1902 21 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As a first adopter of most new electronics ( i was the first kid on the block with CD Player I paid $985 in  1982! i paid $1985 for a cell phone in 1988!) i realize you risk overpaying and see your
cool toy lose value!          so does a new car when you drive off the lot (always)

Ok what Inspire has That P3 does NOT have

** How cool is landing gear going up and down .... remotely i love it!
**Heavier frame more substantial  ...looks more professional than a toy
** Coool Design
** Carbon Fiber
** Larger Props
** longer line of sight .. regulations in canada suggest los flying (bigger plane longer los)
** Phantom 3 does not have "Cool" factor that design has been around 5 years! Inspire is "Cool"** Faster Vertical and Horizontal speeds i have flown I1 at 45 mph
**Better Gimble
**  Dual user capability ..very important for some not everyone is a great photographer AND pilot
**Wider operating temperatures i flew the I1 in Canada at -27 ...
** Mini HDMI out  port
**MUCH better performance in high velocity winds (common here)

let me know anything else to add to the list
"It's an age old story... As technology moves forward, integration gets better and, unfortunately, older gear gets de-valued.  For me, I'd rather see progress than cob together bits and pieces to keep old gear going.  That's what eBay is for... to sell off your old gear at a reasonable price and make room for new toys"You guys seriously did not think of I-1 as "investment" did you?
Arun
http:\\ccdimager.net
as i posted elsewhere i placed my order for P3-professional with B&H Photo video NY store yesterday as a back up for my inspire..

2015-4-10
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The article compares the two.
http://dronetechreport.com/dji-a ... caled-down-inspire/
2015-4-10
Use props
lukebowerman.ya
lvl.2

Malta

25 min flight time? Show me..
2015-4-10
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

lukebowerman.ya Posted at 2015-4-11 10:40
25 min flight time? Show me..

Using the simulator w/no props - lol

Bob
2015-4-10
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Stockholm syndrome?
2015-4-10
Use props
mgowell
lvl.2

United States

Add these to the list of Inspire benefits vs P3

The Inspire is way louder - which is good if you want to impress the chicks with noise
The Inspire comes with a fancy harness for the remote - which is good if you want to impress people that like fancy harnesses
The Inspire takes a lot longer to set up and there are more pre-flight checks to go through - which is good if you are trying to delay your launch a little bit.
The Inspire is a lot harder to hand catch which is good if you are looking to avoid hand catching
The Inspire costs three times as much as the P3 which is good if you are on a "spend it or lose it" budget.
The Inspire 1 has Bob Marley in the Forum which is good if you like reading posts from the world's angriest man.
2015-4-10
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mgowell@yahoo.c Posted at 2015-4-11 15:12

The Inspire is way louder - which is good if you wa ...

Lol loved that
2015-4-10
Use props
stephen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19265 ft
United States

So good, all we Inspire owners can do is weep and pray the DJI gods don't forget us.
2015-4-10
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

The Inspire 1 has Bob Marley in the Forum which is good if you like reading posts from the world's angriest man.

Sure...But he's got as much right to be here as you and I
I don't support good or bad posts either way but the man has opinions that may not rub the right way with some but let him be
2015-4-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The guy is a genius,,
and acts like one,
2015-4-11
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I am not a professional photographer so I would probably have chosen the P3 over the Inspire, had it been available 3 months earlier. That said, I'm still glad i have an Inspire which has no apparent issues, but DJI could certainly go a long way towards soothing hard feelings some of us have if they would BRING WAYPOINT CAPABILITY (GROUND STATION) TO THE INSPIRE PLATFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-4-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rbimd Posted at 2015-4-11 19:27
I am not a professional photographer so I would probably have chosen the P3 over the Inspire, had it ...

And POI would be really great,,,,
2015-4-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Do the right thing at NAB DJI and make us proud and HAPPY
2015-4-11
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Might not be all that worth if you felt the need to make a thread to justify paying all that much for something thats already available at a cheaper price lol..... 2 or 3 more months and our inspires would be  obsolete... Just the truth...
2015-4-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

So, tell us all, Oh great one, why do you think the Inspire will be obsolete?  Do you honestly believe that DJI would abandon the Inspire platform so soon? And what would they replace it with? The P platform is in its 3rd and arguably final itieration!
2015-4-11
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mgowell  POURING MORE FUEL ON THE FIRE,
2015-4-11
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-4-11 22:39
So, tell us all, Oh great one, why do you think the Inspire will be obsolete?  Do you honestly belie ...

They already have by not comiting to what they said on day one... No waypoints etc.... In fact further development of the inspire and the App will now for to third parties.....
2015-4-11
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.2

United States

Soo funny! Loved them all. Thx.
2015-4-11
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A little birdy told me DJI wanted to kill the competition in THE BUD by bringing in a P3(for 1290 with 4k video and lightbridge) right away before the SPOTLIGHT goes to others like GOPRO and their new drone (rumors).. The Inspire  one owners are just the civilian casualties from the "friendly fire"... to borrow a phrase from Defence department USA!
2015-4-12
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

arunmehta Posted at 2015-4-12 23:15
A little birdy told me DJI wanted to kill the competition in THE BUD by bringing in a P3(for 1290 wi ...

Good post. Also 3D Robotics is releasing new drone tomorrow so timing is really good. I think, they actually inteded price to be higher for P3 but competetion is gaining them.
2015-4-12
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

My hero!
2015-4-12
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3