12Next >
3427 46 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

You are now making us take far 107 questions to operate our drones,  it's not your position to make us answer them to operate our own drones...this is BS
2017-11-5
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, what have I missed, can you elaborate?
2017-11-5
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

Apparently they felt the need to incorporate a knowledge test before you can operate the inspire 1 thru the go app ,  it was put in with the last DJI go update .  Pathetic really.
IMG_1008.PNG
2017-11-5
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
United States

Apparently they felt the need to incorporate a knowledge test before you can operate the inspire 1 thru the go app ,  it was put in with the last DJI go update .  Pathetic really.
2017-11-5
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I'm fully up to date and I haven't been forced to do anything new. I've have been flying almost daily for the last week and it's been status quo.
2017-11-5
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Brilliant idea, well done DJI, about time.
2017-11-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you take the idiot factor into consideration then I'm surprised they haven't incorporated this with the P4P & P4A. With the festive season fast approaching, there are going to be hundred's of new pilots out there that just don't have a clue or don't care. Yes, experienced pilot's will find this somewhat insulting but at least DJI are showing some initiative towards safety.
2017-11-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I agree, it should have been done long ago as people continue to fly in wildfire areas and ground the aircraft fighting the fires.  I don't know if they are unaware of the law or not, but something needs to be said on ownership of a drone.  It should be known you cannot just fly one anywhere as some seem to think.

I suspect it only runs once if you are new to the hobby and once registered it goes away.  I haven't seen it yet with the latest GO 4 either along with a new tablet so that's my theory of how it is applied.  I'd be curious as to what questions are asked too.

2017-11-6
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

Just curious... Has anyone actually seen this implemented and can confirm that the 'quiz' can prevent you from flying? Based on the info in the  'What's New' it could simply be a learning tool with no restrictive consequences.
2017-11-6
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

flighttime1 Posted at 2017-11-6 12:28
Just curious... Has anyone actually seen this implemented and can confirm that the 'quiz' can prevent you from flying? Based on the info in the  'What's New' it could simply be a learning tool with no restrictive consequences.

I have not seen it yet FT1, I am looking forward to taking this quiz though.

Mark G.
2017-11-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Knowledge Quiz info.
2017-11-6
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
United States

So it's geared to  new pilots and only need be dealt with once. If that is a problem, maybe you shouldn't own a drone.
2017-11-6
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

flighttime1 Posted at 2017-11-6 17:30
So it's geared to  new pilots and only need be dealt with once. If that is a problem, maybe you shouldn't own a drone.

I couldn't agree more, if you can't answer the questions, you should not be let loose with the machine.

Mark G.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sir, the quiz comes with DJI GO for iOS/Android v3.1.22 and they have been released.
But the Drone Pilot Knowledge Quiz will be requested only after activating the aircraft.
Users can skip the Quiz without completing it. The Quiz will appear again if users skip it or fail to pass. Users must take the Quiz when the Quiz appears for the fifth time.
PS: it is for users in the United States only.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2017-11-5 20:30

Flight safety first.
Educating drone pilots is the best way to enhance safety.
The new DJI Knowledge Quiz requires drone pilots to correctly answer a series of basic questions about safe drone use before their first flights.

Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-6 07:01
I agree, it should have been done long ago as people continue to fly in wildfire areas and ground the aircraft fighting the fires.  I don't know if they are unaware of the law or not, but something needs to be said on ownership of a drone.  It should be known you cannot just fly one anywhere as some seem to think.

I suspect it only runs once if you are new to the hobby and once registered it goes away.  I haven't seen it yet with the latest GO 4 either along with a new tablet so that's my theory of how it is applied.  I'd be curious as to what questions are asked too.

Thanks for your understanding and support to our decision.
The Knowledge Quiz will be requested once the aircraft is activated. It requires drone pilots to correctly answer a series of basic questions about safe drone use before their first flights.
It has not been released in DJI Go 4, your patience would be appreciated.
2017-11-8
Use props
robert266
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

Nice dji ... you have time to invent another crap like this ... but forgetting about us with the bad phantom 4 firmware  released months ago...  great !!!
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

robert266 Posted at 2017-11-8 15:56
Nice dji ... you have time to invent another crap like this ... but forgetting about us with the bad phantom 4 firmware  released months ago...  great !!!

We have beta firmware for Phantom 4, have you tried that?
2017-11-9
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2017-11-5 23:33
I'm fully up to date and I haven't been forced to do anything new. I've have been flying almost daily for the last week and it's been status quo.

sorry I mistakingly clicked down vote on your reply, I actually wanted to ask what version you are on, mine just popped up last night and its jumping from 18 to 22
2017-11-9
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy, does this mean that already registered AC owners do not have to take the quiz at all? Is it only for new users? What happens after the 5th skip, will the AC be disabled?
2017-11-9
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I liked DJI's initiative! It's a great way to spread knowledge.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mixchief Posted at 2017-11-9 07:24
Mindy, does this mean that already registered AC owners do not have to take the quiz at all? Is it only for new users? What happens after the 5th skip, will the AC be disabled?

I would recommend you do the quiz text and it will go back to normal without reminding you finish the text. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-11-10 04:41
I liked DJI's initiative! It's a great way to spread knowledge.

Thanks for your positive attitude toward our test.
2017-11-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Guernsey

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-11 03:31
Thanks for your positive attitude toward our test.

