Not able to download videos from app to phone
19258 15 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb7e0241e
New

United States

I am getting a message when I try to download the video from the DJI APP to my IPHONE 7 +
It says   FAILED TO SAVE FILE .
The video is recorded in 1080p .
I recently updated my APP
The phone also updated its software .
Anyone Else having this issue ?
How did you resolve it ?
2017-11-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you recording video as mp4 or .mov? Assume you have enough free space on your 7+?
2017-11-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Videos take a very large amount of memory.  Why would you want them on your phone?  Download them to your computer and resave them at lower resolution before making them available to your phone.
2017-11-6
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

Are you trying to copy a cached 1080P file to your Photos app library? Are you going to Editor>Album, select the file you want, select the "swoosh arrow" on top next to the heart, then selecting the three dots on the bottom, then selecting "Save Video"?  If you are then I can't help, but you're trying any other apparent method it wont work. I tried all those other methods too.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the answers above, if it doesn't help, please provide me with the screenshot of this message, name the app's version also. Thank you.
2017-11-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem once, I believe you have to give tha app dji go 4 access to photos then downloading is easy.
2017-11-7
Use props
fansb7e0241e
New

United States

I do it that way and it seems to work . Thanks !
Only issue is it won’t let me “share” videos over 10 minutes long .
I usually hit the arrow in the bottom left to save to device .
I keep getting
Failed to save
2017-11-7
Use props
fansb7e0241e
New

United States

Thanks Guys !
It was the setting on my IPhone
Not allowing access !
I wanted them on my phone to share them on what’s app !!
Thanks to all!
2017-11-9
Use props
fansb7e0241e
New

United States

Woe Posted at 2017-11-7 04:56
I had this problem once, I believe you have to give tha app dji go 4 access to photos then downloading is easy.

Thanks. Needed that
2017-11-9
Use props
fansb7e0241e
New

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-11-6 10:57
Videos take a very large amount of memory.  Why would you want them on your phone?  Download them to your computer and resave them at lower resolution before making them available to your phone.

Wanted to share them thru what’s app !
2017-11-9
Use props
fansc10398f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560604 ft
Guatemala

I have the same problem and it worked fine before??
2018-4-8
Use props
fansc10398f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560604 ft
Guatemala

did you resolve it ? I was able to do it before and suddenly it does the same it tells me FAILED TO SAVE FILE ?  I have enough memory on my Iphone ?? anybody can help ?
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_Y0QrzgFgjpeZ
lvl.1

United States

fansb7e0241e Posted at 2017-11-9 08:31
Thanks Guys !
It was the setting on my IPhone
Not allowing access !

Hey, just wondered, what settings on the phone do you need to change?  I have the same "4k cannot be saved" message when trying to download to my phone.
Also, would taking the SD card from the drone and putting in a SD card reader and connecting to a PC also work for downloading 4k videos?
thank you...
2018-7-31
Use props
Earhart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257648 ft
United States

Was looking for something and came across this old post so maybe others still do as well: Keep in mind that (some?) iPhones can record the screen so you could simply start screen recording, play the video and stop screen recording when done. It saves it in your picture file and you can then easily edit out the beginning and ending (cause screen recording starts before you can actually play your video). Meantime thanks to Hotelone4 for your comment. Sometimes you wonder what developers think when they 'hide' stuff we need to access.
2019-7-23
Use props
Earhart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257648 ft
United States

Was looking for something and came across this old post so maybe others still do as well: Keep in mind that (some?) iPhones can record the screen so you could simply start screen recording, play the video and stop screen recording when done. It saves it in your picture file and you can then easily edit out the beginning and ending (cause screen recording starts before you can actually play your video). Meantime thanks to Hotelone4 for your comment. Sometimes you wonder what developers think when they 'hide' stuff we need to access.
2019-7-23
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>

Try the 'Sync for DJI' app. This app allows you to download any file types from your drone. App connects to drone the same way like DJI GO 4. The app supports any file types (4K, H.265, RAW, etc.)
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules