M210 - Issues and Repairs
2213 20 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ironhyde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152917 ft
United States

I ordered a M210 back in September, choosing it since it was one of few drones I could find with an upward gimbal. Well, so far it was in my hands for two days, it did not work when we first unboxed, had several firmware issues, didn't want to connect to the X5s we purchased along with it. We did all the necessary updates, and tried to change to the single downward gimbal. First off, this is not an easy task, and after connected it did not work either. We returned it to the nearest dealer we purchased through, they tried for almost 2 weeks to repair, but were unsuccessful. They recommended we send it back to DJI for repairs, so we followed through with this. This process took over several days since the RMA repair label DJI sent was for ground shipping from Fla. to Calif., even after I pleaded fro expedited shipping, since the unit was brand new, never even used. Fast forward to today Nov. 6-2017, nearly 2 months after we ordered it, and after repeated calls to DJI customer support/tech support, they still cant answer when it will be out of repair. They did agree to expedite shipping once it is out, and after it goes back through their receiving/shipping unit for a couple more days.....

You get where I am going with this, I have seen several others on this forum with M210 issues, were these units not ready for primetime, or is DJI customer support/repair just that slow?

At this point, I have called several times for status, never get an answer, am told they will call me back, but never do....

I am hoping a moderator or DJI rep will actually read this and realize that this is not acceptable, nearly 2 months for a brand new, never even used drone repair? Come on, please repair or replace with a new one!

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but when you spend $11.5k for a drone and camera and it never works from Day 1, seems there is an issue with this M210 platform.
2017-11-6
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

I had been reading about issues like this and it really had me on the fence about the M200 series. I went ahead and got a M210, thus far it's been really solid so to speak. However, I haven't run dual cams yet.
2017-11-6
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

Jerry - that is good to hear! I hope it continues to work well for you. Did you have any firmware issues when you unboxed? Did you purchase through a dealer that has an authorized DJI Service center?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see if we got a lemon, and it just needs to be replaced, or if it is common occurrence.

Thanks again
2017-11-6
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I purchased through a dealer. However, my dealer took the time to update all the firmware and have the package completely ready to fly. I know the updating can be a serious challenge based on all that I have read about bad firmware updates. However, seeing as how you sent it to a dealer and they gave it go for two weeks I'm wondering if your M210 had other issues.

When I powered mine up for the first time I had my fingers crossed, all the drama on the forums really had me freaked. Moving forward, I have no doubt that the M210 was the right choice. I've got about 2 hours of flight time on it and it really goes beyond what I thought it would be.

If the powers that be can sort this out, performance wise the M200 series can deliver.

What's it take to get it completely replaced? If they have the unit you could consider talking to your card service and doing a chargeback.

Jerry
2017-11-6
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

It is just unbelievable that a product that is faulty out-of-the box is not immediately replaced with apologies.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ironhyde, I can feel your pain. It is really upset if I were in your position. I got your case number according to your email and found that the case has already been speeded up. But I had forwarded your case to the local team and asked them to expedite the case again. Hope things will be addressed soon.
2017-11-6
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-6 19:52
Ironhyde, I can feel your pain. It is really upset if I were in your position. I got your case number according to your email and found that the case has already been speeded up. But I had forwarded your case to the local team and asked them to expedite the case again. Hope things will be addressed soon.

Thank you Thor! Any help moving this forward is sincerely appreciated.
Since this is a tool for business, I have not been able to do any inspections during this time, lost revenue is starting to be concerning.

2017-11-7
Use props
DF-FIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Ironhyde Posted at 2017-11-7 04:51
Thank you Thor! Any help moving this forward is sincerely appreciated.
Since this is a tool for business, I have not been able to do any inspections during this time, lost revenue is starting to be concerning.

Although the update and setup is not complicated, it does need some patient and experience as with M210, the update process is not up to date and the instructions / messages when updated are very confusing and unclear. Because of this we professionals are here to help.

Therefore I strongly recommend that anyone without a proper knowledge should buy these kind of professional systems from a experienced industrial DJI dealer that has knowlegde if DJI products. It will first of all save a lot of your time, will get to up and running much faster and in some cases, it will even save you from major issues when unexperienced users have tried to update the system either with a firmware that is not meant for that certain model / camera or the update process was executed wrongly.

Paying for a few hours work will in the end save you a lot of time and get you flying without problems. However, being true and honest, sometimes these systems do have such issues that the system is simply DOA and had to be returned to DJI - but these are rare cases today.
2017-11-7
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

Waiting.....Waiting......Got DJI Support_US email saying Case was escalated I would be contacted within 2 days.....2 Days pass, no communication.

I have called so many times just to get told same thing it says on the web site under my case.. "in repair"
2017-11-9
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

That sucks, who has time for the hurry and wait game!
2017-11-9
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452753 ft
Canada

wanted to let you know that i've had the M210 RTK for about 3 weeks now. have flown it with the Z30, but the X5S doe snot work on the M210 after the firmware update and i cant downgrade the FW. the X5S just pans back and forth. I'm about to email my supplier and his DJI rep and freak out.

Love the DJI products, and their attempts at customer service have been somewhat sweetly amusing on the prvious units, but at over $25k into this M210... we are not amused.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ironhyde Posted at 2017-11-9 13:29
Waiting.....Waiting......Got DJI Support_US email saying Case was escalated I would be contacted within 2 days.....2 Days pass, no communication.

I have called so many times just to get told same thing it says on the web site under my case.. "in repair"

That must be very painful, I am sincerely sorry for this. I had informed the local team to keep the case following up again. Will have someone to contact you soon.
2017-11-10
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

NewsFlight24 Posted at 2017-11-9 17:37
wanted to let you know that i've had the M210 RTK for about 3 weeks now. have flown it with the Z30, but the X5S doe snot work on the M210 after the firmware update and i cant downgrade the FW. the X5S just pans back and forth. I'm about to email my supplier and his DJI rep and freak out.