Will there be a similar quiz for the United Kingdom? I would look forward to taking this even just for the fun of it. Like others have said, if you can't answer the questions then maybe you are not ready to be using the equipment.

Well done DJI.

Mark G.
2017-11-11
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-11 06:25
Will there be a similar quiz for the United Kingdom? I would look forward to taking this even just for the fun of it. Like others have said, if you can't answer the questions then maybe you are not ready to be using the equipment.

Well done DJI.

Yep. I agree. Nothing wrong with such a check pre-activation etc. It should be a standard requirement during the activation process to, at least, pass some fundamental questions on owning and operating the equipment. Great job DJI !!
2017-11-11
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Maybe with questionnaires and information when turning on the drone for the first time people with attitudes like this think twice before doing bulls***!

https://goo.gl/b6UuuQ
2017-11-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Guernsey

dan_vector Posted at 2017-11-11 08:36
Yep. I agree. Nothing wrong with such a check pre-activation etc. It should be a standard requirement during the activation process to, at least, pass some fundamental questions on owning and operating the equipment. Great job DJI !!

Dan, it's hard to believe but on the "official" DJI Facebook groups, you can get an immediate ban for telling someone to read the manual. So-called "drone enthusiasts" encouraging ignorance instead of promoting education. Obviously, there are some who feel their rights are being breached if they are forced to do the right thing, there are, however, some who are happy to do the right thing without being forced.

There will always be idiots.

Happy flights Dan
Mark G.
2017-11-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

eggbeater Posted at 2017-11-30 19:37
Will I get a certificate in the mail from DJI to show the arresting officers that I was flying safely?

If you are flying safely and according to your local laws, why would there be an arresting officer?

Mark G.
2017-12-1
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I haven't come across this yet but I, too, think this is a great idea.  I've only been flying my I2 for 8 - 9 months but I recently decided to go ahead and take the FAA's knowledge test - and because I have a Governor-appointed position I'm prohibited by law from having any outside (paid) work.  That means I cannot even accept pay for services even with the remote pilot certification - only volunteer work.
I do understand that taking an exam seems a little over-the-top for someone who just wants to fly in circles in their back yard, but I doubt that someone who invests in an Inspire is going to be satisfied with that for very long and it's not what the Inspires were built for.

Demonstratable knowledgeable not only serves the pilot; it serves every pilot who doesn't want some government agency to decide that none of us should be flying. Thinking along those lines, a quiz suddenly doesn't seem so unreasonable.
2017-12-1
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-1 00:23
If you are flying safely and according to your local laws, why would there be an arresting officer?

Mark G.

I didnt know the safety quiz included local law.  There are some places in america were having a drone is illegal.
2017-12-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

eggbeater Posted at 2017-12-1 10:18
Does the DJI safety quiz include local laws?

I've no idea EG, they have not introduced it in the Uk yet.

Mark G.
2017-12-1
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to take it. It said I had 4 opportunities to skip. I am not sure what the or else is but knowing the great speed of DJI customer service I just took it rather than risking a lockout. It was a complete waste of time as it enforces nothing. If I am going to be an idiot when flying the knowledge test would not change that.
2017-12-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-12-1 11:24
I had to take it. It said I had 4 opportunities to skip. I am not sure what the or else is but knowing the great speed of DJI customer service I just took it rather than risking a lockout. It was a complete waste of time as it enforces nothing. If I am going to be an idiot when flying the knowledge test would not change that.

I don't think anyone really believes it was going to "enforce" anything, maybe more of a step in the right direction?
2017-12-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

eggbeater Posted at 2017-12-1 10:18
I didnt know the safety quiz included local law.  There are some places in america were having a drone is illegal.

Really, just owning a drone is illegal? Owning a gun is ok though? What sort of people make these laws?
2017-12-1
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

provincial types
2017-12-2
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-1 11:44
I don't think anyone really believes it was going to "enforce" anything, maybe more of a step in the right direction?

OK, Enforce was the wrong word. Teach, stops, do, can all be substituted. If I was the uncaring type, the test would accomplish nothing. I fly in a responsible manner and make sure I don't put anyone in danger just because its the correct thing to  do and I hope that I get the same respect in turn. The "Test " would change nothing. In fact I had to take it twice as I use the go app as well as go4.  
2017-12-4
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-12-4 13:19
OK, Enforce was the wrong word. Teach, stops, do, can all be substituted. If I was the uncaring type, the test would accomplish nothing. I fly in a responsible manner and make sure I don't put anyone in danger just because its the correct thing to  do and I hope that I get the same respect in turn. The "Test " would change nothing. In fact I had to take it twice as I use the go app as well as go4.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.
2017-12-4
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-4 13:53
I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

Its a waste of time and I should not be forced to take it as it changes nothing when I fly my drone. That is what I am getting at.
2017-12-5
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

If you have taken this test  and passed to unlock the ability to fly then you can be held accountable for any accident that might happen should you fly in a irresponsible manner.
If you were to be taken to a court of law they can prove that you were indeed aware of the potential dangers of your actions, Ignorance cannot be used as an excuse.
2017-12-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-11-6 01:47
If you take the idiot factor into consideration then I'm surprised they haven't incorporated this with the P4P & P4A. With the festive season fast approaching, there are going to be hundred's of new pilots out there that just don't have a clue or don't care. Yes, experienced pilot's will find this somewhat insulting but at least DJI are showing some initiative towards safety.

I believe it is for anything using the "GO" App. It popped up the other day while using my Phantom Obsidian.
2017-12-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules