Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5s Camera Not Focusing
7686 21 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mandomatic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7822553 ft
  • >>>
United States

So my camera will not focus when I touch the screen with AF selected. Green square shows up but no action form the lenses. Manual focus does not work either.
Tried using three different lenses I have and also used a second X5s camera. Seems like its in the aircraft.
Anyone have a solution for this?
2017-11-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

For fun, have you tried deleting and reloading the GO 4 app as well?  Maybe some contact cleaner for the bird's connections: gimbal and lens mount both.  Also, are all the gold lens connection pins there?  Three extras fell out of my X5S camera when I changed lenses (Bad factory assembly and whomever left sundry parts in mine.).

Good luck.
2017-11-5
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Contacts are all there and I tried it with two cameras.
I'll try re-installing the software but not sure how to do it on the CrystalSky.
2017-11-5
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So I just tried hooking an iPad to it and it gave me a warning that there was no lens detected.
2017-11-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

This probably won't help, but can you get into the camera menu and go to the bottom where it asks to "Calibrate Lens" and see if the scroll wheel for MF will work after you hit "Calibrate" which does the green square and AF part.

But "No lens detected" is sort of pointing to maybe the bird if two cameras and your other lenses not working, along with a separate iPad too.  I get the "No lens detected" and "Calibrate Lens" with the Laowa 7.5mm lens, but it has no chip or connections on it being fully manual  (Wish it readable by the X5S too!).  Don't know if you can do a refresh of the installed I2 firmware from Assistant 2, but maybe try that too?  My P4 refused to do those Update Flight No Fly Zone things until I did a refresh/reinstall of its firmware and then they updated.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

All the lens shows ''No Lens Detected''? How about stock lens?
If the error message disappears, please refer to fansa84fe8a4's suggestion to calibrate lens.
2017-11-6
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-6 01:26
If the error message disappears, please refer to fansa84fe8a4's suggestion to calibrate lens.

I don't have a stock DJI lens, just my three Olympus lenses which have been working fine for the past 6 months.
It won't calibrate because it won't focus and Manual Focus does not work.
Looks like the only thing left is to try and update/re-install the firmware on the bird.
2017-11-6
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just sent back a brand new one in with a focus issue today. It wasn't software with mine, I tried doing software loads etc working with the support team. I swapped it with a friends X5S from his M210 and his works like a charm and mine wouldn't work on his, it wasn't the lens either. Mine would blink the green squares 4 or 5 times but then flash a red square. In manual it wouldn't change with slider. Mine was brand new. I hope you get it resolved quickly, I at least have a X4S to use.
2017-11-6
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-6 01:26

So refreshing the firmware does not fix the problem.

2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mandomatic Posted at 2017-11-6 19:11
So refreshing the firmware does not fix the problem.

Really frustrating working with a cheap product that is supposedly made for professionals.

Sorry to hear the firmware refreshing didn't help.
So with the mobile device, the APP still shows ''No lens detected''? What lens have you tried? May I have the specific model?
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-6 18:06
I just sent back a brand new one in with a focus issue today. It wasn't software with mine, I tried doing software loads etc working with the support team. I swapped it with a friends X5S from his M210 and his works like a charm and mine wouldn't work on his, it wasn't the lens either. Mine would blink the green squares 4 or 5 times but then flash a red square. In manual it wouldn't change with slider. Mine was brand new. I hope you get it resolved quickly, I at least have a X4S to use.

John, how's it going with the case?
I manage to find the case number CAS-1120155-Z2T4V2, the package is still on the way?
2017-11-8
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 00:57
John, how's it going with the case?
I manage to find the case number CAS-1120155-Z2T4V2, the package is still on the way?

Yes, Thanks for checking Mindy, I only sent it on Monday.
2017-11-8
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 00:55
Sorry to hear the firmware refreshing didn't help.
So with the mobile device, the APP still shows ''No lens detected''? What lens have you tried? May I have the specific model?

I finally narrowed it down to the gimbal mounting board on the Inspire 2. Replaced and working now.