Love the DJI products, and their attempts at customer service have been somewhat sweetly amusing on the prvious units, but at over $25k into this M210... we are not amused.

Wow, that is not good to hear about the compatibility issues with X5s, since that is what was recommended to us to use with our M210 (non-RTK). Please let us know if you are able to get firmware downgrade and that resolves the issue.

Just curious, what application/use you have that needed the RTK?  RTK GPS is a neat tool, I just wonder what accuracy of position you are achieving, I am a surveyor so we utilize RTK positioning with a base station at a known point/coordinate to triangulate to the Rover RTK unit, and provide fix solutions for our data collection, but I couldn't justify the M210 RTK cost, not really knowing the accuracy other than what is claimed by DJI Spec sheet.
2017-11-10
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

This thread and a few others really made me think about a few things. I hear all kinds of varying reports about product issues and customer support about the average consumers and "prosumers" but with the rise of  "Enterprise" and commercial drone applications there needs to be some avenue of dealing with tech issues when you have tens of thousands of dollars tied up in DJI tech and it's not making you any money.

The money being spent on DJI stuff is quickly approaching the cost of new cars with no assurances that anyone will be taken care of with respect to customer service.
2017-11-10
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

jerry@MGS 0 Posted at 2017-11-10 08:05
This thread and a few others really made me think about a few things. I hear all kinds of varying reports about product issues and customer support about the average consumers and "prosumers" but with the rise of  "Enterprise" and commercial drone applications there needs to be some avenue of dealing with tech issues when you have tens of thousands of dollars tied up in DJI tech and it's not making you any money.

The money being spent on DJI stuff is quickly approaching the cost of new cars with no assurances that anyone will be taken care of with respect to customer service.

Jerry - I agree. The cost and end use of these "Professional" systems should necessitate a more direct link to support, service, etc.

We have corporate fleet accounts with our trucks that give us a direct contact person to contact when one goes out of service. When we are shopping for replacement vehicles we have an account rep that basically knows our needs and goes to bat to get us the best price, best service so we come back again to that dealership, (and he gets his commission).

2017-11-10
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Ironhyde Posted at 2017-11-10 08:54
Jerry - I agree. The cost and end use of these "Professional" systems should necessitate a more direct link to support, service, etc.

We have corporate fleet accounts with our trucks that give us a direct contact person to contact when one goes out of service. When we are shopping for replacement vehicles we have an account rep that basically knows our needs and goes to bat to get us the best price, best service so we come back again to that dealership, (and he gets his commission).

Suggest one works to have reachable points of contact at your professional DJI Dealer, and that these POC’s be on your email and/or mobile phone directory.  If you have an excellent professional DJI Dealer who’s available when stuff happens, then life - and resolution of issues - will be infinitely easier.  This is based on personal experience over the last 3-1/2 years.
2017-11-11
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

Ironhyde Posted at 2017-11-10 08:54

Exactly, that's how typical commercial enterprise accounts work. But for some reason in this industry, you purchase some major hardware from a dealer, and then you're pushed to the manufacturer who drops the ball on product support.

I was set to purchase a few more platforms and multiple sensors for each but I think I'm going to put that on hold till someone starts taking this seriously.
2017-11-12
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

jerry@MGS 0 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:57
Exactly, that's how typical commercial enterprise accounts work. But for some reason in this industry, you purchase some major hardware from a dealer, and then you're pushed to the manufacturer who drops the ball on product support.

I was set to purchase a few more platforms and multiple sensors for each but I think I'm going to put that on hold till someone starts taking this seriously.

Just wondering, maybe there would be some value in trying to find a different professional dealer who’s more interested and/or suited for complex needs...
2017-11-12
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

Robert M Serino Posted at 2017-11-12 09:13
Just wondering, maybe there would be some value in trying to find a different professional dealer who’s more interested and/or suited for complex needs...

Rob - I agree and see your point. For my particular case, I researched dealers in my area, and there is only one, I found through DJI website, so I ordered through them. Not knowing they couldn't help me if something went wrong, they were happy to take my money.  Maybe a way to evaluate dealers, and have it be public which ones have direct link to DJI and have service, vs. those that are only sales.
2017-11-13
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

Update to my status as of November 13th, 2017:

I tried emailing support and even spoke to several supervisors in the past 2 weeks. Still no real update why I don't have my drone back. Email support said someone would call within 2 business days, didn't happen, so I called again at close of business on 3rd day, was told case was elevated status, but still no real update what they are repairing or when it was expected to be complete?

PLEASE DJI _ FIX MY BRAND NEW NEVER USED DRONE OR SEND ME REPLACEMENT _ NO MORE LIP SERVICE! THOR - ELEKTRA ANYONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS REPAIR HAPPEN?  

I would think in 2 days a technician could totally rebuild a drone, Right? IS this a firmware issue that your technicians cant figure out? If so refund my money, and I will find another drone.

On my last leg here...

2017-11-13
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
United States

Ironhyde Posted at 2017-11-13 08:46
Update to my status as of November 13th, 2017:

I tried emailing support and even spoke to several supervisors in the past 2 weeks. Still no real update why I don't have my drone back. Email support said someone would call within 2 business days, didn't happen, so I called again at close of business on 3rd day, was told case was elevated status, but still no real update what they are repairing or when it was expected to be complete?

Thank you to whomever finally kicked this into high gear, (don't know if it was from my forum posts, repeated phone calls, or support emails, but it finally happened). I understand it is on its way back to me. Will update the status once we have tested and have flight success.

2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules