ft
United States

Funny how that happens, isn't it...
2017-11-5
Use props
fans4ab7e8dc
New
Flight distance : 138386 ft
United States

Aurora, RoncZ and Harry. Great Tech's!
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with the repair result.
Please remove the SD card to see if the error message persists.
Does the gimbal self-check when power on?
Can you please remove the gimbal, enter travel mode and then exit travel mode and mount the gimbal to try again?

Besides, could you please post the case number here? We will check more info for better assistance, thanks.
2017-11-5
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok  first things first , are you on current FW for both the AC and the RC, or on at least compatible FW. ??

Lisst versions of FW for the entire system  if not sure

Does everything else work on the system, You just get no live video , is that it ?

Can you start the motors and everything else works just no live video ?

Just want to see if it is a linking problem or if it is a matter of being on incompatible FW.

You may need to just do a re link if you are on compatible FW.
You are using the Go app for the INspire  1 and NOT the App for your other DJI sytem correct ?

Let me know

donnie

2017-11-6
Use props
ZeGeN
lvl.2
United States

Ok Gimbal stopped disconnecting.
Donnie yes everything else works. Can start it and fly. Landing gear goes up and down no problem with that. Drone has been kept in a case for entire time -_- Video kind of came back but its just how it was before I sent it out for repair before. Now is very choppy, and loses signal. (happened before). Aircraft is 1.11.01.50 and RC is 1.7.80, Camera is 1.10.01.40. Tried 2 tablets, Android and Apple, and my cell... same issue. Also I re-linked it. Didn't help...
2017-11-7
Use props
ZeGeN
lvl.2
United States

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Would you mind checking the contact cooper sheet underneath the aircraft nose? Is it crooked or dirty?
And how about the gimbal cable, is it loose or damaged?

Please kindly post the previous case number here, thanks.
contact.png
pin.png
contact.png
2017-11-8
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

You might also try Deleting All DJI software from your device. Not just the APP, go in and delete all folders.  Restart the device and re-download the DJI software again.
It sounds like a compatibility issue to me. I have had similar problems after updates and would re-link, replace software (via steps i just outlined) and shut down / restart all units ~ which resolved the bad video signal and limited range problems.
Also, is your device at least a iPad mini 4 or Nvidia Shield k1, what I'm getting at is; can your device handle the cpu load of the software?
2017-11-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

ZeGeN Posted at 2017-11-7 12:26
Ok Gimbal stopped disconnecting.
Donnie yes everything else works. Can start it and fly. Landing gear goes up and down no problem with that. Drone has been kept in a case for entire time -_- Video kind of came back but its just how it was before I sent it out for repair before. Now is very choppy, and loses signal. (happened before). Aircraft is 1.11.01.50 and RC is 1.7.80, Camera is 1.10.01.40. Tried 2 tablets, Android and Apple, and my cell... same issue. Also I re-linked it. Didn't help...

If you can try an apple I pad Pro with a A9 or A10 processor for testing purposes.  It may be the Go app device does not have enough processing power.  Just see if you can borrow one form a friend for testing.

donnie
2017-11-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Donnie * Posted at 2017-11-25 05:19
If you can try an apple I pad Pro with a A9 or A10 processor for testing purposes.  It may be the Go app device does not have enough processing power.  Just see if you can borrow one form a friend for testing.

donnie

If you hadn't noticed already, Donnie has shares in Apple, for every dozen Ipad pro he sells they give him a TB48 or cash equivalent, his car runs on drone batteries!

Mark G.
2017-11-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-25 09:46
If you hadn't noticed already, Donnie has shares in Apple, for every dozen Ipad pro he sells they give him a TB48 or cash equivalent, his car runs on drone batteries!

Mark G.

You were supposed to keep that private Mark, Now what am I gonna do .....LOL
Cheers

donnie
2017-12-3
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Donnie * Posted at 2017-12-3 06:36
You were supposed to keep that private Mark, Now what am I gonna do .....LOL