To follow up, I tried two different X5s cameras and three Olympus lenses on both cameras. (17mm, 25mm, & 45MM) Also tried firmware refresh and resetting to factory defaults.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mandomatic Posted at 2017-11-15 20:04
I finally narrowed it down to the gimbal mounting board on the Inspire 2. Replaced and working now.

To follow up, I tried two different X5s cameras and three Olympus lenses on both cameras. (17mm, 25mm, & 45MM) Also tried firmware refresh and resetting to factory defaults.

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know you figured it out, the issue has been reported to our engineers and we are working on locating the problem.
If there is any further problem, please let me know.
2017-11-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

mandomatic Posted at 2017-11-5 17:19
So I just tried hooking an iPad to it and it gave me a warning that there was no lens detected.

You just found your answer.
2017-11-17
Use props
fans9a2385b4
New
Brazil

Hi friends... I have the same problem with my x5s, after actualization the last firmware, the lens not works... the same message “no detected lens”. I try everything I can do, but no success. The support says that I need send my aircraft to EUA, I leave in Brasil and its so difficult to do that.

I really hope someone can help me for solution this problem, because the DJI company only says “send your aircraft... bla bla bla “. THE FIRMWARE HAS A BIG PROBLEM!
2019-5-7
Use props
fans9a2385b4
New
Brazil

Hi friends... I have the same problem with my x5s, after actualization the last firmware, the lens not works... the same message “no detected lens”. I try everything I can do, but no success. The support says that I need send my aircraft to EUA, I leave in Brasil and its so difficult to do that.

I really hope someone can help me for solution this problem, because the DJI company only says “send your aircraft... bla bla bla “. THE FIRMWARE HAS A BIG PROBLEM!
2019-5-7
Use props
John Carson
New
United States

I'm having the same problem.  During the last flight (20-minutes ago), I would touch the area of the screen I wanted focused and the green box blinked and I heard a nice confirmation click from my iPad.  Now, the green box blinks 4-times, no focus change and the box turns red.  Does this mean I need a new mounting board.  I have an Inspire 2 and X5S, with the standard 15mm lens.
2019-5-26
Use props
John Carson
New
United States

I'm having the same problem.  During the last flight (20-minutes ago), I would touch the area of the screen I wanted focused and the green box blinked and I heard a nice confirmation click from my iPad.  Now, the green box blinks 4-times, no focus change and the box turns red.  Does this mean I need a new mounting board.  I have an Inspire 2 and X5S, with the standard 15mm lens.
2019-5-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
First Officer
Austria

John Carson Posted at 5-26 16:47

try to reseat the gimbal, try to reseat the lens in the gimbal , check if auto focus ist turned on on the lens , try cleaning /check for damage  both contacts between bird and gimbal + gimbal and lens

if this doesn´t work try reinstalling all software - bird, ipad maybe even controller
2019-5-28
Use props
DroneSkyview
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2157300 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Don’t get this, have same problem except I don’t get the “no lens detected” my X5S just won’t autofocus at all, trying the gimbal on my 210, same problem, tried a different X5S, same problem, is it the gimbal? Or is it the gimbal connector board on the drone? If the connector on the drone is broken also the connector board on the 210 is broken, what are the odds that both i2 and 210 drones have the same problem at the same time?

Don’t get it!! And niter do DJI, they repaired it (or they put on new motors, swapped the upper shell, landing gear and gimbal arm, but the drone still not AUTOFOCUS!
2020-8-21
Use props
rbsr71
New

United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-11-6 18:06
I just sent back a brand new one in with a focus issue today. It wasn't software with mine, I tried doing software loads etc working with the support team. I swapped it with a friends X5S from his M210 and his works like a charm and mine wouldn't work on his, it wasn't the lens either. Mine would blink the green squares 4 or 5 times but then flash a red square. In manual it wouldn't change with slider. Mine was brand new. I hope you get it resolved quickly, I at least have a X4S to use.

I am struggling with the same issue. The Inspire 2 I bought is about two weeks old and having X5S issue.
The camera is just not focusing. I was not old clean contacts or do something like that in order to not void my warranty. The Tech support sucks. There research is trolling the web trying to find answers. Anyway I am sending my unit back for repair and/or replacment. Thank God I bought the care package.
1-26 07:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules