1104 13 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly not able to get a square on front shot of this complex as too close to surrounding main roads - The Police would have made a visit. part of my busy morning yesterday with the Mavic. Perfect fly day -

Thought this would make an interesting image. Top of a light cluster in the overspill car park I used for take off and landing -

2017-11-5
Use props
mtg138
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491066 ft
United Kingdom

Nice!, i'm down in Sheffield every so often and never thought to get one of Meadowhall!

Where are you based?
2017-11-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kiveton Park. The weather yesterday morning was perfect but cold so was out for about 2 hours.
2017-11-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mtg138 Posted at 2017-11-6 00:27
Nice!, i'm down in Sheffield every so often and never thought to get one of Meadowhall!

Where are you based?

It's so hard to get a shot from the area right on the image as it's too close to the main carriage way. The area past the smoking chimney is the new treatment plant on the other side of the viaduct, so limited where you can get a good shot from.
2017-11-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Weird Merry Go Round!
2017-11-6
Use props
fans666b5e0a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1184 ft
United States

Don't see video?
2017-11-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I live near the new Apple HQ, aka "The Spaceship".  I'm sure they've had tons of drones flying over the site and I want to be respectful.  I'm thinking of a similar approach to what you did - locate off to the side of their property on a Sunday (non-work day), get up high, and just shoot from there.  Won't have the same detail as flying over, but I don't want to anger anyone on site.
2017-11-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Meadowhall are very strict. We used to race RC cars in the car parks at the other side next to the viaduct and they asked us to move on. Early in the morning, no cars in the car parks, not doing any harm at all but "Just doing my job" was the answer. It's quite easy to obey the 50m rule all around Sheffield as they still have good grassed area's around the town, just have to be cautious of inquisitive people.
2017-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful pictures!
2017-11-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The one that drops from the top and breaks just before the ground. Flew over the top of it on the way to landing and thought.......Why not. The best thing about drones is the stuff you see that no one else does. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's just hit the delete button.
2017-11-6
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-11-6 23:33
The one that drops from the top and breaks just before the ground. Flew over the top of it on the way to landing and thought.......Why not. The best thing about drones is the stuff you see that no one else does. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's just hit the delete button.

If I were you I fly again above it but at a higher altitude. I bet you it will look even cooler! Nice job.
2017-11-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am the E Posted at 2017-11-7 12:46
If I were you I fly again above it but at a higher altitude. I bet you it will look even cooler! Nice job.

The main problem with this is making sure the Police do not get directed to me. The South Yorkshire Police HQ is not even half a mile away from where I flew from. Did not want to push my luck with altitude as it was quite breezy at the height it was. I have been looking for alternative positions so watch this space if it's nice at the weekend.....
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool shots!
2017-11-8
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-11-8 07:10
The main problem with this is making sure the Police do not get directed to me. The South Yorkshire Police HQ is not even half a mile away from where I flew from. Did not want to push my luck with altitude as it was quite breezy at the height it was. I have been looking for alternative positions so watch this space if it's nice at the weekend.....

Yup don't mess with them for sure
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules