Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Download Flight Logs
71683 38 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I'm trying to download the Mavic Pro flight logs using the DJI Assistant 2 program on a PC. I connect my phone to the controller, turn on the controller, launch the DJI Go app on my phone, turn on the aircraft (which is connected to the PC using a USB cable) and launch DJI Assistant 2.

According to a couple YouTube videos I've watched, if I need to go into the Go app, into advance settings and enable flight data (or something to that affect). However, I don't have that option on the advanced menu options.

I'm using v4.1.10 of the DJI Go 4 app.

I've also tried following instructions I've found on the DJI sure to access the flight logs using the Assistant program.

Nothing! I can't access the logs, either though the Upload Data, Flight Logs or Black Box options in the Assistant program. The closest I get is clicking an option and getting a spinning wait-for-it-to-complete icon (which doesn't stop spinning).

How can I download and access my flight data/logs on my PC?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
2017-11-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There are two ways to get the flight logs. If you connect your phone only to your PC, you can access the Flight Record in the DJI folder. This is a txt file which you can then upload to something like PhantomHelp.
To access the flight logs in your Mavic, you only need to connect just your Mavic to the PC and use Assistant 2 to access the logs.
This may also help you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-114810-1-1.html
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Which version is your assistant? Please update the latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 before you export the data.

2017-11-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-5 21:00
There are two ways to get the flight logs. If you connect your phone only to your PC, you can access the Flight Record in the DJI folder. This is a txt file which you can then upload to something like PhantomHelp.
To access the flight logs in your Mavic, you only need to connect just your Mavic to the PC and use Assistant 2 to access the logs.
This may also help you.

Thanks. There's a lot of information at the link. I'll have to start going through them the next time I'm at a computer.

Will let you know the results...
2017-11-6
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-5 21:06
Which version is your assistant? Please update the latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 before you export the data. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&t=1shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... m-tX4cnvzX&index=11

I believe I'm using the latest version on the Assistant - just installed it two days ago. But will confirm when I'm at my computer. Will also check out the videos.

Thanks...
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-6 15:33
I believe I'm using the latest version on the Assistant - just installed it two days ago. But will confirm when I'm at my computer. Will also check out the videos.

Thanks...

Looking forward to your feedback, if it doesn't work, you can try to use another PC and see if it will work.
2017-11-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-7 00:56
Looking forward to your feedback, if it doesn't work, you can try to use another PC and see if it will work.

I'm using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6

I followed both of the videos, trying to get log data from the controller and the aircraft - still nothing.

I just get the spinning icon and nothing happens.

From the controller:

From the aircraft:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nyIbEAffRDMw3Qgy2

Haven't tried from another computer. I'll have to find another computer to load the software on to.
2017-11-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-7 00:56

Apparently the image (or a link to the image) from the controller didn't show up in the previous post.
2017.11.07 Controller Log Attempt.png
2017-11-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-5 21:00
This may also help you.

I tried the the steps on the page in the link you provided and I still can't download the logs.

I get as far as selecting the folder and then just waiting...

Not sure what to try next, other than contacting DJI.
2017-11-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Australia

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-7 16:22
I tried the the steps on the page in the link you provided and I still can't download the logs.

I get as far as selecting the folder and then just waiting...

Are you connecting the RC or the drone as the photo that you showed does not look like the drone is connected.
2017-11-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-7 17:08
Are you connecting the RC or the drone as the photo that you showed does not look like the drone is connected.

I've tried connecting both the RC and the drone, both with the same results.

The post where the picture displays is when the RC is connected. In the post above it, there's a link to a picture that shows when the drone is connected.
2017-11-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Australia

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-7 17:16
I've tried connecting both the RC and the drone, both with the same results.

The post where the picture displays is when the RC is connected. In the post above it, there's a link to a picture that shows when the drone is connected.

Well that is very unusual. Are you selecting a folder that is accessible with no restrictions on it. Just create a new empty folder before you start Assistant 2 and see if that will work. Make sure the gimbal clamp is removed from the Mavic before you turn it on as well.
2017-11-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

Yes, I'm selecting a folder that's accessible. In fact, I've tried creating several new folders, both before starting Assistant 2 and while selecting a folder in Assistant 2. Still the same results.

I've been removing the gimbal clamp before powering the Mavic on.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-7 16:11
Apparently the image (or a link to the image) from the controller didn't show up in the previous post.
[view_image]

I will forward it to our engineers to check. And at the same time, I hope you can try another PC to do a troubleshooting. Thank you.
2017-11-10
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-10 01:42
I will forward it to our engineers to check. And at the same time, I hope you can try another PC to do a troubleshooting. Thank you.

Thanks. I'm planning to do some more testing this weekend.

One thing that concerns me is that when I connect the aircraft to the computer (through USB), I get a pop-up message saying there are errors on the SD card. I'm not sure if the log files are stored on the SD card or internal memory. But I'm going to format the SD card with the GO4 app and see if that changes anything.

As always, I appreciate your time and responses.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-10 05:41
Thanks. I'm planning to do some more testing this weekend.

One thing that concerns me is that when I connect the aircraft to the computer (through USB), I get a pop-up message saying there are errors on the SD card. I'm not sure if the log files are stored on the SD card or internal memory. But I'm going to format the SD card with the GO4 app and see if that changes anything.

The flight logs are stored in the internal card, so, no worries to format the SD card on the left side of the drone.
2017-11-11
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-11 02:40
The flight logs are stored in the internal card, so, no worries to format the SD card on the left side of the drone.

I went flying today and still can't download the flight logs to my computer. I'm not sure why that's happening, or not happening as the case may be.

One thing I did notice is that I fly three flights today (three batteries) but only two showed up in the app. I don't know if it matters or not, but I swapped batteries between the first and second flight *before* trying to sync the flight in the app. After the third flight I synced the flight in the app before powering the aircraft down. I don't know if i's required to do it that way.

Another issue, and I don't know if it's related or not, is with the SD card. When I plug it in to the computer, either through the USB when the aircraft is connected or directly to the computer, I get a message saying there's a problem with the card. Before flying today, I formatted the SD card in the Go4 app.
2017-11-12
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-11 02:40

Okay, I think I've identified the issue with downloading the log files to my computer. I just don't know how to fix it. I'm running Windows 10.

I installed the Assistant 2 software on another machine. I can't remember exactly when, if it was during installation, when I first opened the Assistant 2 software, or when I connected the aircraft but I got the same prompt twice. The prompts had two checkboxes, one to access local files/resources and the other to connect to the internet. I think those were the two prompts - something very similar to that.

When I installed to the computer I am having issues with, I only checked the box allowing access to the internet. When I installed to my test computer, I checked both boxes. The test computer allowed me to download the log files from the aircraft.

I believe my issue was not checking the checkbox allowing access to the local network.

My problem now is that I don't know how to fix it. I've tried looking in network connections, firewall. home group, etc. but i can't find it anywhere. I tried uninstalling the Assistant 2 software, rebooting, and reinstalling the Assistant 2 software. That still didn't resolve the issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
2017-11-12
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-12 10:13
I went flying today and still can't download the flight logs to my computer. I'm not sure why that's happening, or not happening as the case may be.

One thing I did notice is that I fly three flights today (three batteries) but only two showed up in the app. I don't know if it matters or not, but I swapped batteries between the first and second flight *before* trying to sync the flight in the app. After the third flight I synced the flight in the app before powering the aircraft down. I don't know if i's required to do it that way.

With regard to the problems with the SD card when I connect the aircraft, I've determined it's a bad/faulty SD card shipped with the aircraft. I've tried 'scanning the card and fixing errors' and the scanner reports no errors. But whenever I connect the SD card, through the aircraft or directly in the computer, I get the same error.

I've tried with another SD card and I don't see the error.

So I've determined it's the SD card that shipped with the aircraft. Guess I won't be using that card...
2017-11-12
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-12 13:44
Okay, I think I've identified the issue with downloading the log files to my computer. I just don't know how to fix it. I'm running Windows 10.

I installed the Assistant 2 software on another machine. I can't remember exactly when, if it was during installation, when I first opened the Assistant 2 software, or when I connected the aircraft but I got the same prompt twice. The prompts had two checkboxes, one to access local files/resources and the other to connect to the internet. I think those were the two prompts - something very similar to that.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-12 13:44

That's really hard to say. I haven't got the news from our engineers. But if it is related to the PC system, please try another PC to export. BTW, I also got a driver for Windows 10, maybe you can give it a try. Install it, then run Assi2 in ADMINISTRATOR mode. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ickdktosoqbwly3/win10.rar?dl=0
2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 00:40
That's really hard to say. I haven't got the news from our engineers. But if it is related to the PC system, please try another PC to export. BTW, I also got a driver for Windows 10, maybe you can give it a try. Install it, then run Assi2 in ADMINISTRATOR mode.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ickdktosoqbwly3/win10.rar?dl=0

Thank you DJI Thor!

I have gotten to work on another computer. The problem is that isn't the main computer I want to use for downloading/viewing the log files.

Ultimately, if I can uninstalled *all* the Assistant 2 components and get the computer back to a state it was before the Assistant 2 install, then I can install again and get the same prompts (picking the correct ones this time).

When I get home tonight I'll download the driver and give it a shot.

Thank you for the help!
2017-11-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 00:40
That's really hard to say. I haven't got the news from our engineers. But if it is related to the PC system, please try another PC to export. BTW, I also got a driver for Windows 10, maybe you can give it a try. Install it, then run Assi2 in ADMINISTRATOR mode.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ickdktosoqbwly3/win10.rar?dl=0

Unfortunately the Win10 Driver didn't help...

I'm not sure what else to try.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-15 15:01
Unfortunately the Win10 Driver didn't help...

I'm not sure what else to try.

If it doesn't help, maybe you should go to use the machine that works when you need to export the data, or you can also wait for the next Assistant update and try.
2017-11-16
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-16 01:00
If it doesn't help, maybe you should go to use the machine that works when you need to export the data, or you can also wait for the next Assistant update and try.

That's most likely what I'm going to have to do.

Again, thank you for your help DJI Thor.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-11-16 04:27
That's most likely what I'm going to have to do.

Again, thank you for your help DJI Thor.

Not at all, I didn't help any at the end. But if you have other questions, please feel free to let me know, I am glad to help.
2017-11-21
Use props
Alan X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1212221 ft
United Kingdom

When I use DJI Assistant 2 to download Flight records from my Phantom 4 Pro I do not get the "save to local" option - how do I get to this? Thanks
2019-3-20
Use props
fans79d7d8fb
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded the Flight Data and Black Box information but how do i review it? It appears to be in a foreign language.
2019-6-9
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 576260 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I recently had a DJI M2P fly away and was left wondering where to find log files. I've now found the copy of the records on my mobile phone thank God but im wondering how-to translate the .text file to something readable. I was hoping someone with a better understanding of the procedure could help me out. Thanks in advance.
2021-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd Posted at 3-22 03:54
Hi, I recently had a DJI M2P fly away and was left wondering where to find log files. I've now found the copy of the records on my mobile phone thank God but im wondering how-to translate the .text file to something readable. I was hoping someone with a better understanding of the procedure could help me out. Thanks in advance.

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

And a brief description of the incident would be helpful too.

2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/5T164BNAEXS8P8AOM1IA

Thank you for your help and speedy response.
I'm not too sure if I need to have a look at the log file as well as the flight log viewer .text
I can't seem to find out what the red dots indicate. Also, there's yellow lines and red lines. My suspicions are satellite connections, but I'm really unsure. Once again, thank you for your help.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-22 05:58
To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.

In brief, on 01/11/2020 at approximately 9 pm, I started the drone and took off to take some footage. I moved the drone into position then started filming. The drone was fine up until the moment I decided to bring it back to the ground. I was flying for less than 5 min from what I can remember. The drone wouldn't respond to the controller. I switched from tripod mode to sports mode when I could see the drone moving in the opposite direction. The flight log viewer failed to record the full path taken for some reason, but I did manage to screen recorded the flight route via my Samsungs screen record function. I did attempt to find the drone in its last position shown on screen and it was in the area but it was dark and could see it, coordinates  ( 51.592916 - 0.038598).
If there is any information you need, feel free to ask, and ill try to provide it. Thanks for helping out, much appreciated!
2021-3-22
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight. Cannot see the reason why your MP2 started to climb!
At the end your craft in RTH mode, facing towards home but drifting on the wind backwards (see polar chart)
So with 53% battery it will drift much further before the low battery will initiate a landing.
So impossible to tell where it has landed.

In the log only the P-GPS mode, no SPORTs or Tripod mode.

OA not function bc of low light and/or high drone pitch angles.

Hope that Labroides can find something.

If you like upload your DAT file for this flight (if you still have it on you mob device) ; it is FLY005.DAT, sometimes in the DAT are other errors written.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi JJB, thanks for the in-depth analysis. Looking at the graphs/charts, Is see a few things, such as the drone heading and drone moving are going in the opposite directions. I also noticed the drone rising in altitude on the day of the flight.

Do you know if the Gps value 17 displays the number of satellites locked. Thank you for the visual representation.  Just so I'm clear, would it be down to  Software issues or the drone operators error or any other factor I've not taken into account?
2021-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd Posted at 3-22 15:26
Hi JJB, thanks for the in-depth analysis. Looking at the graphs/charts, Is see a few things, such as the drone heading and drone moving are going in the opposite directions. I also noticed the drone rising in altitude on the day of the flight.

Do you know if the Gps value 17 displays the number of satellites locked. Thank you for the visual representation.  Just so I'm clear, would it be down to  Software issues or the drone operators error or any other factor I've not taken into account?

GPS had no problems and 17 sats were locked at the end of the flight.

Here's what I see in the data.

The problem first showed up at 2:06.8 when you tried left stick full down from 90 feet.
Despite ful stick down the drone climbed at approx 2 m/s and climbed to 150 ft.
You briefly tried pushing the left stick up and the drone climbed a little further.

The first thing I look at with drones that won't descend is the VPS sensors, but yours look to have been working perfectly.
With the left stick in the centre position, the drone kept climbing.
At 2:34, with the left stick in the neutral position, it was climbing at 4 m/s (nearly max climbing speed).

The altitude sensor was working properly and the drone recognised that it had reached the Max Altitude Limit at 400 ft and kept going without any throttle input.
The climbing kept going regardless of the drone's heading, so obstacle avoidance can be discounted as an issue.

At 3:14.7 full down stick had some effect and the drone descended 42 feet before it started to climb again (with no throttle).
At 3:40, down stick again had some effect (30 ft) but by 6:46 the drone was climbing again despite full down stick.

There was a problem that seriously affected the drone's ability to hold altitude or sespond properly to left stick input.
This was a genuine serious rare hardware fault and there appears to have been nothing you could do to save it.
The number of times the "Excessive attitude angle detected, forward obstacle avoidance has stopped working" message shows up is another odd thing, probably indicating more issues.
In P-GPS the drone was frequently exceeding 30 degree tilt.

You lost signal at 5:25.8 with the drone up 1450 feet and being blown backwards by the upper level winds.
Signal was regained a minute later with the drone now in RTH at 2277 ft and finally lost again at 6:53.6.
The drone will have blown further until reaching critical low voltage and (if things worked normally) it would have descended, possibly a couple of miles further to the northeast from where signal was lost.

If the drone was less than one year old, this will be a warrranty issue.
Even without the drone or wreckage, the flight data should be enough to prove the incident was a hardware failure.
2021-3-22
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd Posted at 3-22 15:26

Hi,

The reason why your drone moved backwards and not flying forward is in 99% due to strong winds.
See the chart ; at 99 meters height with 100% full forward in P-GPS pitched down 25.8 degrees, but backward drifing with 5.3 m/s.

Many high wind warnings in the log:  High wind velocity. Fly with caution and land in a safe place ASAP.
See chart ; too many warnings to fit on 1 page....

NotEnoughPower errors in the log, battery cell values far too low for 89% batt level ; cell 4 < 3.3 volt. (red coloured line < 3.3)

So the combination of high wind with a 'bad' battery did not help to get a happy landing.BUT DJI should explain why your drone did climb on his own....if it had stayed at low height mayby you were able to fly it back home.
Hope that DJI can help you out with their analysis.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-22 21:43

Wow!
Im so grateful to have you guys help me out, it was such an in-depth analysis, and just as I thought, it was due to a hardware malfunction.

This leaves me only one question. Because it's over a year old, will DJI see this as a refundable case and compensate me for my loss, I had to replace my drone for work and im out of pocket by £1.400, and the worse part is im very frighten of losing my drone again and have been psychologically affected and no longer fly like I once did, I suppose in time I'll regain the confidence back.

Thank you ever so much for helping out Labroides, your truly amazing!
And thank you to JJB also you guys. I truly appreciate the time you took out of your day to find all this information out.  

p.s
Im wondering if our friends at Dji will see me, right?.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-22 21:43

My thoughts exactly. Had the drone stayed at the hight I was flying at, it wouldn't have been an issue to land but ascending into the air, so high that the wind speed and force became greater. I had no idea the battery was faulty. There were no previous signs of this.
Thank you, JJB, for getting back to me and adding (in your words) your 2 pennies worth, lol Much appreciated!.

2021-3-23
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd Posted at 3-23 01:43
Wow!
Im so grateful to have you guys help me out, it was such an in-depth analysis, and just as I thought, it was due to a hardware malfunction.

Because it's over a year old, will DJI see this as a refundable case and compensate me for my loss.
Check what the length of the UK warranty is.
If it's 12 months like most of the world, I wouldn't get my expectations up.
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules