RTH question
1017 21 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

i'm intend to make a mavic follow the plane with follow me mode (follow mavic rc)
the question is, if mavic low bat and go RTH, where is mavic will go for the RTH?
at the 1st time mavic takeoff point, or at the RC location (which is moving with the plane) ?

FOLLOWED MT.jpg
2017-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Your home point is where you mavic goes airborne.Do you use follow me with Litchi? yes, you can also use a old phone and Litchi magic leash. Then your controller stays next to you

2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

hi Jos thanks for the answer, but are you sure? because i'm using follow me (or what mode it is i'm forget) but it suppose mavic follow his RC at that moment
RC and the phone carrying with the plane, so i dont have any control nor see the telemetry on mavic, so my thought is mavic will return when she get low battery
2017-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

I am sure, be sure not to use dynamic homepoint.
You can test first by walk away with controller until your battery is almost dead, it return to take of position
2017-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

here is a different option if you want to keep control next to you.
2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

Jos A Posted at 2017-11-6 04:34

here is a different option if you want to keep control next to you.

wow oke wait thats new, luckily i have litchi
on that video are you saying i just need to use 2 mobile phone? and put only 1 phone to the rc plane? or what the video is not quite detail  
2017-11-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, I would love to see the video from this.
2017-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

yes second phone to your airplane, i often used it with my kids.

here example with the mavic

2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

Hohohoho...thank you jos its very helpfull, reason i choose mavic because it have small rc compare with phantom or inspire, but yeah i have those quad
now i just have to put only 1 phone to the aircrarf, yeah i will use phantom instead my mavic

oke last question...at the high altitude (100m) 4G signal is get lower or the worse is get disconnected (lost signal), how it would be?
quad will hover? or back to home location?
2017-11-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Mavic doest follow the rc. It follows the gps Signal of the connected device.
2017-11-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Thats the question you must ask to the litchi guys, i never fly so far and high.
When lost connection to magic leash i can still controlled the mavic
2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

ah so perfect !! thats it !!

actually i can't operate 2 model at the same time, but nah it is fine i will try it
last question (again)
let say i will flown my plane at 100m so mavic will flown above the plane maybe at 120m high, but when the plane increasing/decresing the altitude mavic wont change the altitude right? it will stay 120m as we set?
2017-11-6
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

I tot there is an active track in Mavic ? Can't it be used ?
2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

romeotango Posted at 2017-11-6 05:42
I tot there is an active track in Mavic ? Can't it be used ?

it will follow an airplane, it fast and small mavic wont catch up if use active track so follow the rc is the answer (at 1st) i'm suprised it have another solution
2017-11-6
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

benzphantom Posted at 2017-11-6 06:00
it will follow an airplane, it fast and small mavic wont catch up if use active track so follow the rc is the answer (at 1st) i'm suprised it have another solution

I see, thanks for the insight
2017-11-6
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

This is an interesting experiment
2017-11-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I agree with those asking you to post the video.  Would love to see it.
2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

thanks for the support guys

yes this experiment because i (perhaps we all in the rc plane world) very badly want to capturing of moment how our airplane flown in the air, its difficult to capturing without assistant, because i'm alone FPV'ers on my aeroclub i have to think how to make it happen without others assistant, so yeah maybe this is a terrible idea but i dont have any option

luckily i asking 1st in this forum, so i have another option with less risky, so thank you guys i learn this "Magic Leash" 1st and yes definitely i will upload the video to all of you
2017-11-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

benzphantom Posted at 2017-11-6 18:14
thanks for the support guys

yes this experiment because i (perhaps we all in the rc plane world) very badly want to capturing of moment how our airplane flown in the air, its difficult to capturing without assistant, because i'm alone FPV'ers on my aeroclub i have to think how to make it happen without others assistant, so yeah maybe this is a terrible idea but i dont have any option

I have to ask why you are strapping the RC to the airplane as it may not work too well with the aerials folded.
2017-11-6
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-6 22:16
I have to ask why you are strapping the RC to the airplane as it may not work too well with the aerials folded.

1st i must put that RC to the plane because i thought it just the only way to make mavic follow the plane, 2nd it dont have any place where to put the RC, inside the fuselage it wont fit so i put outside the fuselage and put the mobile phone inside the fuselage
regarding the folding antenna, if i can keep 200m-300m distance from the RC to the MAVIC i guess no need to put the antenna corectly

but again that was my 1st thought, not for now, i intend to use Magic Leash to do that job (thanks to Jos)
2017-11-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

benzphantom Posted at 2017-11-6 22:41
1st i must put that RC to the plane because i thought it just the only way to make mavic follow the plane, 2nd it dont have any place where to put the RC, inside the fuselage it wont fit so i put outside the fuselage and put the mobile phone inside the fuselage
regarding the folding antenna, if i can keep 200m-300m distance from the RC to the MAVIC i guess no need to put the antenna corectly

Well I wish you luck but I don't see how it will work without a proper signal.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Only for your question, if the Home point is where the drone takeoff, it will RTH to the takeoff point if condition available, coz according to your pics, the RC is bound to the fixed-wing plane, in this circumstance, RC's current position will not be set as the Homepoint coz it doesn't equip with GPS module. But this is not the recommended way for flying, it could be dangerous. Thank you for your understanding.
BTW, please kindly read and understand the RTH logic on the manual.
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules