DJIGO4 Litichi
1376 14 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967267 ft
United States

Does anyone else seem to get better photos and video with the DJIGo4 app than Litchi. I like litchi for way point missions only, it is simple and works great but it seems the video and photos are not near as good. I have messed with alot of the settings but over all it seems DJIGO is way better. I really wish the go app had a way point set up as ez as Litchi. Maybe I am missing something.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Truly speaking, I think the quality of the pics and videos is more depends on the settings or image structure rather than the app you use. For more mapping mission, we have an app named DJI GS Pro, you can visit here for more details.
BTW, we don't suggest using third-party apps for flying coz data on the third-party apps will not be admitted. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-6 23:32
Truly speaking, I think the quality of the pics and videos is more depends on the settings or image structure rather than the app you use. For more mapping mission, we have an app named DJI GS Pro, you can visit here for more details.
BTW, we don't suggest using third-party apps for flying coz data on the third-party apps will not be admitted. Thank you for your kind understanding.

I have tried lots of different settings and for me DJI go4  is better.  I will try Dji GS PRO today an see thanks for the tip. I am not sure what you mean by third party apps not admitted.
2017-11-7
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-11-7 05:24
I have tried lots of different settings and for me DJI go4  is better.  I will try Dji GS PRO today an see thanks for the tip. I am not sure what you mean by third party apps not admitted.

If you have some problem; crash or something else, the logs from 3rd parties will not be allowed by DJI to be studied.
And, as Thor said, I don't see the point of the app to influence on photos. The camara is only one. The app just fire it! nothing else.
That is the way I see it!
2017-11-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You must have them both since DJI don't add panorama mode and DJI GS PRO is only for ios.
Also you don't have the features what in Litchi can do in a waypoit like making a panorama or stop/start recording/taking picture etc.
you don't have to fly first to add a waypoint, you can plan your missions in advance.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-7 07:13
If you have some problem; crash or something else, the logs from 3rd parties will not be allowed by DJI to be studied.
And, as Thor said, I don't see the point of the app to influence on photos. The camara is only one. The app just fire it! nothing else.
That is the way I see it!

Thats how I see it too but its not the same.  I dont claim to understand any of it but I have to believe its more than just firing it. I know alot can be done in post edit but the DJI seems alot sharper which you or at least I  cant exactly fix
  I dontrellly care to have  DJI study a crash I will guess that 99 to 100 percent of the time a crash would be my fault. The drone is nothing but awesome. I dont need answers if I crash and if something was to happen to cause harm to some one it would be studied regardless the app.  
2017-11-7
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-11-7 07:47
You must have them both since DJI don't add panorama mode and DJI GS PRO is only for ios.
Also you don't have the features what in Litchi can do in a waypoit like making a panorama or stop/start recording/taking picture etc.
you don't have to fly first to add a waypoint, you can plan your missions in advance.

Do you think you can get the same picture quality with Litchi?
2017-11-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-11-7 09:05
Do you think you can get the same picture quality with Litchi?

Yes, I see no diffrent in adobe lightroom or davinci resolve. Histogram and colors remain the same.
In fact litchi used the several settings which you have made in DJI Go 4.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-11-7 05:24

Yeah, please refer to DocAraxá's reply. Data from any third-party app when an accident happens. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-11-10
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

This replay is sort of unfair, because it only covers iPad people.  This functionality is unavailable for Android users or for anyone want to do way-point missions from a phone.  I don't have Litchi, but I got pretty close to getting it after the Harvey flood here in Houston.  I'm always afraid to get it due to all the restrictions with third-party apps.

I love my Mavic but good pre-planned way-point missions are one thing I wish I could do more easily.  I know i gets asked a lot but are there any plans for GS to be used on Android?
2017-11-10
Use props
DJIU+1F44D
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-10 03:02
Yeah, please refer to DocAraxá's reply. Data from any third-party app when an accident happens. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for all the help I looked for the app on my Iphone and couldnt find it I guess it is only for ipads.  I actually did have a hard landing the day I made the post,  I was using a Threeking set of propellers I purchased out of curiosity and assume one broke while braking.  I now see where they get the name Threeking (you end up flying on three props). lessons learned I will need a new right rear arm but everything else seems fine the arm over extended cracking the stop .  I was using the DJIGO 4 app at the time but pretty certain the prop broke braking. So no need to really analyze it.  I was about 36m up however so pretty hard landing.
2017-11-10
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That looks like it would be nice, however it is ios only!?  Therefore if I decide (and leaning that way) to buy a crystalsky display I can't use it.  Somebody should look at porting this over to Android os.
I have looked at Litchi and it lets you point the camera towards a point of interest and either video or photo the point.  It does not appear in the GS Pro that you can do that.  Instead you have to tell it a direction to point and an angle down.  Which seems like a lot of work to get a shot that would be good.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-11-10 05:20
This replay is sort of unfair, because it only covers iPad people.  This functionality is unavailable for Android users or for anyone want to do way-point missions from a phone.  I don't have Litchi, but I got pretty close to getting it after the Harvey flood here in Houston.  I'm always afraid to get it due to all the restrictions with third-party apps.

I love my Mavic but good pre-planned way-point missions are one thing I wish I could do more easily.  I know i gets asked a lot but are there any plans for GS to be used on Android?

This requirement had forwarded to the engineers, and they are aware of this. But I don't receive the news that when it will be able for Android users. I hope it will be available soon.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DJIU+1F44D Posted at 2017-11-10 12:23
Thanks for all the help I looked for the app on my Iphone and couldnt find it I guess it is only for ipads.  I actually did have a hard landing the day I made the post,  I was using a Threeking set of propellers I purchased out of curiosity and assume one broke while braking.  I now see where they get the name Threeking (you end up flying on three props). lessons learned I will need a new right rear arm but everything else seems fine the arm over extended cracking the stop .  I was using the DJIGO 4 app at the time but pretty certain the prop broke braking. So no need to really analyze it.  I was about 36m up however so pretty hard landing.

Sorry to hear about this case. Please send it back to us if there is a need, we will help to take care of the broken part of the drone. And yeah, it is always hard to learn from the fault, move on and take good care of your drone. BTW, you can click here for applying an online repair case.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-11-10 12:29
That looks like it would be nice, however it is ios only!?  Therefore if I decide (and leaning that way) to buy a crystalsky display I can't use it.  Somebody should look at porting this over to Android os.
I have looked at Litchi and it lets you point the camera towards a point of interest and either video or photo the point.  It does not appear in the GS Pro that you can do that.  Instead you have to tell it a direction to point and an angle down.  Which seems like a lot of work to get a shot that would be good.

Had already sent the requirement of this app for Android system to the engineers, hope it will be available in the future.
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules