What features would you like to see in the Phantom 5?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

Figured I'd start a "just for fun" thread:

When the Phantom 5 is eventually released, what features would you like to see in it?  What improvements would you like it to have over the Phantom 3's and 4's?
I'm eager to see everyone's responses.

2017-11-6
Use props
dayviduk
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A strobe for better VLOS
2017-11-6
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

I know they try to restrict the higher rate cameras for the inspire, but I would love if they put a camera like the x5r on the frame. I know nothing about the hardware demands, but that could be really cool.
2017-11-6
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

night flying capabilities and brighter led's
2017-11-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

A name other than Phantom. I think the P4Pro is probably the end of that line. If DJI wants to be really bold then it should have a totally new name and be a totally different concept.
Certainly folding legs, 360 degree camera, an RC more like the Mavic one and quieter props.
2017-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FF sensor
2017-11-6
Use props
Rob1962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1517451 ft
United States

Remote control landing gear retracts and removable camera.
2017-11-8
Use props
chandavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252290 ft
United States

I second Dayviduk's brighter strobes!
2017-11-8
Use props
Rowdyflyer1903
New

United States

Free fall detection mode with activates a self righting function possibly powered but an internal battery which is separate from the removable recharging ones. Maybe this will give you one minute or even 30 seconds of flying time to get the bird down and or trouble shoot a restart.
2017-11-8
Use props
Rowdyflyer1903
New

United States

Free fall detection and self-righting function powered by an internal and separate power source . This could be as simple as an inclusion of a non-recharge li ion battery which gives you 30 seconds of flight time to get the bird down or trouble shoot the problem.
2017-11-8
Use props
Rowdyflyer1903
New

United States

chandavi Posted at 2017-11-8 18:23
I second Dayviduk's brighter strobes!

Yes a strobe pop can be seen miles away. Even if the strobe sat on top, the angle between the pilot and the bird at a distance would still be seen. If you were underneath there would be little need for one. Also this might be something which could be seen by piloted aircraft in the area.   It would be a win win.
2017-11-8
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i M sure it will be a great drone ..... focus on app solutions / fix/ improve , Android & Mac
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for those suggestion. An internal battery sounds good, but I think it will add extra weight and shorten the flight time.
2017-11-12
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Stealth cloak
2017-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

An Emergency parachute.
2017-11-12
Use props
Mallory Dog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 997008 ft
United Kingdom

Software that doesn't crash, a gimbal that doesn't get an epileptic fit at unpredictable moments, strobe is a great idea but mustn't interfere with video or photography.  Most of all stable upgrades that don't seem to make things worse!
2017-11-12
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Fuel cells.

2017-11-12
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Floats....
2017-11-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Well, if there is to be a Phantom 5 then it is fair to assume it will be more expensive, and even more professional than the P4 or P4Pro. So what features are sensible?

1. How about, more offline capabilities in the area of flight planning. I do a lot of flight planning before I even get to the place or even country where I will be flying.
2. An integrated drone finder facility. A system not based on GPS, or requiring a WIFI or telephone link, just a pile sender signal, even a signal only covering a relatively short range would be useful. It is the last one or two hundred meters that is difficult when you are trying to locate a lost ac.
3. Closer integration/cooperation with third party software. DJI must face up to the fact they cannot and will never be capable of supplying everything, so set up a common interface that can be accessed by others where we can log our flights from other Apps, transfer flight plans, or even program our own Apps and get them to interface with the DJI software etc.
4. A true dynamic home-point feature would be great, one that uses the controller as its home-point and updates regularly, that means in seconds not minutes or every 15 meters or so. If contact is lost it could be a “return to last known home”. Features like “follow-home-point” or controlling the ac from a moving platform (like a boat) would be possible.
5. RTH setting ability to return to controller, with a “hand-catch” setting. For example the ac returns to hover two meters or so above the controller then can be slowly brought down manually.
6. The ability to use multiple screens/goggles, people have wives and families that are doomed to watching a black dot in the sky while dad alone has fun. I could imagine a business enterprise doing guided tours where groups of people are each given a pair of goggles and then flown around the local places of interest.
7. What about a true 3D camera setup. So we can all do “Avatar” remakes. Or film with 360 degrees and let your partner watch what they want, whilst you pilot.

N.B. Where I have used gender to refer to pilots or attendants is in no way intended to be discriminating.

2017-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules